Will you install the update after reading this post?
Already did, I'm keeping it!
 0%  [ 0 ]
Already did, but I guess I'll install it.
 0%  [ 0 ]
I might...
 0%  [ 0 ]
Nope!
 0%  [ 0 ]
Uhh...no way. 2spooky4me i'm not installing updates any more
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 0

So I installed update KB3116908 on my desktop around 24 hours, and believe me, it was the biggest pain the world.

Here goes the story. I restart a few times to get Remote desktop, and while that occured, the update installed. And here's when my pain went all over the charts.

Immediately upon installing the update, Wi-Fi cuts were often, even BSODs occured every hour or so logged on (when it wasn't logged on no BSODs). I literally went quite deep all over random forums, almost installing a semi-scam software, to fix svchost.exe and nldll.dll (or something around that).

And in the end, guess what it was
The update! (and also removing SYSTEM privileges from WLAN AutoConfigure, but I guess that really didn't help that much, did it via. process hacker)

And here's what I did in attempts to fix the issue:
-svc /scannow
-Uninstalling and reinstalling Wi-Fi drivers
-Going through numerous dumps and event logs seeing what the heck was going on (and I also had to install the debug symbols and the debugging software too!)
-Attempting to change WLAN services to start automatically, and doing the same for dependencies.
-Attempting to change priviledges on the WLAN AutoConfigure with the SYSTEM profile
-Going into Safe Mode (with network, but there was no network except ethernet...)
-Searching a lot of forums about the issue on different operating systems, sometimes almost installing software
-Finally googling the error code I got from the BSOD dump, and NOTHING CAME UP (the error code was 0xadbc6080, try looking it up! nothing shows up, but probably this cemetech post, so that gives away how recent this is)
-And a bunch of restarts.

I finally in the end contacted Microsoft Support, I'm on with them right now, making sure the issue is resolved, and any corrupt files are resolved.

My hardware is a Mac Mini Late 2012 running Boot Camp w/ Windows 10, Intel Core i7 3615QM, 16 GB of RAM, 256 GB SSD (104 GB reserved for Windows).

So, a fair warning. Wondering if any of you experience same issues with your hardware installing the KB3116908 update.
Given I don't have any way to get updates, aside from pushing them onto a usb stick (which is too much work), I've still got the default windows 10 installed (via oem in august(?)). when it comes to features, is there anything new in the updates, or have they been all security related?

What you described sounds like a pain. Of course, bootcamp was a pain for me back when I used my macbook, too; is this issue possibly due to the platforms mixing? Also, does microsoft have an easy-ish way to undo a particular update? What did that particular update contain?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours