Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
After releasing TI-FLOW nearly a month ago, earthnite and I have been busy working on several other projects, including the Connect Four challenge. As our current project is nearing completion, we will now have more time to work on making a color version of TI-FLOW, branded as CE-FLOW.

Porting the game should, hopefully, not take very long. However, we are implementing several new features to take advantage of colors and the higher resolution. So far, we have completed the new level select screen and several routines for the new game board.


Better pictures coming soon. Smile
jonbush wrote:
After releasing TI-FLOW nearly a month ago, earthnite and I have been busy working on several other projects, including the Connect Four challenge. As our current project is nearing completion, we will now have more time to work on making a color version of TI-FLOW, branded as CE-FLOW.

Porting the game should, hopefully, not take very long. However, we are implementing several new features to take advantage of colors and the higher resolution. So far, we have completed the new level select screen and several routines for the new game board.


Better pictures coming soon. Smile


Looks cool! I've never tried Free-Flow so I'll give that a shot soon. Maybe a port from BASIC to asm would also be pretty cool for a full-screen experience.
So I assume from the CE- part of the name that this will be available for the 84 Plus CE, making it pure BASIC, and not needing Doors CSE to run.
Looks awesome, I can't wait to get my hands on it! There's nothing bad about more games for the PCE.
o355 wrote:
*snip*

Maybe a port from BASIC to asm would also be pretty cool for a full-screen experience.


An assembly version of this would be fantastic. I might even be willing to help...
Caleb_Hill wrote:
So I assume from the CE- part of the name that this will be available for the 84 Plus CE, making it pure BASIC, and not needing Doors CSE to run.


That is correct. Right now, our goal is to push the limits of TI-BASIC - which I believe we have done with TI-FLOW. In the future, we may consider making an ASM version; however, it probably will not be necessary. Our main frustration is that people automatically discount TI-BASIC programs, regardless of their merit, due to the prolificity of poor quality TI-BASIC programs and the limitations of the language itself.
jonbush wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
So I assume from the CE- part of the name that this will be available for the 84 Plus CE, making it pure BASIC, and not needing Doors CSE to run.


That is correct. Right now, our goal is to push the limits of TI-BASIC - which I believe we have done with TI-FLOW. In the future, we may consider making an ASM version; however, it probably will not be necessary. Our main frustration is that people automatically discount TI-BASIC programs, regardless of their merit, due to the prolificity of poor quality TI-BASIC programs and the limitations of the language itself.

I see. Well, good luck on the port, and godspeed to you with the upload!
I am curious about the progress of this project. Is this going to be completed in the forseeable future? If so, when?
Honestly, there has been no progress on this project since before my initial posting - finals and work and papers and TI-PLOW and Doctor Who and my use of polysyndeton got in the way. Now that these things are finished/on hold it will hopefully progress rather quickly.
Awesome that it's resumed. This will probably become a classic as far as CE games go. Good luck!
We have once again been working on CE-FLOW (TI-FLOW CE?). Here is a quick update on our progress:

Tasks completed:
▪Start CE-FLOW thread on Cemetech
▪Square drawing and dithering (half-shading)
▪Level select string
▪Board Scaling
▪Cutoff circle dithering
▪Expanded compression string for larger boards
▪Displaying nodes on screen
▪Border around game board
▪Complete transition to Text( from custom font
▪New selection cursor
▪11x11+12x12 and 13x13+14x14 packs
▪Proper positioning of statistics
▪Update Flow Pack Creator for larger boards

Tasks to be completed:
▪Flow drawing and erasing of flows
▪End of level menu
▪Document differences between CE and CSE BASIC

We were going to use rounded nodes in CE-FLOW, but we have on square nodes because they will contribute to a more consistent theme and will be easily visible for the smaller boards. CE-FLOW can support levels with up to 20 different colors. I also switched from using the -/+ notation for complete/perfect on the level select screen to color-coding the numbers.

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment and/or criticism:
jonbush wrote:
We have once again been working on CE-FLOW (TI-FLOW CE?). Here is a quick update on our progress:

Tasks completed:
▪Start CE-FLOW thread on Cemetech
▪Square drawing and dithering (half-shading)
▪Level select string
▪Board Scaling
▪Cutoff circle dithering
▪Expanded compression string for larger boards
▪Displaying nodes on screen

Tasks to be completed:
▪Flow drawing and erasing of flows
▪End of level menu
▪11x11+12x12 and 13x13+14x14 packs
▪Complete transition to Text( from custom font

We were going to use rounded nodes in CE-FLOW, but we have on square nodes because they will contribute to a more consistent theme and will be easily visible for the smaller boards. CE-FLOW can support levels with up to 20 different colors. I also switched from using the -/+ notation for complete/perfect on the level select screen to color-coding the numbers.

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment and/or criticism:


Looking awesome, can't wait! Smile
Awesome to see progress! Can't wait to see the final result! Very Happy
Bump.

I've certainly been waiting too long, where's development on this?
JWinslow23 wrote:
Bump.

I've certainly been waiting too long, where's development on this?


Good news: CE-FLOW is still in development. We have the game working now, but we just need to polish up the graphics and do a few more optimization passes. Hopefully it will be ready in a week or so. See the updated to do list above.
That is good news! I await the release! Very Happy
Glad to hear it, jonbush! I know you've been working very hard being an ambassador for TI-BASIC Developer, organizing Cemetech's contests, and doing your regularly scheduled life stuff, so I'm glad to hear that you found a place to fit some CE-FLOW development in. I can't wait to see the results.
jonbush wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:
Bump.

I've certainly been waiting too long, where's development on this?


Good news: CE-FLOW is still in development. We have the game working now, but we just need to polish up the graphics and do a few more optimization passes. Hopefully it will be ready in a week or so. See the updated to do list above.


I should really refrain from providing predicted completion dates. It is working, but we still have a few graphical changes to work out. CE-FLOW will hopefully be completed in the near future.
The diagonal dithering was too slow, so we switched to dithering with horizontal lines which is about twice as fast. This has introduced several complications which will hopefully be taken care of soon. Additionally, we made TI-FLOW and all of the TI-FLOW packs compatible with the 83+; however CE-FLOW packs will not be compatible with TI-FLOW.

It looks like this now:
BUMP hows it doing?
BUMP until we get tired of bumps
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement