Hello:
Here's an idea Kerm. How about a TI84 CE book on assembly language programming. I have your book on Programming the TI83/84+ but the section on assembly needs more examples and code to try.

On a related note a programming book for the HP Prime would be nice. I am thinking on getting a Prime and am currently using the HP Prime emulator/simulator from HP to learn the calculator.

Could there possibly be a way to write assembly code on the HP Prime?

Thanks.
-magicecho
Hey magicecho! Smile I like your idea about a new programming book (I could really use an assembly instruction book) but you can't really just crank out a whole book in no time especially when you're Kerm who has a lot of stuff going on. I'm sure though that in due course something will come out! Again, not to kiil your enthusiasm, I guess I'm just trying to be realistic Smile
I must apologize for neglecting this topic for so long; work and life have been rather hectic indeed. I am always in favor of more assembly programming resources, but with how limited my time is at this point in my life, the biggest problem is triaging the projects that will have the biggest impact (both for others and for me, frankly). Unfortunately, ASM programming resources just don't have enough impact to make the thousands of hours that writing and editing a book takes worthwhile at this point. I hope to continue contributing to our updated ASM in 28 Days project, which I hope can help you, but as Botboy said, I have a lot going on and books take a huuuuuge amount of time and effort.

For the Prime: you could indeed write assembly programs for the HP Prime using an ARM assembler, but you'd be much better off writing C programs in terms of your time investment.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours