- TI-BASIC Connect Four AI Challenge
- 15 Nov 2015 12:08:36 am
- Last edited by jonbush on 27 Mar 2016 08:30:37 pm; edited 6 times in total
earthnite and I have created a challenge to see who can develop the best Connect Four AI for the TI-84+, using only TI-BASIC. The challenge is hosted at my website http://jonbush.net/jonboinc.org/connect-four. This challenge differs from other similar challenges in that each AI submission is a separate program that competes against all other submissions through an interface program. All match results are visible through a continuously updated leaderboard system. More detailed information and a complete list of rules are available on the website.
11/16/2015: Submission opens
11/18/2015: Trial rounds begin, leaderboard updated regularly
12/05/2015 (11:59:59pm ET): Final submission deadline
12/06/2015: Final Results posted
The AI must:
▪ be under 2000 bytes
▪ consist of three or fewer separate programs
▪ be able to be started by running one of the programs
▪ not receive any user input during the game
▪ adhere to rules concerning the use of certain variables
▪ complete each move in one minute or less
Here is a demo of the interface with two random players.
EDIT: earthnite also has an aesthetically pleasing GUI, but we are going to keep this one with the challenge package because it is compatible with color calculators as well.