What are your feelings on an "eZ80 Heaven"?
Awesome idea, but it wouldn't be helpful for me
 15%  [ 3 ]
I would use this, but don't want to/can't help create it
 65%  [ 13 ]
I'd love to help!
 20%  [ 4 ]
It's a rip-off of Z80 Heaven and/or isn't Z80 Heaven relevant enough for the eZ80 processor?
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 20

Frustrated by the lack of easily accessible eZ80 documentation (the manual is terribly unpractical for everyday reference) I have spent the last week getting eZ80 Heaven up and running. Right now it is barely functional and only has the bit-shifts is place. (Yes I totally ripped off Z80 Heaven, and if WikiGuru, Baorder54 and TheCow get annoyed at me I'll change the name.) Let me know what you think of the idea, if you'd like to help just say so! (It's Github-hosted so if you know anything about HTML, Markdown, reading processor manuals, or making stuff easier to understand for others your help would be much appreciated.) For now I'll be doing a few instructions a night, maybe more or less depending on the homework load.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS
You can find what has been completed so far over here: http://hactarce.github.io/ez80-heaven/
If you find spelling errors or wrong links, you can file an issue/bug report/whatever it is on Github. If you find a missing link, that is probably because the site isn't finished yet, and not every page exists.

So yeah, let me know what you think! I would love to hear from you all!
Looks great! I won't use it much, as I don't have a CE, but I'm sure it'll be a help to new z80 asm coders. I know z80 heaven helped me with my assembly programming. Good job and keep up the great work!
Creating more documentation is never a bad thing.
I must admit that I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I'm selfish, and want every ez80 resource to be a part of Cemetech. Therefore, if you're willing to have us host it here once you perfect it, I'd certainly be more than willing to discuss it. On the other hand, more (correct) documentation is never a bad thing, so kudos for taking the initiative in creating this resource. Although ez80 assembly is indeed like z80 assembly with some notable exceptions, I see the value in a dedicated resource. Do you know if the authors of the original z80 Heaven are still available? I'd love to see their work integrated with yours, so that you could see information about z80 and ez80 instructions and techniques together in one assembly resource.
Out of curiosity, why do you say that the manual is "terribly unpractical for everyday reference?" I've used it for exactly that and I was fairly happy with it. As long as you're viewing it with a pdf viewer that can display a list of a document's bookmarks, you can get around and find what you're looking for very quickly.
KermMartian wrote:
I must admit that I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I'm selfish, and want every ez80 resource to be a part of Cemetech. Therefore, if you're willing to have us host it here once you perfect it, I'd certainly be more than willing to discuss it. On the other hand, more (correct) documentation is never a bad thing, so kudos for taking the initiative in creating this resource. Although ez80 assembly is indeed like z80 assembly with some notable exceptions, I see the value in a dedicated resource. Do you know if the authors of the original z80 Heaven are still available? I'd love to see their work integrated with yours, so that you could see information about z80 and ez80 instructions and techniques together in one assembly resource.

If you want it on Cemetech, I would 100% okay with that. If the folks who make z80 Heaven want it to be a part of their site, I'm totally okay with that. It would probably be better to figure this out earlier on though, so that the site can be developed with this in mind. Perhaps z80 Heaven could have footnotes or something for instructions like "eZ80-only" or "XYZ does some other thing on an eZ80."

As far as hosting on Cemetech, what format should the pages be in? Right now I am using Jekyll (like pretty much all Github-powered websites) which follows the following format:

Code:
---
layout: page
title: ADD
permalink: /instruction-set/add.html
---

<table>
   <thead><tr>
      <th>ADD M,N</th>
      <th>Add</th>
   </tr></thead>
   <tbody>
      <tr>
      <td>Description</td>
      <td>Insert description here</code></td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>Uses</td>
      <td>Insert uses here</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td>Allowed Instructions</td>
      <td><table>
         <tr>
            <th>Instruction</th>
            <th>Opcode</th>
            <th>CC (ADL/non-ADL)</th>
            <th>CC (.S)</th>
            <th>CC (.L)</th>
         </tr>
         <tr><td><code>add a,a</code></td>      <td><code>$87</code></td>         <td>1</td><td>X</td><td>X</td></tr>
         <tr><td><code>add a,b</code></td>      <td><code>$80</code></td>         <td>1</td><td>X</td><td>X</td></tr>
         <tr><td><code>add a,c</code></td>      <td><code>$81</code></td>         <td>1</td><td>X</td><td>X</td></tr>
         <tr><td><code>etc</code></td>      <td><code>$81</code></td>         <td>X</td><td>X</td><td>X</td></tr>
      </table></td>
      <tr>
      <td>See Also</td>
      <td><a href="{{ site.baseurl }}/instruction-set/adc.html">ADC</a>, <a href="{{ site.baseurl }}/instruction-set/sbc.html">SBC</a>, <a href="{{ site.baseurl }}/instruction-set/sub.html">SUB</a></td>
      </tr>
      </tr>
   </tbody>
</table>
Is that Liquid, Textile, or something else? It looks easy enough to convert to "pure" HTML, although depending on whether we also get data we're trying to get from another source, we might want to use MediaWiki's markup (into which that HTML can be easily converted as well). In other words, don't worry too much about the formatting, because we're good at turning one kind of code into another kind of code. Have you succeeded in (or attempted) getting in touch with the people currently running z80 Heaven?
KermMartian wrote:
Have you succeeded in (or attempted) getting in touch with the people currently running z80 Heaven?

I just sent a private message to WikiGuru, Baorder54 and The Cow. I'll post here if/when they respond.
Thanks for reaching out to them, Hactar. I hope they have a positive response to the idea. Smile
I wanted to get into this and am trying to download all the correct files suggested, but am having trouble downloading the 84PCE:OS:Include File... excuse my ignorance, but all I see is a bunch of code. How do I download this?
copy it into a .inc file (txt at first, change the extension by renaming the file)
SM84CE wrote:
copy it into a .inc file (txt at first, change the extension by renaming the file)

so just copy and past into a .inc file? how do I do that... again, really sorry I'm new to this all
click at the first/start of the file, scroll down to the bottom, SHIFT+CLICK on the bottom, then proceed as normal.
You should really read these tutorials instead; they will be more helpful for you:

https://github.com/CE-Programming/documentation

Hope this helps, and happy coding!

(ez80 heaven is rather dated now.)
SM84CE wrote:
click at the first/start of the file, scroll down to the bottom, SHIFT+CLICK on the bottom, then proceed as normal.

that copies it... how do I put it into a file?
Jcsq6 wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

that copies it... how do I put it into a file?

Well by pasting it of course. You know what copy and paste is right? :V
Open notepad, paste the code you copied with either [right click]->[paste] or Ctrl+V, and then save the text file in your development folder. Make sure to save the file as "ti84ce.inc" or whatever Wink
How do you use fasmg to compile ez80 code? The https://github.com/CE-Programming/documentation is giving me an error.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours