I am trying to create a menu, just a template, that allows you to select options and view the selected option based on its color. I have not put in lines with Goto's to follow selection, right now I'm just trying to work out the menu. So far I think it should be working, but the menu just wont operate correctly. The selected option wont move past 'Option 2', except when you press up, it flickers onto option 6 and then back to 2. I have tried reviewing the code to work out kinks, But I just don't know enough basic to do this myself. Please help! Here is the code(I imported it into sourcecoder so if there are errors im sorry), and a screenshot:

Code:
DelVar ADelVar BDelVar CDelVar DDelVar EDelVar F
DelVar {Y1}DelVar {Y2}DelVar {Y3}DelVar {Y4}DelVar {Y5}DelVar {Y6}DelVar {Y7}DelVar {Y8}DelVar {Y9}DelVar {Y0}
AxesOff
BackgroundOff
ClrDraw
ZStandard
1->B:0->K
getKey->K
While K!=45
   getKey->K
If K=34 and B=6:Then:0->K:1->B:End
If K=25 and B=1:Then:0->K:6->B:End
If K=34 and B<6:Then:0->K:B+1->B:End
If K=25 and B>1:Then:0->K:B-1->B:End
If B=1:Then:1->A:2->B:2->B:2->D:2->E:2->F:End
If B=2:Then:2->A:1->B:2->C:2->D:2->E:2->F:End
If B=3:Then:2->A:2->B:1->C:2->D:2->E:2->F:End
If B=4:Then:2->A:2->B:2->C:1->D:2->E:2->F:End
If B=5:Then:2->A:2->B:2->C:2->D:1->E:2->F:End
If B=6:Then:2->A:2->B:2->C:2->D:2->E:1->F:End
   If A=1:TextColor(Red
   If A=2:TextColor(Blue
   Text(~1,10,10,"Option 1
   If B=1:TextColor(Red
   If B=2:TextColor(Blue
   Text(~1,30,10,"Option 2
   If C=1:TextColor(Red
   If C=2:TextColor(Blue
   Text(~1,50,10,"Option 3
   If D=1:TextColor(Red
   If D=2:TextColor(Blue
   Text(~1,70,10,"Option 4
   If E=1:TextColor(Red
   If E=2:TextColor(Blue
   Text(~1,90,10,"Option 5
   If F=1:TextColor(Red
   If F=2:TextColor(Blue
   Text(~1,110,10,"Option 6
End

This should work:

Code:
"OPTION 1  OPTION 2  OPTION 3  OPTION 4  OPTION 5  OPTION 6  "->Str1
1->B
Repeat Ans=45
    max(1,min(6,B+sum(DeltaList(Ans={25,34->B
    For(A,1,6
        TextColor(10+(A=B
        Text(~1,20A-10,10,sub(Str1,10A-9,10
    End
    Repeat Ans
        getKey
    End
End
Also:

Code:
DelVar {Y1}DelVar {Y2}DelVar {Y3}DelVar {Y4}DelVar {Y5}DelVar {Y6}DelVar {Y7}DelVar {Y8}DelVar {Y9}DelVar {Y0}

can be

Code:
FnOff

This just makes the graph not draw any of the functions until you turn it back on again with FnOn . It also makes it more user friendly in case the user is trying to save those functions for later.
jonbush wrote:
This should work:

Code:
"OPTION 1  OPTION 2  OPTION 3  OPTION 4  OPTION 5  OPTION 6  "->Str1
1->B
Repeat Ans=45
    max(1,min(6,S+sum(DeltaList(Ans={25,34->B
    For(A,1,6
        TextColor(10+(A=B
        Text(~1,20A-10,10,sub(Str1,10A-9,10
    End
    Repeat Ans
        getKey
    End
End

Well, I don't understand parts of your code, and when I run the program, pressing the up and down arrows don't change anything. Do I have to put that in at the

Code:
    Repeat Ans
        getKey
        -put code here-
    End

Section?
Caleb_Hill wrote:
jonbush wrote:
Code:
Repeat Ans
    getKey
End

Nope, this code section just waits for a keypress.
After you pressed one, it returns to the begin of the loop, where it updates the selected option.
The code seems alright, however, the S in the longest line seems out of place, it seems like it should be a 1? you might want to try that, however, I didn't test the code to see if it works as it should.
mr womp womp wrote:
The code seems alright, however, the S in the longest line seems out of place, it seems like it should be a 1? you might want to try that, however, I didn't test the code to see if it works as it should.
You're right, it should be B, not S or 1.
PT_ wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

yep. that works. I suppose that when making links for the different options, I should add a list of If / Then commands, but I don't know what variable they should be testing for (:If K=1:Goto A1 :If K=2:Goto A2, etc.), and if I need to add anything to the to to make it work.
PT_ wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

YESSSS I didn't have time to check exactly what happened to the variables, but on the bus ride back home I had a closer look and noticed that 1 was wrong and that it should be B, I was gonna edit it haha
Caleb_Hill wrote:
PT_ wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

yep. that works. I suppose that when making links for the different options, I should add a list of If / Then commands, but I don't know what variable they should be testing for (:If K=1:Goto A1 :If K=2:Goto A2, etc.), and if I need to add anything to the to to make it work.

The variable you will want to check for is B, first option B=1, second option B=2 and so on Smile
thank you guys so much
i need to learn how to BASIC like you peoples can.
'Bruh can you even BASIC' -User
PT_ wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

Sorry about that! I made it separately, and then changed it to match the variables you were using. I guess I missed one.

Caleb_Hill wrote:

You should test for the value of B; and you should only use If statements, not If/Then because of potential memory leaks.
jonbush wrote:

Caleb_Hill wrote:

You should test for the value of B; and you should only use If statements, not If/Then because of potential memory leaks.

Yeah, I only said If / Then to clarify. I will just do something like

Code:
If B=1:Goto A1
If B=2:Goto A2
etc.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours