So I was thinking to buy an 84 Plus alongside my 84 Plus CE, so I look on ebay, and I find 84 Plus SEs that are cheaper then the 84 Plus. So I'm wondering two things:

1) Will 84 Plus programs (asm, flash, basic) will work on the 84 Plus SE
2) What are the hardware/storage differences of the SE

Thanks Smile
The only difference I know of is that the storage is about 3mb on the SE while it's 500kb on the 84+.
Eightx84 wrote:
The only difference I know of is that the storage is about 3mb on the SE while it's 500kb on the 84+.
Please don't respond if you don't know the answer.

1) Yes, TI-84 Plus ASM and TI-BASIC programs and Apps are identical to TI-84 Plus Silver Edition programs and Apps. In fact, most ASM and TI-BASIC programs and Apps work across the TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus, and TI-84 Plus Silver Edition.
2) Both the TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus Silver Edition have about 23KB of available user RAM. Both have 6Mhz/15MHz processors. The TI-84 Plus has 1MB of Flash, and the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition has 2MB of Flash. There is no other difference (other than the interchangeable faceplates on the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition).
KermMartian wrote:
Eightx84 wrote:
Please don't respond if you don't know the answer.

1) Yes, TI-84 Plus ASM and TI-BASIC programs and Apps are identical to TI-84 Plus Silver Edition programs and Apps. In fact, most ASM and TI-BASIC programs and Apps work across the TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus, and TI-84 Plus Silver Edition.
2) Both the TI-84 Plus and TI-84 Plus Silver Edition have about 23KB of available user RAM. Both have 6Mhz/15MHz processors. The TI-84 Plus has 1MB of Flash, and the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition has 2MB of Flash. There is no other difference (other than the interchangeable faceplates on the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition).

Thanks for pointing the differences! Now looking more into buying the 84 Plus SE! Thanks for the help Smile
Any time! Don't forget to stop by once you have one to get a shell and all the programs and games that you need for it. Wink

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours