Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.

Should this poll be editable?
Yes
 25%  [ 3 ]
No
 58%  [ 7 ]
I don't care
 16%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 12

The polls should be editable after they are made/posted. It can sometimes get annoying when you realize that you should have added a certain choice and/or removed a certain choice. Is it possible to add this update the Cemetech?
Admins can edit polls, but we don't want normal users to be able to change the content of a poll after its been voted in. This could, for example, be used to reverse the outcome of a poll.
To further clarify: IIRC polls are editable if there are no responses. Permitting edits once there are any responses logically invalidates the results, which should not be an automatic process.
There should be an option for voters to submit a free response to add to the list of choices. Deleting choices shouldn't be allowed, with the exceptions of the voter backtracking his/her own free response and the authorities removing offensive/spammy responses.
ReGuess wrote:
There should be an option for voters to submit a free response to add to the list of choices. Deleting choices shouldn't be allowed, with the exceptions of the voter backtracking his/her own free response and the authorities removing offensive/spammy responses.

but the some people who have already voted on something might find that the new option is what they would prefer to vote for, but they weren't given the choice when they first voted... therefore skewing the results.
mr womp womp wrote:
ReGuess wrote:
There should be an option for voters to submit a free response to add to the list of choices. Deleting choices shouldn't be allowed, with the exceptions of the voter backtracking his/her own free response and the authorities removing offensive/spammy responses.

but the some people who have already voted on something might find that the new option is what they would prefer to vote for, but they weren't given the choice when they first voted... therefore skewing the results.


Additionally: ability to undo a vote. I somewhat implied that when I said "backtracking"
Why are the admins allowed to edit poll entries after votes have been received?
That's something that the creators of phpBB likely implemented. I am not aware of a time when an admin on Cemetech has edited a poll, other than myself on this poll to test Tari's response.

Editing polls is not a feature that will be coming to Cemetech any time soon. Even though Google Forms allows the editing of the poll/form, I don't think it is wise per elfprinces' post.

Tari wrote:
To further clarify: IIRC polls are editable if there are no responses. Permitting edits once there are any responses logically invalidates the results, which should not be an automatic process.


I was able to add an option to the poll and subsequently deleted it.
After reading all of this, I think that I might have wanted to say "The person who created the poll should be able to edit it."
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement