Do you prefer a fast rendering algorithm without symbols, or a slow one with symbols?
Fast without symbols
 55%  [ 11 ]
Slow with symbols
 45%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 20

Do you think you will be able to make a PC converter to convert the calc .8xv (?) file to a .docx file? That way you could veiw what you typed on calc in MSWord and vice versa Wink
c4ooo wrote:
Do you think you will be able to make a PC converter to convert the calc .8xv (?) file to a .docx file? That way you could veiw what you typed on calc in MSWord and vice versa Wink

That sounds like a good idea, although I've actually no idea how .docx documents are stored, so it would be hard. Maybe this could help to convert to .8xv, but I've no idea how else.
I believe that Microsoft word files r stored as some form of program or something, not regular text, if that helps. I probably have that a little wrong though.
Unicorn wrote:
I believe that Microsoft word files r stored as some form of program or something, not regular text, if that helps. I probably have that a little wrong though.
.docx files are Microsoft Office Open XML files, and thus embed an XML-like description of the document. You'd probably have a much easier time just getting people to export .rtf (Rich Text Format) files and parsing the much simpler format used for those files.
I'm currently stuck at the displaying speed of the whole document. Although I made it lot faster, when I delete a character, it must redisp it all...
Does anyone know how to speed it up, or even make an ASM-program of this (you never know Razz)?

Code:
For(A,2,theta
      A:det(0
      If Str9!="..NULLSTR
      Then
         If fPart(A/2
         Then
            1->Z
            Repeat Z>length(Str9
               min({14,length(Str9)+1-Z,14-remainder(X,14->Y
               48+8remainder(X,14)-48real(8,0->P
               35+10int(X/28->Q
               sub(Str9,Z,Y->Str8
               real(6,0,P,Q,C,0
               If B
               real(6,0,P+1,Q,C,0
               sub(Str8,1,1)="[xhat]->R
               If Ans
               Then
                  real(7,9,P,Q,8+B,8,255,0
                  real(4,0,P+1,Q,1,1,0,0,255,0,0,40
               End
               If U
               real(7,5,P+8R,Q+8,P+8Y,Q+8,C,0
               If I
               Then
                  For(E,8Y,1,~1
                     For(F,0,4
                        real(7,3,P+E,Q-1+F,real(7,1,P-1+E,Q-1+F),1
                     End
                  End
                  real(7,5,P+1,Q,P+1,Q+3,255,0
               End
               If S
               real(7,5,P+8R,Q+3,P+8Y,Q+3,C,0
               Z+Y->Z
               X+Y->X
               Y+L1(K->L1(K
               If 27<L1(K
               Then
                  K+1->K
                  0->L1(K
               End
               If not(remainder(X,14
               real(9
            End
            Else
            If inString(Str9,"B
            not(B->B
            If inString(Str9,"I
            not(I->I
            If inString(Str9,"U
            not(U->U
            If inString(Str9,"S
            not(S->S
            If inString(Str9,"G
            Then
If 13<remainder(X,28
               real(9
               sum(seq(sub(Str9,X,1)="G",X,1,length(Str9
               For(F,1,Ans
                  28+28int(X/28->X
                  K+1->K
0->L1(K
               End
            End
            inString(Str9,"<COLOR=
            If Ans
            expr(sub(Str9,Ans+7,~7-Ans+inString(Str9,">->C
         End
      End
   End
I'm thinking about moving this project to the CE. This is because I now have a CE, and that calc is much faster. Secondly, I wanna add ASM stuff in it, and because the CE screen is memory mapped, I could practice my ASM skills. Once DoorsCE comes out, I will use that.
What do you think about it?
Sounds good, although make sure it is still available for both platforms! Wink
Since it's too easy to load new fonts using PixelFontEditor, I maybe can add more fonts in the program Smile
Mateo: did you set the Standard.pf as your standard font or made you one yourself?
Unicorn wrote:
Sounds good, although make sure it is still available for both platforms! Wink

I will keep the one for the CSE, although I don't know when I want to (and have time to) finish.

Here's a first impression of DocEdit CE, made with the C SDK made by Mateo Smile

Now I have to load the contents from an appvar, and display it on the screen Very Happy

EDIT: I know how to load the contents of an appvar, now I only need to find a way to display the numbers (yes, it are numbers Sad) as the TI-BASIC tokens

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours