I started creating a new game in Hybrid Basic, this time it is BallMaze Lite
That is a funny game where you must direct a ball to the finish, while many block are on the way. In the hard cases, you can switch that blocks too. But whatever I'm speaking, here's my first screenshot, result of a whole Saturday work Smile

What I've done:
- Playing
- Selecting levels
- Getting starts if you finish a level

What I need to do
- Blocks in different colors + switching
- Adding more levels (only 260 in total)
- And probably more....

At the screen where all the levels are, there are many squares, all filled without the last one. Green meens the perfect amount of minimum moves, then yellow, orange and red.
As you may see, you can only play the levels you've already done + the next one.
For myself, I do really like the graphics and *animations*. What do you think?
This is totally cool!
Really spiffy work!
A great start!
Look at that color!
Wow much strategy!
This looks like a fun project, PT_; I just want to make sure you finished off Flow Free and your color text editor first so you don't have too many 95% completed projects underway. What inspired you to port this particular game? I notice that you use a line to clear the menu before displaying the game board: is that an intentional stylistic animation choice? If not, a white rectangle would clear the area much more quickly. I also think I spotted "PERFECT" even if you get 3 stars, which I assume is unintentional. Finally, a 5-star rating (rather than a 4-star rating) is generally considered perfect in America, and probably elsewhere.
KermMartian wrote:
This looks like a fun project, PT_; I just want to make sure you finished off Flow Free and your color text editor first so you don't have too many 95% completed projects underway.
Sure, I know, but my problem is, is waiting for other people they get finished something. For ColorNote I am waiting for Michael2_3b, who should first release his BasicNote and for my Flow Free, I'm waiting for jonbush and earthnite to port their levels to me.
KermMartian wrote:
What inspired you to port this particular game?
To be fair: I didn't have any game on my mobile phone, so I was looking in the Play Store, and then I saw this game, and it looks nice, so...
KermMartian wrote:
I notice that you use a line to clear the menu before displaying the game board: is that an intentional stylistic animation choice? If not, a white rectangle would clear the area much more quickly.
I know, this is an animation. I prefer this above a totally white rectangle, which is indeed easier.
KermMartian wrote:
I also think I spotted "PERFECT" even if you get 3 stars, which I assume is unintentional.
You're right, I need to change it to
4 - PERFECT
3 - GREAT
2 - GOOD
1 - NICE
KermMartian wrote:
Finally, a 5-star rating (rather than a 4-star rating) is generally considered perfect in America, and probably elsewhere.
Oh, I didn't know that, but I doubt whether I should change it, because the original gameplay do have 4 stars.
Wow, yet another great game to get put on my calc, hopefully. Great Job, PT_!
Would different color blocks do different things?
Unicorn wrote:
Wow, yet another great game to get put on my calc, hopefully. Great Job, PT_!
Would different color blocks do different things?
Yes, kind of. In the map you have different color blocks. The game is so made, that only ONE color will block the ball, the other colors are 'inactivate' and let the ball trough. If you switch the 'active' color to another, other blocks 'appears' and then you get a totally different map, that is the fun and hard part of the game (see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S6Z5QUhJmA after 15 seconds).
Interesting... That should complicate levels Smile
In any case, I'm excited to see how this turns out!
This is what I got so far. What do you think about it?
Looks nice! One suggestion would be to remove the pointy ends on the sides of the ball.
[UPDATE]

I've implemented two features:
[X] Switch colors only if you're not on that color block
[X] The possibility to start at a (not selected) color block
[ ] Add more levels
[ ] Other sizes, 4x4, 7x7, 8x8 and 10x10

@Ivoah: that pointy circle stuff is hard to solve, while Doors draw it, and when I wanna erase them, it erases sometimes the color block too. I will need to take a look at that.

I guess I'm near the finish; as fas as I know, I've all done what I needed. I only need to implement all the levels, and since I've holiday, I hope this will take not much time.

Is probably a timer an extra option?

EDIT: an example of a 4x4 field:
Looking nice! It's amazing how quickly you're cranking out all of these great ports. Hopefully with the release of DCE 9 they'll be able to run on the CE also.
It looks like you might want to just reduce the diameter of the ball by one pixel to me, as it erasing a few pixels of the edge of the box looks pretty messy to me.
KermMartian wrote:
It looks like you might want to just reduce the diameter of the ball by one pixel to me, as it erasing a few pixels of the edge of the box looks pretty messy to me.

Thanks, I changed it. I'm now so far that I'm going to port all the 240 levels. My current progress:
80/240=33.3%
I will try to finish this as fast as possible, and going on with my other projects.
If anyone has suggestions/comments/features whatever, tell me; for a screenshot, you can find it some posts ago.
Download BallMaze Lite ยป

I'm very happy to say that I'm ready with this game.
This game includes
- 240 levels, 4x4, 8x8, 9x9 and 10x10
- 4 stars each level
- 6 level packs, each with 40 levels

The included programs:
- Main program, 2906 bytes
- Appvar with level data in Archives, 18115 bytes
- Appvar with progress, 255 bytes

I only need to make a Readme, after that I will upload it to the Archives. Any comments/suggestions? I can change it now.
Here is what I got so far:

Thanks goes to Alexander Oprisnik, the original creator of the Android game, who was willing me to give all his levels. Without him, it took even more days to finish it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours