Is it going to be released? I would love to have it on my ti 84 ce! Thanks KermMartian for the programs and games you made! They're fun!
TimmyTurner62 wrote:
Is it going to be released? I would love to have it on my ti 84 ce! Thanks KermMartian for the programs and games you made! They're fun!

Sadly... I don't think so. For obvious reasons
Do you people even read?
KermMartian wrote:
De2290 wrote:
Okay, just a heads up for everybody. Doors CE is never going to be released.
Not in the form it was in for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. Otherwise your statement is false.

So something is happening, I just don't know what
I'm just wondering, ...
Whe is Doors CE coming out !!!!!!!!!!
BushBush Saur wrote:
I'm just wondering, ...

I don't want to sound like a jerk, but there's a reason the whole thread has a [Paused] in front of the title. Kerm's development of it is... paused. Ultimately, we have no idea when (or if...) Doors CE9 is coming out. Asking when it's coming out with 10 exclamation points won't make him release it faster. And it makes people look at you weird. Instead, try reading through the rest of the thread where, over and over again, people have asked when it's coming out only to be given this same spiel, when they could have just spent 5 minutes reading.
BushBush Saur wrote:
I'm just wondering, ...

It's going to come out the day it comes out.
BushBush Saur wrote:
I'm just wondering, ...

Tonight.
ReleaseTime+=One_Week

Oh dear...
It will come out when it comes out. It may be 2030.
Maybe any screenshots of the progress would really help so that we know what it will be like...
MateoConLechuga wrote:
BushBush Saur wrote:
I'm just wondering, ...

I think you're lying.

Laughing

Timmy, Doors 9 will look just like Doors 8.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
BushBush Saur wrote:
I'm just wondering, ...

I think you're lying.

0x5

Timmy, Doors 9 will look just like Doors 8.

I know it ill look like that, but I mean screenshots of bug fixes or something of that matter
Think about the last time you saw KermM post in this thread. And look there's even a [Paused] tag. I think that means its on hold right now.
In the first page of this thread (or somewhere in the beginning) is a sneak peak at it. Go look at that if you need eye candy.
If he posted the code on github, we could test it or contribute so it can be finished faster. There are lots of people out there who have the skills to help with this kind of thing. It’s a massive undertaking for just one person. Open-sourcing this project can increase the speed at which it gets done and lead to further development.
pie0505 wrote:
If he posted the code on github, we could test it or contribute so it can be finished faster. There are lots of people out there who have the skills to help with this kind of thing. It’s a massive undertaking for just one person. Open-sourcing this project can increase the speed at which it gets done and lead to further development.

You should try mailing or pming Kerm about that. It’s a good idea, but he told me he had to do something (I don’t remember what) with it first. I think had something to do with an app or something. Tbh I don’t remember exactly
Nothing has changed from the previous iterations of this discussion. There's Cesium, and technically, there could (should, IMO) be a release of DCE 9 based on - and possibly further improving - the shared community framework.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Nothing has changed from the previous iterations of this discussion. There's Cesium, and technically, there could (should, IMO) be a release of DCE 9 based on - and possibly further improving - the shared community framework.

Well either way, I just wish it would be released...
I just want it because, with me, I just love it’s gui and smooth graphics, and more of its features (even if they don't actually work yet). I also want a public release so we all could work on it together with keen, and make improvements. And hopefully soon then after, we could work on the usb libs and maybe even make things like calcnet possible on a CE...
Quote:
I just love it’s gui and smooth graphics

It's a matter of taste, I guess. Could you explain why you couldn't that with Cesium, by forking its GUI if necessary ?

Quote:
and more of its features (even if they don't actually work yet).

As stated multiple times earlier, and not only by myself, DCE will have little in the way of features that Cesium doesn't have...

Quote:
I also want a public release so we all could work on it together with keen, and make improvements

Er... what makes you think that cooperation would occur any more on DCE than it does on Cesium, which has been open source since the beginning, years ago ? Wink

Quote:
And hopefully soon then after, we could work on the usb libs and maybe even make things like calcnet possible on a CE...

Eh ? The work on the USB libs, mainly by jacobly, MateoC and commandblockguy is going just fine without DCE. DCE could and should use the shared community framework, that's all.
A USB version of CALCNet would be technically pretty different from the legacy I/O version, BTW. USB is fundamentally a host/device protocol, where devices can't just talk when they feel like doing so, let alone listen for a while before talking: they're scheduled by the host/hub.
Lionel Debroux wrote:
Quote:
I just love it’s gui and smooth graphics

It's a matter of taste, I guess. Could you explain why you couldn't that with Cesium, by forking its GUI if necessary ?

Quote:
and more of its features (even if they don't actually work yet).

As stated multiple times earlier, and not only by myself, DCE will have little in the way of features that Cesium doesn't have...

Quote:
I also want a public release so we all could work on it together with keen, and make improvements

Er... what makes you think that cooperation would occur any more on DCE than it does on Cesium, which has been open source since the beginning, years ago ? Wink

Quote:
And hopefully soon then after, we could work on the usb libs and maybe even make things like calcnet possible on a CE...

Eh ? The work on the USB libs, mainly by jacobly, MateoC and commandblockguy is going just fine without DCE. DCE could and should use the shared community framework, that's all.
A USB version of CALCNet would be technically pretty different from the legacy I/O version, BTW. USB is fundamentally a host/device protocol, where devices can't just talk when they feel like doing so, let alone listen for a while before talking: they're scheduled by the host/hub.

I understand everything you’re saying. I honestly LOVE cesium as well, because it also has many features any programmer/calculator owner needs. I like it because I can quickly scroll and jump to the program I need.
I also understand the usb libs are being worked on, and I’ve seen how well their progress is being made.
My main point is simply this: even though the CE shells we have now are perfect enough for everyday use, the idea of more shells, like doors CE, would be nice to have too. This way, if we *for some reason* don’t like any of the other shells (it could be because of anything), we could have more shells to choose from.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 26 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours