TI84plceBasicPro wrote:
Johniii wrote:
Hey!
Are there any Updates on Doors CE 9?
Would love to hear from you!

Yeah, I am super excited for doors ce 9 to come out!!! Very Happy
Will it allow me to play games for ti cse though? How will Doors CE 9 improve my experience on my calculator?

yep, if all goes well, programs written in hybrid-basic for the CSE (using the doorsCSE libs of course) will be directly compatible on the CE once DoorsCE is released. The only exception is a small minority of programs that do things you're not really meant to do with the screen and the drawing commands.
[quote="mr womp womp"][quote="TI84plceBasicPro"]
Johniii wrote:
Hey!
Are there any Updates on Doors CE 9?
Would love to hear from you!

Yeah!!! i know sorceryofuvutu has to have doors to run it! Cool Cool Cool.
ti83cse has all the programs... not exactly sure about differences, but keep up the good work!
I've been thinking about Doors 9... I'm wondering if it's a good thing it hasn't been released yet. If it was completed, I'm not sure we'd have the drive to make or implement new things. Such as all the new shells that are coming out, or possibly even ICE. I think if people wanted something, they'd just ask Kerm to put it into Doors rather than make the feature themselves. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for Doors, but that's my 2¢.

Also, let's not forget:
KermMartian wrote:
Unrelated: I should start playing by George R. R. Martin rules. Every time someone asks when Doors CE 9 will be released, I delay it by another week.
Wink
Any updates on the progress, Kerm?
PS I hope this isn't a poke! Smile
Legoman314 wrote:
Any updates on the progress, Kerm?
PS I hope this isn't a poke! Smile

KermMartian wrote:
Unrelated: I should start playing by George R. R. Martin rules. Every time someone asks when Doors CE 9 will be released, I delay it by another week.

EDIT: I asked Kerm whether or not asking for updates counted, and he said yes, so that is a poke.
Oops! Sad
It's wise not to post ANYTHING about asking on updates for Doors 9. For all people who are about to post doing exactly what I just told you not to do (and the other people who did):

WARNING: DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON ASKING FOR UPDATES ON DOORS CE 9. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. Kerm WILL DELAY IT A WEEK EVERY TIME SOMEONE ASKS FOR AN UPDATE/WHEN IT WILL BE RELEASED. Cesium is a perfectly fine shell to keep programs organized, archived, backuped, etc.

KermMartian wrote:
I have a question. You guys keep saying to try Cesium but when I do it it doesn't work. Are there any other alternatives? Confused
SharpClaw007 wrote:
I have a question. You guys keep saying to try Cesium but when I do it it doesn't work. Are there any other alternatives? Confused

What doesn't work?
You probably should have posted in the Cesium thread instead, SharpClaw007. However, it's not a big issue, and I'm not a moderator on this board anyway Smile

Quote:
Are there any other alternatives?

Nope, nothing remotely close to Cesium in terms of functionality was released, and given all that Cesium grew up to offering, DCE9 wouldn't be head and shoulders above it anymore Wink

A piece of general advice: whatever the software - or even hardware - is, "it doesn't work" usually makes for an unhelpful bug report Smile
As Mateo wrote, you should give more details about what you're trying to do (well, presumably installing or launching Cesium, but...) and how you're doing it, as well as some extra information such as the factory-date-hardware revision code next to the serial number, on the back of your calculator.
Cesium works for most users, so it's likely that there's something peculiar with your setup, which might (rarely) not even be under your control. TI fairly often does that on the Nspire series, introducing new hardware revisions which break compatibility.
I would like it to be released soon PLEASE! I have a TI 84 CE and I would like to have Door CE on it. Can you please release the version you have made so-far?
If my calculator glitches out I am prepared!
MinecraftPS4 wrote:
I would like it to be released soon PLEASE! I have a TI 84 CE and I would like to have Door CE on it. Can you please release the version you have made so-far?
If my calculator glitches out I am prepared!

TI84pceBasicPro wrote:
It's wise not to post ANYTHING about asking on updates for Doors 9. For all people who are about to post doing exactly what I just told you not to do (and the other people who did):

WARNING: DO NOT POST ANYTHING ON ASKING FOR UPDATES ON DOORS CE 9. THIS IS NOT A JOKE. Kerm WILL DELAY IT A WEEK EVERY TIME SOMEONE ASKS FOR AN UPDATE/WHEN IT WILL BE RELEASED. Cesium is a perfectly fine shell to keep programs organized, archived, backuped, etc.

KermMartian wrote:
Message is unavailable
Dude, did you even read the previous post? Or any of the thread? Doors isnt coming out soon. Give it a few years! Smile
Waaangyi wrote:
Anyone know when the download will be availble?

Have you not gotten the point? You should not ask for updates/downloads/releases.

KermMartian wrote:

AND Lots of people have already said not to. As TLM said above, because of all of these requests, Doors has probably been delayed by a year. (Maybe partly because of TLM's spam post Razz)
I'd like to point out that there would be no need for poking and asking if it came out last year, as it says on the Doors Webpage: →→→→ Confused[http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Main_Page]
SharpClaw007 wrote:
I'd like to point out that there would be no need for poking and asking if it came out last year, as it says on the Doors Webpage: →→→→ Confused[http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Main_Page]

Where? Rolling Eyes
KermMartian wrote:
Ivoah wrote:
Great work Kerm! What stage in the porting process are you at now?
I have just started stage 2, and I expect it to be fairly time-consuming. The fact that we don't yet have a community TI-84 Plus CE emulator, including debugging tools, is a significant barrier to moving fast with this.

Hey Kerm, CEmu came out just in time for you to finish the new version!!! Wink
coolcrab123 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ivoah wrote:
I have just started stage 2, and I expect it to be fairly time-consuming. The fact that we don't yet have a community TI-84 Plus CE emulator, including debugging tools, is a significant barrier to moving fast with this.

Oh my goodness.

First off, you just delayed the release of DCE by a week. Great.

Second off, CEmu has been released for over two years. The thread says the 30th of December, 2015.

Thirdly, the post itself comes off as rude.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
coolcrab123 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ivoah wrote:

Oh my goodness.

First off, you just delayed the release of DCE by a week. Great.

Second off, CEmu has been released for over two years. The thread says the 30th of December, 2015.

Thirdly, the post itself comes off as rude.

Stop taking things negatively and don't respond if you don't have anything positive to say, I didn't openly ask, but merely "poked" Kerm

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 21 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours