Is it possible to make some hook that would allow asm programs to be run in TI-BASIC programs without the "Asm("? And as PT_ and Caleb_J suggest/request, may we have a quick write-up of what's left to do/ what you want to do?

Thanks!
SM84CE wrote:
Is it possible to make some hook that would allow asm programs to be run in TI-BASIC programs without the "Asm("? And as PT_ and Caleb_J suggest/request, may we have a quick write-up of what's left to do/ what you want to do?

Thanks!

we already have that Razz
EDIT: check out https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/84pce/asm/shells/
SM84CE wrote:

Thanks!

OS 5.3 now allows users to run asm programs without the Asm( token.
Also archived programs without unarchiving them.
Bottom of page 1
OS 5.3 download link
PT_ wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Now that TI has finally released the latest OS updates that offer ASM programs without Asm() and running Archived programs (which was one of the things for which I was waiting to release Doors CE), I need to reevaluate what Doors CE needs to actually look like. There have not been too many updates on my end (largely because of this and other less great life events), but I'll keep you guys posted, as always.

Glad you will take the time to finish it. [...]
I think you may have misread my post slightly. Razz I still have somewhere between zero and very negative free time, but I continue to prioritize finding a way to work on Doors CE when I do get some free time.
KermMartian wrote:
I'm waiting for the stars to align so that I can share one of the reasons Doors CE has been so significantly delayed.
I suppose this is a poke but, are the stars still aligning? Smile

EDIT: My poke got me thinking, how many pokes are there asking when Doors will be released? I counted 42. Coincidence? I think not! Laughing
I know we can do "prgmICE" instead of "Asm(prgmICE" on the homescreen, but we can't do this in the program ediitor:

Code:
PROGRAM:TEST
:prgmICE
KermMartian wrote:
I think you may have misread my post slightly. Razz I still have somewhere between zero and very negative free time, but I continue to prioritize finding a way to work on Doors CE when I do get some free time.
Hey Kerm, on this topic, is CALCnet and gCn planned to be functional when DoorsCE is released? Will it have the same commands/functions, and overall protocol structure. Also, will it make use of the 24-bit architecture to send larger packets?

On a somewhat related, but also very much unrelated note... does jsTIfied support CALCnet/gCn, and does it do it properly? For instance, would a calculator emulated with jsTIfied using gCn have the same calc ID as the physical calculator from which the ROM image was created?
ACagliano wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Hey Kerm, on this topic, is CALCnet and gCn planned to be functional when DoorsCE is released? Will it have the same commands/functions, and overall protocol structure. Also, will it make use of the 24-bit architecture to send larger packets?

No.

ACagliano wrote:
On a somewhat related, but also very much unrelated note... does jsTIfied support CALCnet/gCn, and does it do it properly? For instance, would a calculator emulated with jsTIfied using gCn have the same calc ID as the physical calculator from which the ROM image was created?

No; it does not; sorry.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No.
Any estimates on when Calcnet will be functional? Not trying to rush anyone, just curious.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

ACagliano wrote:

No; it does not; sorry.
Feature request time Smile
ACagliano wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
ACagliano wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

No.
Any estimates on when Calcnet will be functional? Not trying to rush anyone, just curious.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

ACagliano wrote:

No; it does not; sorry.
Feature request time Smile

AFAIK, there are no plans to add support for Calcnet to the CEs, even after DoorsCE is released.
mr womp womp wrote:

AFAIK, there are no plans to add support for Calcnet to the CEs, even after DoorsCE is released.
?Aww bummer. I hope it does get added. Or if not, the code can be released for it, so someone can make a shell expansion.
ACagliano wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

?Aww bummer. I hope it does get added. Or if not, the code can be released for it, so someone can make a shell expansion.

The doors CS source code was released a while back, and I think it contained all the calcnet stuff.
Do you have a test version? I don't care about minor errors as long as they don't fully impair the shell.
I would like to help look for errors as well. Very Happy
We all want to test it, but Kerm (according to a few people who I shall not name) doesn't want us to test it for reasons, either trust or the fact that the shell is like Uranium-238: Slowly decaying into nothingness. (That was just thrown in just because, correct me!)

If Kerm would tell us the reasons, that would be nice.

I meant no harm; even though it may seem like this post was completely harmless. Sorry for offending anyone, if that's what I did.
This has been asked multiple times, but no there is no test version because the (public) test version isn't complete. Once Kerm has the time to finish his first release, that will be the test version. Wink
At least I think so : P
do you have a testing version available? I don't care about minor errors
pie wrote:
do you have a testing version available? I don't care about minor errors

Please see above post from TheLastMillennial, which I've copied here Smile

TheLastMillennial wrote:
This has been asked multiple times, but no there is no test version because the (public) test version isn't complete. Once Kerm has the time to finish his first release, that will be the test version. Wink
At least I think so : P

EDIT: There is a shell available for the TI-84+CE, called Cesium, which is quite good.
Hey!
Are there any Updates on Doors CE 9?
Would love to hear from you!
Johniii wrote:
Hey!
Are there any Updates on Doors CE 9?
Would love to hear from you!

Yeah, I am super excited for doors ce 9 to come out!!! Very Happy
Will it allow me to play games for ti cse though? How will Doors CE 9 improve my experience on my calculator?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 20 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours