KermMartian wrote:
If anyone's keeping score, Doors CE has successfully been running unarchived assembly programs. It ran the CHARMAP program I used to get the TI-84+CE's character set, and it ran Tetric A correctly (although Tetric A crashed on exit). Time permitting, I'll try to work on fixing bugs so that running nostub archived and RAM assembly programs functions this week.

Way to go Kerm! How's the support with unarchived/archived Basic games (or even text based games) yet? Will there also be backwards compatibility with Basic-DoorsCSE-required games on the 84 PCSE?

Keep going strong! Can't wait for DCE 9!
o355 wrote:
Way to go Kerm! How's the support with unarchived/archived Basic games (or even text based games) yet? Will there also be backwards compatibility with Basic-DoorsCSE-required games on the 84 PCSE?

You should probably read through this topic before you ask these questions, as atleast one of them get answered in a previous post(s). Smile
Caleb_Hill wrote:
o355 wrote:

You should probably read through this topic before you ask these questions, as atleast one of them get answered in a previous post(s). Smile

Find finds likely Celtic II backwards...but not like a clear answer (maybe Celtic III...). I like clear answers, I'm assuming a yes, but I don't know (all I did was in the topic review do find and be like nothing saying backwards compatibility! better post about it! clearly it's wednesday.)
o355 wrote:

Thanks for the much-needed encouragement! xLIBC and Celtic 2 CSE will both be supported, as long as xLIBC programs were written in half-resolution mode. Programs that abuse the full-resolution mode (and that's the vast minority) will not be supported because of differences in how the LCD works. Pure TI-BASIC programs already work correctly.
Its going to be such a blessing when all of those 'Doors CSE Only' Programs suddenly become available to me and other 84pce users.

I will finally have no reason to rage about Ti-calc.org only having 1 archive folder for both 84pce and pcse programs.

When I bought my ti 84 Plus CE, i instantly regretted it because of the lack of doors, when I could have gotten an 84 pcse (also because of the missing DBUS port). Of course, even if I had considered doors, I would have gotten the pce (lighter, newer, actually recognized by TI, and many more plus'), but now The one con for the 84pce is about to fade away.

Thanks so much for all of your work on this project.
some random guy wrote:
I cant wait for a release!

I second these thoughts!

Is there anything I can do to contribute to this project? Question Neutral
Caleb_Hill wrote:
Its going to be such a blessing when all of those 'Doors CSE Only' Programs suddenly become available to me and other 84pce users.

I will finally have no reason to rage about Ti-calc.org only having 1 archive folder for both 84pce and pcse programs.

When I bought my ti 84 Plus CE, i instantly regretted it because of the lack of doors, when I could have gotten an 84 pcse (also because of the missing DBUS port). Of course, even if I had considered doors, I would have gotten the pce (lighter, newer, actually recognized by TI, and many more plus'), but now The one con for the 84pce is about to fade away.

Thanks so much for all of your work on this project.
some random guy wrote:
I cant wait for a release!

I second these thoughts!

Is there anything I can do to contribute to this project? Question Neutral

I had the exact same thought when going to buy my graphing calculator, I was like "Hmm, 84 Plus CE which probably doesn't gave games, or the 84 Plus which isn't backlit, but has games..."

Of course I picked the 84 PCE. It's nuts how far the 84 PCE has gotten in development of utilities/games since day one, and hopefully with the introduction of Doors CE, everyone from the 84 PCSE can move to the PCE (since it's faster, more opportunity to make sweet utilities out of the faster performance), and have all that wonderful backwards compatibility with 90% of Doors CSE-required basic games.
*Double posting, what a tragedy! The world will end!*

Progress update? I'm wondering what stage DCE is in so hopefully a release time can be grasped (indev, alpha, beta), and if there will be beta testing with 84+CE Cemetech users.
o355 wrote:
*Double posting, what a tragedy! The world will end!*
It had been three days, so you were within the rules. Smile

Quote:
Progress update? I'm wondering what stage DCE is in so hopefully a release time can be grasped (indev, alpha, beta), and if there will be beta testing with 84+CE Cemetech users.
No progress update, I'm afraid. The current state of affairs is still to get writeback and cleanup after ASM programs working properly, namely making ASM programs end by jumping to a defined stub routine rather than trying to return to code in a SafeRAM area that they may have cleared. Once that's working, I will be trying to port the Celtic 2 CSE libraries, and then I may have a private alpha. I know a number of users (especially tifreak8x) who want to start creating programs with C2CSE, so that'll give them an opportunity to begin programming while I finish the other libraries in Doors CE. tr1p1ea has also been working hard on xLIBCE, although it's a huge task, and he has a young family and a lot of work-work on his plate.

Edit: thanks to ever-productive time on Amtrak, I got ASM program cleanup including writeback functioning and tested. Since a lot of the features that make Doors CE a shell are now functioning, I'm nearly ready to make a little video and post official news announcing that Doors CE is coming, hopefully tomorrow.
KermMartian wrote:
Edit: thanks to ever-productive time on Amtrak, I got ASM program cleanup including writeback functioning and tested. Since a lot of the features that make Doors CE a shell are now functioning, I'm nearly ready to make a little video and post official news announcing that Doors CE is coming, hopefully tomorrow.

I cant wait!
just bringing up some of my earlier but neglected comments:
Caleb_Hill wrote:

*You made a mention earlier in this thread about not having a CE emulator. Has any progress been made on developing that?
*I can't wait! And you'll need to update the doors wiki for DCE 9 too.
Caleb_Hill wrote:
*You made a mention earlier in this thread about not having a CE emulator. Has any progress been made on developing that?
Sadly, no. All of the people with the necessary expertise who are part of the jsTIfied project (Unknownln, Eeems, Mateo, AHelper, myself) are either too busy or taking a hiatus.
Quote:
*I can't wait! And you'll need to update the doors wiki for DCE 9 too.
You're right about that. I anticipate that the library documentation should be nearly the same, if not exactly the same, so hopefully the main differences will be the documentation on actually using the shell.
I haven't posted for a while, but here goes!

So, Kerm, if I had made a program using celtic on the entire screen and used the xLIBC drawbg color command to fill both sides of the screen without going half res, it would not be compatible?

Just wondering.

Anyhow, keep up the great work! I hope to have a CE someday. Smile
Unicorn wrote:
So, Kerm, if I had made a program using celtic on the entire screen and used the xLIBC drawbg color command to fill both sides of the screen without going half res, it would not be compatible?
Based on what I've heard from tr1p1ea so far, that would be correct.

Quote:
Thank you! I hope you get one too, and I hope by the time you get one, I'll have released a Doors CE version.
KermMartian wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
Thank you! I hope you get one too, and I hope by the time you get one, I'll have released a Doors CE version.

So, I cant tell if this foreshadows a release sooner or later... Confused
Oh well...

On a side note...
Why aren't there any color calculators in the emoticons menu? Its not like I feel strongly that we need a color calc emoticon, It just kind of intrigues and annoys me.

Back on topic: Is this version going to have all of the same features that it would have in a flash application (hooks, speed, accessibility, etc.) Question
Caleb_Hill wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

So, I cant tell if this foreshadows a release sooner or later... Confused
Oh well...

It foreshadows a release...within a reasonable time I guess?

Caleb_Hill wrote:
On a side note...
Why aren't there any color calculators in the emoticons menu? Its not like I feel strongly that we need a color calc emoticon, It just kind of intrigues and annoys me.

Yea...but I guess Kerm is pretty busy and probably hasn't hit him yet. However, it's not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to have them.
o355 wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
On a side note...

Yea...but I guess Kerm is pretty busy and probably hasn't hit him yet. However, it's not the end of the world, but it'd be nice to have them.

TI-73 TI-83+ TI-83+ SE TI-84+ TI-84+ SE TI-86 TI-89
I feel like there could be a few more, maybe some different (newer) ones like a casio, an nspire or maybe an HP prime even though this forum is mostly centered around the 8x series. However, I think this is a very minimal issue with cemetech and that the people in charge should focus on actual projects rather than calculator emoticons. Maybe this could be an afternoon thing for an admin someday, but for now, its really not necessary Smile
mr womp womp wrote:
o355 wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
On a side note...

TI-73 TI-83+ TI-83+ SE TI-84+ TI-84+ SE TI-86 TI-89
I feel like there could be a few more, maybe some different (newer) ones like a casio, an nspire or maybe an HP prime even though this forum is mostly centered around the 8x series. However, I think this is a very minimal issue with cemetech and that the people in charge should focus on actual projects rather than calculator emoticons. Maybe this could be an afternoon thing for an admin someday, but for now, its really not necessary Smile

Well, I never posted the question because it was a major issue, I just wanted to put the idea out there. It isn't very relevant to this topic either.
any idea on a finishing date?
TennIsLife912 wrote:
any idea on a finishing date?

You should probably refer to some previous posts answering the same question, like here:
keysun11952 wrote:
So, when are we gonna be able to use Doors 9.0 and where can we get it? Smile
Can't wait to use it now!
And can anyone please send me a copy of the testing version of Doors 9.0? Thanks! Razz

and the answer:
elfprince13 wrote:
Notably, Kerm has mentioned (one or two posts back) that he does not yet have a release schedule, but that he is likely to share it once he does.
Alright, I'm not one to ask over and over again, but then again, progress report on DCE 9. I'm assuming the current state at the moment is adding folders, clocks, menu icons, etc. Maybe even further.

Anyways, keep up the (very excellent) work! Smile
Folders work, the clock works, menus work, all of the file and folder manipulation tools work, running archived and unarchived nostub TI-BASIC and z80 assembly programs works. The HomeRun feature mostly works, the enhanced editor mostly works. TI-BASIC and ASM libraries are missing. Execution of C programs (and use of C libraries) is missing.

I'll try to get more information posted later tonight, as I spent some time debugging and fixing the APD feature today.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours