coolcrab123 wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
coolcrab123 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Ivoah wrote:
Great work Kerm! What stage in the porting process are you at now?
I have just started stage 2, and I expect it to be fairly time-consuming. The fact that we don't yet have a community TI-84 Plus CE emulator, including debugging tools, is a significant barrier to moving fast with this.

Hey Kerm, CEmu came out just in time for you to finish the new version!!! Wink

Oh my goodness.

First off, you just delayed the release of DCE by a week. Great.

Second off, CEmu has been released for over two years. The thread says the 30th of December, 2015.

Thirdly, the post itself comes off as rude.

Stop taking things negatively and don't respond if you don't have anything positive to say, I didn't openly ask, but merely "poked" Kerm

Uhhhh... "Poking" is exactly the thing not to do. (You probably know now, but...) Also, iPhoenix is just trying to explain things, even though he might have done it in a nicer way.
I counted 50 pokes asking about Doors CE, so it has been delayed by almost a year.
I think that a lot of people think that locking this thread is a good idea to prevent poky posts, and then posts that respond to that. If any admin thinks that that is a good idea, then please do. If/when Kerm picks this up again or posts an update, he can unlock it. If this seems to be selfish, then delete this post, and don't listen to it.

People I've heard say this:
iPhoenix and seanlego23 (definitely more, but I don't remember anymore)

EDIT: People that just told me to include them in that list:

• Michael2_3B
  • TLM
  • Battlesquid (even though he doesn't even own a CE Razz)
  • 21tmccauley
  • Mateo a.k.a. lettuce (eh)
  • SM84CE
  • commandz

Generally, everyone who cares about DCE.
The Kerm-poking and project-delaying thread has gone way too far... it’s just a joke that has spread like wildfire...

I can’t speak for Kerm, but since TI won’t be releasing the signing key, I believe the only thing preventing DCE9’s release is Kerms busy schedule. There’s no point in poking him about this project; he’ll get around to it when he gets around to it.

Also, I just have an honest question, since the signing key can’t be used, how do DCE9 and Cesium compare? What would make DCE9 different/better than cesium?
jcgter777 wrote:
I think that a lot of people think that locking this thread is a good idea to prevent poky posts, and then posts that respond to that. If any admin thinks that that is a good idea, then please do. If/when Kerm picks this up again or posts an update, he can unlock it. If this seems to be selfish, then delete this post, and don't listen to it.

People I've heard say this:
iPhoenix and seanlego23 (definitely more, but I don't remember anymore)

EDIT: People that just told me to include them in that list:

• Michael2_3B
  • TLM
  • Battlesquid (even though he doesn't even own a CE Razz)
  • 21tmccauley
  • Mateo (eh)
  • SM84CE

I agree. After reading all of the pokes (mine included), I think we just need to stop bugging Kerm.
Michael2_3B wrote:
The Kerm-poking and project-delaying thread has gone way too far... it’s just a joke that has spread like wildfire...

I can’t speak for Kerm, but since TI won’t be releasing the signing key, I believe the only thing preventing DCE9’s release is Kerms busy schedule. There’s no point in poking him about this project; he’ll get around to it when he gets around to it.

Also, I just have an honest question, since the signing key can’t be used, how do DCE9 and Cesium compare? What would make DCE9 different/better than cesium?

I think DCE9 will be very different from Cesium because it implements different libraries into it. The signing key isn't needed, because, well, the awesome MateoC Razz .
Legoman314 wrote:

I agree. After reading all of the pokes (mine included), I think we just need to stop bugging Kerm.

Honestly if you notice, the main people poking him nowadays are fresh new members who won’t even take the time to read about not poking him. They’ll post regardless, in most cases. So either this thread gets locked or any pokey posts need to just be ignored.
Michael2_3B wrote:
Legoman314 wrote:

Honestly if you notice, the main people poking him nowadays are fresh new members who won’t even take the time to read about not poking him. They’ll post regardless, in most cases. So either this thread gets locked or any pokey posts need to just be ignored.

I'm pretty sure I asked too. Sad I noticed that most "newbies" or just new members tend to not read older posts, like me about 5 months ago. We could make some sort of topic that posts some tips/general rules so people don't do things like that. It's annoying, and thinking of myself, embarrassing.
hehe, yeah, same thing. I had been following up on DCE before joining Cemetech, and may have made the same mistake, without realizing. The best thing to be done is probably to give newbies 1 warning, where it won't count, and if they do it again, delay it. This is just my opinion, weigh in on this if you have anything.
#cemetech.log.bz2 wrote:
[2018-02-23-12:10:47]<@KermPhD> 1 like = 1 prayer = 1 week
[2018-02-23-12:16:25]<@KermPhD> P_T: The secret is that I'm not serious about the 1 nag = 1 week. I really just have had negative free time since founding Geopipe.

I see no reason to lock the thread. It may even be helpful to maintain the status quo of people asking about it, since that activity reinforces that there is indeed interest in the existence of such a program.
Tari wrote:
#cemetech.log.bz2 wrote:
[2018-02-23-12:10:47]<@KermPhD> 1 like = 1 prayer = 1 week
[2018-02-23-12:16:25]<@KermPhD> P_T: The secret is that I'm not serious about the 1 nag = 1 week. I really just have had negative free time since founding Geopipe.

I see no reason to lock the thread. It may even be helpful to maintain the status quo of people asking about it, since that activity reinforces that there is indeed interest in the existence of such a program.

I agree. Pokes aren't harmful in any way and I am sure a responsible adult can handle some child-like poking. Razz
Maybe there should just be a poll that would show how many were interested in DoorsCE. The only problem, and the problem with posting notices, is that new users might not see it or know that it's there. An announcement would be unnecessary.

SharpClaw007 wrote:
I agree. Pokes aren't harmful in any way and I am sure a responsible adult can handle some child-like poking. Razz

Pokes may not be harmful, but when you're really busy, and you don't feel like working on something, pokes are annoying. Plus, Kerm wrote, "I really just have had negative free time since founding Geopipe." Maybe not annoyed, but no free time. (negative free time, I should say Razz)

How about this:
If you are interested about DoorsCE, please make a post that shows your interest, and have it show that you understand that Kerm's been busy. (Just to show interest, but not nag)

An example would be, "Hi! I would love to see DoorsCE come out, but I understand that you are busy. Hope you find time to work on it!"
How about we don't post in this thread at all and wait patiently.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
How about we don't post in this thread at all and wait patiently.

I agree
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
How about we don't post in this thread at all

The REAL LAX18 wrote:
I agree

*facepalms*

yes, this is hypocritical too, but one more post in this thread probably isn't a big deal
this also doesn't meet my usual quality standards, but this was too funny to me to pass up for some reason
I love how far this thread has gone downhill... from talking about the actual development, to talking about why Kerm is really busy right now, to talking about new members who keep asking about how this is going, to now trying to delete/lock/bury this thread... Amazing.
Question about Hook chaining with DoorsCS. When writing the code to pre/post hook with the DCS homerun hook, can this code be stored in an appvar. More specifically, an archived appvar?

Also a small suggestion to allow any hook "chaining" to be preserved across RAM clears. Save, in the DCS appvar, the last address of the pre/post hooks. When restarting DCS, check the addresses to see if it's been zeroed or not (I think a ram clear would zero the RAM?). If those addresses are not zeroed, then we rebuild the pre/post hook accordingly.
You know, maybe this has gone too far. We should stop poking and just wait patiently, even if it takes a year or two more. Sad Sad Sad Sad
SharpClaw007 wrote:
You know, maybe this has gone too far. We should stop poking and just wait patiently, even if it takes a year or two more. Sad Sad Sad Sad

It's never going to happen.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
SharpClaw007 wrote:

It's never going to happen.

If I can resist and I'm not even in high school I think you guys can Mad

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 22 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours