Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
KermMartian wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Eightx84 wrote:
Wonder when the DCE badges will come out Smile
An excellent idea;

What exactly are DCE badges?
I assume that he means userbars, like these:


Yup, exactly!
how do we put those on our profile?
You copy the url into an [img] tag in your signature box.
so is the plan right now to model DCS9 like Cesium, in the program structure? pity you can't make the flash app.
Caleb_Hill wrote:
so is the plan right now to model DCS9 like Cesium, in the program structure? pity you can't make the flash app.
Yes, Doors CE 9 and Cesium both follow a similar program loader structure to the precedent set by Ion back about eighteen years ago on the TI-83, due to the limitations of non-App ASM shells. It's a pain in the neck, but if we do it right it at least should be reasonably stable.

In other news, I took a first pass at a userbar while I was working on work-work today:
KermMartian wrote:
In other news, I took a first pass at a userbar while I was working on work-work today:

Working on work Razz sounds pretty circular
I can't truthfully say that I am a DCE 9 user, but I'm going to use it anyway. It looks snazzy
mr womp womp wrote:
Working on work Razz sounds pretty circular
Work-work is the stuff that I actually do for a living. Wink Hint: not calculators.

Caleb_Hill wrote:
I can't truthfully say that I am a DCE 9 user, but I'm going to use it anyway. It looks snazzy
It looks nice in your signature! Once I make more progress and start coming up with a release schedule, I might whip up a quick userbar that counts down to Doors CE's release, like I did for Doors CS 6.

I've been trying to work on Doors CE among my many other pieces of work, and it's grinding slowly along. Among the highlights:
  • It seems that the SilentLinkHook is not actually used anywhere on the TI-84 Plus CE, at least as of OS 5.1. I've discovered that setting ($D00000) to 0 inhibits the OS from trying to do any silent linking when _GetCSC is being used, but until we have an equate with more information for that I'll be slightly uncomfortable with that solution.
  • I've looked at what the OS does to clean up after itself after it executes an ASM program, and I'm trying to emulate that myself now. Things are still pretty unstable when Doors CE tries to do stuff from safeRAM after unloading itself, like run ASM programs or unload after unloading, powering off, powering on, and loading.
  • I poked at my HomeRun hook, and lo and behold, the HomeRun parser hook works with almost no extra effort. Huzzah!
KermMartian wrote:

Caleb_Hill wrote:
I can't truthfully say that I am a DCE 9 user, but I'm going to use it anyway. It looks snazzy
It looks nice in your signature! Once I make more progress and start coming up with a release schedule, I might whip up a quick userbar that counts down to Doors CE's release, like I did for Doors CS 6.

I can't wait! And you'll need to update the doors wiki for DCE 9 too. Good Idea Graphing Calculator
So, when are we gonna be able to use Doors 9.0 and where can we get it? Smile
Can't wait to use it now!
And can anyone please send me a copy of the testing version of Doors 9.0? Thanks! Razz
(My email address is fzmxx4502@gmail.com)
Notably, Kerm has mentioned (one or two posts back) that he does not yet have a release schedule, but that he is likely to share it once he does.
If anyone's keeping score, Doors CE has successfully been running unarchived assembly programs. It ran the CHARMAP program I used to get the TI-84+CE's character set, and it ran Tetric A correctly (although Tetric A crashed on exit). Time permitting, I'll try to work on fixing bugs so that running nostub archived and RAM assembly programs functions this week.
Woo, go Kerm, go! Very Happy
Can we access that CHARMAP program? I would love to see all of the characters that I can use on my calculator.
Kerm: Great work so far!!
Caleb_Hill wrote:
Can we access that CHARMAP program? I would love to see all of the characters that I can use on my calculator.
Kerm: Great work so far!!
Feast your eyes on the output of the CHARMAP program: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=241344#241344

tifreak, Caleb: Thank you! I also got execution of archived programs working just now; now I need to make writeback and cleanup work properly.
I noticed the lock icon on the CHARMAP. does anyone know what that is used for in the OS? and where I can access it?

Also:

Are you going to put in a mouse/Cursor like that in Doors CS 7? I have really liked the mouse, but noticed that it is missing in Doors CSE 8.
You have probably gone over this issue before, but I haven't seen anything about it on the threads that I read.
Caleb_Hill wrote:
I noticed the lock icon on the CHARMAP. does anyone know what that is used for in the OS? and where I can access it?
You'd have to use either a specially-modified BASIC program or an ASM program to be able to display it.

Quote:
Are you going to put in a mouse/Cursor like that in Doors CS 7? I have really liked the mouse, but noticed that it is missing in Doors CSE 8.
You have probably gone over this issue before, but I haven't seen anything about it on the threads that I read.
Like Doors CSE 8, the new Doors CE 9 will omit the mouse. Take a look at the Doors CSE 8 Brainstorming thread (starting at this post) for the discussion that led to the removal of the mouse.
Will the shell eventually allow a modular feature system like Windows?
For example, a mouse program that installs over/alongside DCE's cursor system.
Eightx84 wrote:
Will the shell eventually allow a modular feature system like Windows?
For example, a mouse program that installs over/alongside DCE's cursor system.
No, Doors CE 9 will offer no such features. The most modular thing it may offer is modular, relocatable C libraries.
Well, as long as the keypad selection system is responsive enough, I suppose that that would be better than the mouse (although it will be hard to forget my customized ‘C‘ Mouse Cursor!).
On a side note:
You made a mention earlier in this thread about not having a CE emulator. Has any progress been made on developing that?
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 20
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement