_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
Can't DCE9 technically be made into an App, like Cesium V2.3.X (I'm running 2.3.X on CEmu, got the version of Cesium from GitHub repo, FYI)

No it cannot. Cesium isn't an app, either.

For it to become an app, he would need to know the CE signing key, which is really, really hard to crack (256 bit bytethanks, Runer112 encryption IIRC) and hasn't been released by TI.

We have no intention (IIRC) to get it or steal it, because it would allow cheating on tests, theoretically.

So no, it will not be an APP

It will be a shell, which runs when you turn on your calculator, and is essentially an OS running on the normal OS.

That is true, but after Cesium's (2.3.0) first run, the readme says to run it via the [apps] key, and that's how it worked on CEmu too. It also shows up as an App in the Mem Management menu.
SM84CE wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
Can't DCE9 technically be made into an App, like Cesium V2.3.X (I'm running 2.3.X on CEmu, got the version of Cesium from GitHub repo, FYI)

For it to become an app, he would need to know the CE signing key, which is really, really hard to crack (256 bit bytethanks, Runer112 encryption IIRC) and hasn't been released by TI.

We have no intention (IIRC) to get it or steal it, because it would allow cheating on tests, theoretically.

So no, it will not be an APP

It will be a shell, which runs when you turn on your calculator, and is essentially an OS running on the normal OS.

That is true, but after Cesium's (2.3.0) first run, the readme says to run it via the [apps] key, and that's how it worked on CEmu too. It also shows up as an App in the Mem Management menu.

That's due to (probably) some visual ASM trickery (like how ICE shows custom tokens). To the OS, I doubt it is considered a true app.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SM84CE wrote:

Cesium is an app. Stop saying things that aren't true. The OS considers it a true app. You just can't transfer it.
How the **** is Cesium an app. I legit thought it was a program? I am so confused.
I'm talking about the version that hasn't been released to the public. The version you probably have (2.1.1 or 2.2.0) is a program and is the public release. The App version of Cesium is code on a GitHub repo.
So, going back to what I had originally said (idea just hit me Idea Idea ): If Cesium V2.3.X is considered an App but is unable to be transferred (except if the app creation program was grouped before executing it), can't DoorsCE be built in that fashion? I guess (and don't trust me, like I said in my intro post, I don't know a lot of assembly) that DoorsCE would just need the "app.inc" file, like the one in Cesium's source. I guess that it would also need to have some routines modified to be more "app-like". I'll also say that I'm not the one to be doing this, Kerm Martian should probably decide. The app sounds better, as it would not need to unarchive itself to be run, therefore allowing for more available RAM (ongoing projects, etc.). Sorry for the long post, I just had a lot to say in this topic! Smile Smile
SM84CE wrote:
Sorry for the long post, I just had a lot to say in this topic! Smile Smile

The admins generally preach quality over quantity.
Generally, but not always, lengthy posts are higher quality, so don't worry if your post seems lengthy. (For example, I hope this was a "Quality" and informative post, even though it isn't very long)
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
SM84CE wrote:
Sorry for the long post, I just had a lot to say in this topic! Smile Smile

The admins generally preach quality over quantity.
Generally, but not always, lengthy posts are higher quality, so don't worry if your post seems lengthy. (For example, I hope this was a "Quality" and informative post, even though it isn't very long)

It was. Smile

Going back to the idea of an app, Kerm Martian, would this be possible/ feasible?? From what I hear, DCE is nearly done, unless I'm mistaken... Got a beta version? I'd be happy to test it on CEmu on my spare time. If yes, is it possible to PM me the file(s)?? Thanks in advance.
SM84CE wrote:
So, going back to what I had originally said (idea just hit me Idea Idea ): If Cesium V2.3.X is considered an App but is unable to be transferred (except if the app creation program was grouped before executing it), can't DoorsCE be built in that fashion? I guess (and don't trust me, like I said in my intro post, I don't know a lot of assembly) that DoorsCE would just need the "app.inc" file, like the one in Cesium's source. I guess that it would also need to have some routines modified to be more "app-like". I'll also say that I'm not the one to be doing this, Kerm Martian should probably decide. The app sounds better, as it would not need to unarchive itself to be run, therefore allowing for more available RAM (ongoing projects, etc.). Sorry for the long post, I just had a lot to say in this topic! Smile Smile

Here is a link to said app.inc file
goose121 wrote:
If you want to make it into an app, the code in this file from Cesium might be useful. It seems to be fairly easy to use it in another app, but I just started ez80 asm a few days ago, so I might be missing something.

I don't want to seem rude, but I'v already said that a few posts up. Next time, please check and make sure you post something new!
SM84CE wrote:
goose121 wrote:
If you want to make it into an app, the code in this file from Cesium might be useful. It seems to be fairly easy to use it in another app, but I just started ez80 asm a few days ago, so I might be missing something.

I don't want to seem rude, but I'v already said that a few posts up. Next time, please check and make sure you post something new!

I'm so sorry I missed that! I'll edit the post to reference yours and provide a link
It's fine, no harm was intended, I get that. Anyway, You're not the only one excited for DCE9!
How close is this to being done?
PT_ wrote:
About 90%, but progress is getting slowly, so we don't know when he will finish it Smile
Kerm is not a software dev company, he is indeed a living person with a life. If you look through the thread, you'll find a reason why progress is going slowly.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I'd imagine Kerm is rather sick of saying this, so I'll help

Kerm is a busy person, and programming an OS for a freaking graphing calculator should be pretty far down the list of things that are on his mind.

Programming an OS Shell is a HUGE undertaking, even for a well seasoned and extremely talented programmer like Kerm, so even if he had, say, 2 hours a day (which is more than he could currently do, I'd think) it would still take a while millennia.

The best thing we can do is respect that he is busy and cannot work on this project [as much as he wants], and wait.

Just an example of such reasons.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
I'd imagine Kerm is rather sick of saying this, so I'll help

Kerm is a busy person, and programming an OS for a freaking graphing calculator should be pretty far down the list of things that are on his mind.

Programming an OS Shell is a HUGE undertaking, even for a well seasoned and extremely talented programmer like Kerm, so even if he had, say, 2 hours a day (which is more than he could currently do, I'd think) it would still take a while millennia.

The best thing we can do is respect that he is busy and cannot work on this project [as much as he wants], and wait.

Just an example of such reasons.

Amen. Though it's hard for those with a TI-84 + CE not to be excited Very Happy , it is respectful to let Kerm take his time. "When will the shell be finished? " is a decent question, but nobody had best pester him. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
I can't count how many YouTube comments, emails, and Cemetech topics I've seen asked for a Doors CS/Doors CSE for the new TI-84 Plus CE, and finally, I've gotten around to start creating it. I won't deny that CesiumOS by MateoConLechuga has pushed my competitive side to drop everything else and focus on this, and Epharius' work on PHASM has also motivated me. For about a month, I've been working to build the original Doors CSE source code for the ez80 TI-84 Plus CE, and I've finally gotten it to the state where I can begin debugging the shell. For the unfamiliar, the stages in the process go something like this:
  1. Take the source, make it assemble by finding equivalents for all system calls and memory areas from the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition on the TI-84 Plus CE.
  2. Debug the shell, module, by module, modifying components to work properly. One needs to take into account things like 3-byte registers, the new memory format, and the fact that Doors CE is now going to be a program rather than a shell.
  3. Reconfigure for the TI-84 Plus CE. Like CesiumOS, Doors CE will divide itself into a RAM component (a launcher) and an Archived component (the shell itself) when it first runs, in order to provide longer-lived hooks and resilience to RAM clears. This architecture will take time
  4. Port libraries. Doors CE will provide ASM, C, and TI-BASIC libraries, but this will take time to get in place

I'm happy to present the first "screenshot" from Doors CE 9:

Are there any updates to this program's progress? Would love to use Graphing Calculator
Now that TI has finally released the latest OS updates that offer ASM programs without Asm() and running Archived programs (which was one of the things for which I was waiting to release Doors CE), I need to reevaluate what Doors CE needs to actually look like. There have not been too many updates on my end (largely because of this and other less great life events), but I'll keep you guys posted, as always.
KermMartian wrote:
Now that TI has finally released the latest OS updates that offer ASM programs without Asm() and running Archived programs (which was one of the things for which I was waiting to release Doors CE), I need to reevaluate what Doors CE needs to actually look like. There have not been too many updates on my end (largely because of this and other less great life events), but I'll keep you guys posted, as always.

Glad you will take the time to finish it. Smile Can you maybe give us your to-do-list of DoorsCE? What features do you still want to add/change?
PT_ wrote:

Glad you will take the time to finish it. Smile Can you maybe give us your to-do-list of DoorsCE? What features do you still want to add/change?

I agree! What will you change in regards to your to-do list?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 19 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours