Okay, So I know how we will pry that signing key out of TI's cold dead hands: every single person will spam ti-cares@ti.com with the following request (with random synonyms and adjectives so their spam filters cannot filter it) using a new email (and preferably random email site) every single day.

We don't want a war, we just want our dámn signing key. Now please, just act like a civil adult and email Kern (who can be found here: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/profile.php?mode=email&u=2) the TI-84 Plus CE signing key. The fans demand it, and you gonna give it to us, or we gonna bury you.

So, get you, all your friends, and all their friends to do this daily: create a new temporary email account at a random email site, then change up randomly the above text (i.e. adding random interjections, and adjectives) and add a random sentence at the end (such as: My dog ate 19,273 taco's today) for the spam filters. Then use that temporary email to email your changed up message straight to em. My request is just that you do this once a day, just add it into your daily routine.

Together, we will bring them to the ground. Don't forget to also check https://education.ti.com/en/customer-support weekly or monthly to make sure you are sending the petitions to their primary customer support email (they probably will change it due to all of our moving pleas).

Edit by PT_: removed the link to the petition. Please read Kerm's post: It's not going to do anything, and it'll just damage our relationship with TI.
Pepperester wrote:
Okay, So I know how we will pry that signing key out of TI's cold dead hands: every single person will spam ti-cares@ti.com with the following request (with random synonyms and adjectives so their spam filters cannot filter it) using a new email (and preferably random email site) every single day.

We don't want a war, we want our a signing key. Now please, just act like a civil adult and email Kern (who can be found here: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/profile.php?mode=email&u=2) the TI-84 Plus CE signing key. The fans demand it, and you gonna give it to us.

So, get you, all your friends, and all their friends to do this daily: create a new temporary email account at a random email site, then change up randomly the above text (i.e. adding random interjections, and adjectives) and add a random sentence at the end (such as: My dog ate 19,273 taco's today) for the spam filters. Then use that temporary email to email your changed up message straight to em. My request is just that you do this once a day, just add it into your daily routine.

Together, we will bring them to the ground. Don't forget to also check https://education.ti.com/en/customer-support weekly or monthly to make sure you are sending the petitions to their primary customer support email (they probably will change it due to all of our moving pleas).

Dude, I was literally drafting something just like this Razz I am signing up! (should someone do a change.org thingie, too, or is that overkill?)

EDIT:
_iPhoenix_ on SAX wrote:
Say
7:37:58 PM [_iPhoenix_] dude, i'm sure we have at least 500 cybersecurity peeps here, why not just put them in a think tank?

[jk jk, I won't]
[content removed because spaam]
Please don't email that to anyone, especially TI-Cares. It's not going to do anything, and it'll just damage our relationship with TI.
You guys Kerm is right, that won't do anything and really you just talking crap
But its the only hope we have of getting you that lustfully delicious signing key.
Let's read some other topics as well, before posting this kind of stuff: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11960
Pepperester wrote:
But its the only hope we have of getting you that lustfully delicious signing key.

No, it isn't. I say we ask ONCE (from someone responsible, i.e. Kerm or PT_ or Mateo) (well, maybe not Mateo) and accept their (TI's) answer. There's probably a decent reason that they made it difficult, if not straight up impossible for us to get it.
If they haven't seen all these forums centered around it yet, then they'll probably just reject our LORD & SAVIOR Kerm Martian, So I say we just spam em till death do we part.
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Pepperester wrote:

No, it isn't. I say we ask ONCE (from someone responsible, i.e. Kerm or PT_ or Mateo) (well, maybe not Mateo) and accept their (TI's) answer. There's probably a decent reason that they made it difficult, if not straight up impossible for us to get it.

It has already been asked by some respectable people in a civil manner, IIRC, TI simply declined. As for the petition thing with the emails, that is no way to go about things. Not cause you want something that you should go apesh**, that sounds childish and completely fruitless. Also, why so late to the party? If they haven't released it by now, then I think its safe to assume its not on their agenda. Besides, as far as DoorsCE is concerned, I think its far too late to be switching back to an app, it has already been built up to be a program that will probs be run with prgmA like Cesium.
Pepperester wrote:
If they haven't seen all these forums centered around it yet, then they'll probably just reject our LORD & SAVIOR Kerm Martian, So I say we just spam em till death do we part.

I don't think Kerm represents the entire community, sure he is a very good programmer and overall smart dude, but to say that he is our "LORD & SAVIOR Kerm Martian" seems like a bit of a stretch.
Perhaps, if you are so angry with TI, you should just go program a different device.

Personally, I would dig a DCS-style applauncher for android Razz
When is DCE going expected to come out? (Also, I would suggest updating https://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=772. It says it will come out in early 2016.)
hexagonnoah2 wrote:
When is DCE going expected to come out? (Also, I would suggest updating https://www.cemetech.net/news.php?id=772. It says it will come out in early 2016.)

Nobody knows quite when, but the wait grows longer with every request for its release. So let me be the first in saying "What have you done?!?!?"
JWinslow23 wrote:
Nobody knows quite when, but the wait grows longer with every request for its release. So let me be the first in saying "What have you done?!?!?"

Evil or Very Mad
Kerm is just a busy man with a lot of other stuff in his life, besides programming. He surely knows that many people are waiting for DoorsCE 9, so let's not poke him anymore, he will probably finish it one day Smile
I'm not poking him. I'm just asking. (just to clarify I am asking when it will come out not asking for it to come out.)
hexagonnoah2 wrote:
I'm not poking him. I'm just asking.

That's exactly what poking is, just to let you know Smile

*Mateo pokes Kerm*
MateoConLechuga wrote:
hexagonnoah2 wrote:
I'm not poking him. I'm just asking.

That's exactly what poking is, just to let you know Smile

*poke*

Yeah. Kerm knows that we want Doors CE, and I'm sure he's working on it whenever he is able to and is motivated. Martians are people, too!
hexagonnoah2 wrote:

About the time it'll take Valve to make Portal 3. Wink
KermPhD (on SAX) wrote:
Unrelated: I should start playing by George R. R. Martin rules. Every time someone asks when Doors CE 9 will be released, I delay it by another week.

Surprised
No more asking! Razz
They dont need the signing key though, because it is not going to be an app. Wink
mr womp womp wrote:
_iPhoenix_ wrote:
Pepperester wrote:

It has already been asked by some respectable people in a civil manner, IIRC, TI simply declined. As for the petition thing with the emails, that is no way to go about things. Not cause you want something that you should go apesh**, that sounds childish and completely fruitless. Also, why so late to the party? If they haven't released it by now, then I think its safe to assume its not on their agenda. Besides, as far as DoorsCE is concerned, I think its far too late to be switching back to an app, it has already been built up to be a program that will probs be run with prgmA like Cesium.
What he said. I have already asked multiple times, respectfully but persistently. They have said no, and they have given reasons that are if not what I want to hear at least logical. And indeed, Doors CE is built perfectly well to be a non-App program at this point.

mr womp womp wrote:
Pepperester wrote:

I don't think Kerm represents the entire community, sure he is a very good programmer and overall smart dude, but to say that he is our "LORD & SAVIOR Kerm Martian" seems like a bit of a stretch.
Haha, I agree. The day that anyone thinks I know more than anyone else here is the day I'm being deluded, because I always have more to learn.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 16 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours