Hooray! An update! Razz
Maybe it would be more convenient if you put your to-do list on the first post instead of reposting it. (it may prevent people from asking when doors will be released) Smile
Kerm: will you add this or not?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Had a tiny bit of creative time and messed around with adding a small splash screen. You can run the real( function and it will fade in, wait for key, fade out.

*NOTE* - The logo is nothing official, it's just something I threw together quickly as a test!
KermMartian wrote:
CalcMeister wrote:
Great work Kerm! There's only one feature that I've always wanted in a shell... can you stick a digital clock in the status bar at all times?
Doors CE adds a clock in its own "taskbar" (see the screenshot below), but doesn't add it to the OS's status bar.

KermMartian wrote:

Also, just as a reminder to myself, because this got lost way down in this thread:
  • Resolve problems with implementing poweroff to ensure that OS will not crash after quitting DCE after poweroff/APD.
  • Ensure that memory leak when DCE ran itself via HomeRun is resolved.
  • Test C/ASM library loading from Mateo within DCE
  • Make hook chainer work properly, at least with GetKeyHook and AppChangeHook.
  • Make shell functions called via ExecArcHook put their cleanup routines in safeRAM instead of assuming the layout of Archive hasn't changed. Done for AppChangeHook, not yet for ParserHook.
  • Make editing both archived and Unarchived programs from the home screen work. Sorted and tested, other than implementing the previous item.
  • Debug crash when loading new DCE version over old on emulator. -> Probably caused by HomeRun pointing to the wrong place because the stub is not loaded. Yep, caused by stub not holding proper contents. Need to detect this and let the OS handle running the program instead. Possibly (untested) fixed. Relies on following item.
  • HomeRun ParserHook uses absolute calls to ParserHookChkPrgm, getHomescreenToken, and getHomescreenByte. This makes it crash it many circumstances.
  • Consider label/home/end menu
  • Create small core ASM library for DCE programs?
  • Graphical artifacts on homescreen as reported by tr1p1ea
  • xLIBCE! Very much underway.

This is is looking awesome! Very Happy Wow, xLib for the CE will be terrific.
I have a question - how come dcs8 and 9 don't use a mouse like dcs7? It doesn't make a difference to me, but I'm just curious. Smile
Switchblade wrote:
I have a question - how come dcs8 and 9 don't use a mouse like dcs7? It doesn't make a difference to me, but I'm just curious.

KermMartian wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
I noticed the lock icon on the CHARMAP. does anyone know what that is used for in the OS? and where I can access it?
You'd have to use either a specially-modified BASIC program or an ASM program to be able to display it.

Quote:
Are you going to put in a mouse/Cursor like that in Doors CS 7? I have really liked the mouse, but noticed that it is missing in Doors CSE 8.
You have probably gone over this issue before, but I haven't seen anything about it on the threads that I read.
Like Doors CSE 8, the new Doors CE 9 will omit the mouse. Take a look at the Doors CSE 8 Brainstorming thread (starting at this post) for the discussion that led to the removal of the mouse.

Although this was answered on SAX I'll just post this so others wont have to answer. Smile
Switchblade wrote:
how come dcs8 and 9 don't use a mouse like dcs7?

It was because some people (who shall remain unnamed) deemed it more efficient (although less aesthetically pleasing) to have the highlighting system reminiscent of some old terminal based GUI.
mr womp womp wrote:
Switchblade wrote:

It was because some people (who shall remain unnamed) deemed it more efficient (although less aesthetically pleasing) to have the highlighting system reminiscent of some old terminal based GUI.

It's not a matter of opinion. It simply is more efficient. There's a reason computer mice aren't just four arrow keys.
KermMartian wrote:
  • HomeRun ParserHook uses absolute calls to ParserHookChkPrgm, getHomescreenToken, and getHomescreenByte. This makes it crash it many circumstances.
So apparently I already fixed this, and didn't cross it off the list? I did some testing during HCWP tonight, and HomeRun seems to work fine.
This sounds great! Progress is very exciting!! I'd be happy to test!
PT_ wrote:
Although I'm sure the time of the calc of 99% of the people here are not the right time, at least not if you are debugging things and your RAM resets every minute, then it's useless to modify the time each time, and is such feature useless as well.

On this topic, this could be something done over Calcnet! Sync with a server's time.
Runer112 wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:
Switchblade wrote:

It's not a matter of opinion. It simply is more efficient. There's a reason computer mice aren't just four arrow keys.
Doors CS 7 needed something different to stand out from the established shells at the time IMHO. A mouse, the all-in-one aspect and higher amount of features were a must. With Doors CSE 8 being the first ever CSE shell, that was no longer needed and even though the CE already got two shells by now, Doors CS/CSE/CE are now established shells/projects, so mouse controls are no longer necessary to sell it.

I personally did not mind the mouse in Doors CS 7, but being forced to close the intro text with it everytime we install the shell was kinda annoying.
It's 2017! What month is it coming out? I could really use it right about now. I could test if you want me to.
TheFishyGamer11 wrote:
It's 2017! What month is it coming out? I could really use it right about now. I could test if you want me to.

KermMartian wrote:
Unrelated: I should start playing by George R. R. Martin rules. Every time someone asks when Doors CE 9 will be released, I delay it by another week.

But for a serious answer. For Doors to work correctly, Kerm and Tr1p1ea need something called a signing key. I don't entirely understand how this works but the signing key needs to be released by TI. And (obviously) TI hasn't done that yet. Sad I don't think anyone knows when the signing key will be released, but I think with an nspire calculator it took 7(?) years to release. So Doors may come out in a month, or it could come out several years from now. Only TI's stubbornness will tell.

(All my information was based of of posts I read a looong time ago, so I'm sorry if my information is incorrect.)
I think Kerm gave up on getting the key a long time ago. Doors CE 9 is now a 8xp program IIRC.
TheLastMillennial wrote:
TheFishyGamer11 wrote:

KermMartian wrote:
Unrelated: I should start playing by George R. R. Martin rules. Every time someone asks when Doors CE 9 will be released, I delay it by another week.

But for a serious answer. For Doors to work correctly, Kerm and Tr1p1ea need something called a signing key. I don't entirely understand how this works but the signing key needs to be released by TI. And (obviously) TI hasn't done that yet. Sad I don't think anyone knows when the signing key will be released, but I think with an nspire calculator it took 7(?) years to release. So Doors may come out in a month, or it could come out several years from now. Only TI's stubbornness will tell.

(All my information was based of of posts I read a looong time ago, so I'm sorry if my information is incorrect.)

No, Kerm isn't waiting for the key. Also, TI never released any keys for the Nspire, it was hacked, and continues to be hacked with every OS update.
Ivoah wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:
TheFishyGamer11 wrote:

KermMartian wrote:

No, Kerm isn't waiting for the key. Also, TI never released any keys for the Nspire, it was hacked, and continues to be hacked with every OS update.

Yeah, he definitely gave up ages ago trying to get a key, it will be a .8xp file. I don't think TI ever released any keys, they were always factored by community members. And no, we can't factor the key on the CE cause IIRC, it is a 2048 bit key, while old keys were 512, the only reasonable/possible solution would be TI releasing it, which they clearly aren't interested in.
Here's a suggestion: Could you modify the BASIC editor to a smaller font size similar to the Mode screen?
TheLastMillenial, Ivoah, DJ_O, mr womp womp: You guys of course are correct; it's a .8xp now. That means things are a little more fragile and complicated, especially in the way that the shell hands off and regains control to and from the OS, but it works. It also means that we're back to prgmA / prgmDOORSCE, like the old days of ION's prgmA. On MateoC's recommendation and good example with Cesium, I'll also be making a change to automatically archive a backup copy of the shell when it installs itself, so you'll still get roughly the same guarantees that the shell will always be there that you would have had with an App.

CalcMeister: Unfortunately, that would require far too much coding, at least for the first version of Doors CE 9.
KermMartian wrote:
TheLastMillenial, Ivoah, DJ_O, mr womp womp: You guys of course are correct; it's a .8xp now. That means things are a little more fragile and complicated, especially in the way that the shell hands off and regains control to and from the OS, but it works. It also means that we're back to prgmA / prgmDOORSCE, like the old days of ION's prgmA. On MateoC's recommendation and good example with Cesium, I'll also be making a change to automatically archive a backup copy of the shell when it installs itself, so you'll still get roughly the same guarantees that the shell will always be there that you would have had with an App.

Sorry about my incorrect information. I probably should have double checked before posting. But at least TheFishyGamer11 has a correct answer now. Smile
I'm assuming you'll be testing compatibility with things like PHASM and Cesium, but remember that ICE Compiler does some subtle things to the program editor that you might want to kept in mind.
Nope, they are compatible as far as I know Smile
PT_ wrote:
Nope, they are compatible as far as I know Smile
Doors CSE changed the program editor in a way that would add an extra codable line, and would place the program name in the OS status bar. Such a feature would smother your feature of seeing what det( command you are using.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 15 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours