The codebase is coming along well, but additional complications related to the shell have forced it to be on unfortunate hold for now. I'll hopefully have more information in the nearish future.
I just got a TI-84 Plus CE. I would love to have this on my calculator.
MarkkusCraft123 wrote:
I'd love to be able to provide it. Unfortunately, my last update is still the latest news, but I'll post the very second I'm able to move ahead.
KermMartian wrote:
MarkkusCraft123 wrote:
I'd love to be able to provide it. Unfortunately, my last update is still the latest news, but I'll post the very second I'm able to move ahead.

How can I be notified when this comes out? I'd really love to know where and when I can gain access to this, as I am now in possession of a TI-84 Plus CE and would love this shell. Thanks!
Ditto
SupremeMemeCream wrote:

How can I be notified when this comes out? I'd really love to know where and when I can gain access to this, as I am now in possession of a TI-84 Plus CE and would love this shell. Thanks!

Well technically, since you posted here, you now get emails when someone posts on this thread. So, you'll get an email about it.
seanlego23 wrote:
SupremeMemeCream wrote:

Well technically, since you posted here, you now get emails when someone posts on this thread. So, you'll get an email about it.

Only if you enable that feature. If you didn't you can, or just keep checking to topic Wink
I really would like some games and apps so I hope the doors ce 9.0 comes out.
Hows the program coming along? Just wondering cus i just got a TI-84 Plus CE.
MisterGorgo wrote:
Hows the program coming along? Just wondering cus i just got a TI-84 Plus CE.
The code is great, and there are relatively few bugs remaining, but it's snagged on some issues that could potentially make it a lot better.

Angie8.panda wrote:
I really would like some games and apps so I hope the doors ce 9.0 comes out.
Me too! I'm doing everything I can to make it a publicly-available tool as quickly as possible.

Edit: Just for fun, I took a few minutes and implemented a TextRect (det(15,...)) command in Doors CE 9; thanks to DrDnar for the inspiration and DJ_O for demonstrating what can be done with such a command.

P.S. It's Awesome how i got a reply so soon!!!!! Thanks SOOO Much!!
Nice to see this command supported Kerm. As an advice to programmers, though, for CE Textlib I actually circumvented its limits to generate even more advanced graphics than the above, including sprites made of 4x4 or 12x4 blocks and full-screen gameplay. (I made sure it did not render the calculator unstable first, of course!)

For such graphics I would definitively recommend using xLIBCE rectangle command (or actual sprites, like I did for the 2nd version of Wal-Rush! CE) instead. However for less advanced CE Textlib-like stuff, the det(15 command would definitively be a good solution. Smile

Also glad to see Doors CE updates. I'm definitively looking forward to see how fast it will run compared to its CSE counterpart, especially that the CE speed gains over the CSE are far greater with ASM/C than with BASIC.
Is there an estimate on when it should be complete? If you already know please tell me.
Also, will it be backwards compatible. ( Can it play games made for the previous version?)
Mister: No, there's not. I'll provide updates when I can.
DJ_O: Thanks for the suggestion!

PT_ and Mateo: Doors CE now supports Cesium-style icons for ASM and C programs.

• Resolve problems with implementing poweroff to ensure that OS will not crash after quitting DCE after poweroff/APD.
  • Ensure that memory leak when DCE ran itself via HomeRun is resolved.
  • Test C/ASM library loading from Mateo within DCE
  • Make hook chainer work properly, at least with GetKeyHook and AppChangeHook.
  • Make shell functions called via ExecArcHook put their cleanup routines in safeRAM instead of assuming the layout of Archive hasn't changed. Done for AppChangeHook, not yet for ParserHook.
  • Make editing both archived and Unarchived programs from the home screen work. Sorted and tested, other than implementing the previous item.
  • Debug crash when loading new DCE version over old on emulator. -> Probably caused by HomeRun pointing to the wrong place because the stub is not loaded. Yep, caused by stub not holding proper contents. Need to detect this and let the OS handle running the program instead. Possibly (untested) fixed. Relies on following item.
  • HomeRun ParserHook uses absolute calls to ParserHookChkPrgm, getHomescreenToken, and getHomescreenByte. This makes it crash it many circumstances.
  • Consider label/home/end menu
  • Create small core ASM library for DCE programs?
  • Graphical artifacts on homescreen as reported by tr1p1ea
  • xLIBCE! Very much underway.
  • Implement homescreen rectangle command, a la TextLib. Oh, I did this
  • Support Cesium icons. C and ASM icons done.
This looks great Kerm/tripiea. Good luck. Smile
That is one hefty list! Good luck Kerm and tr1p1ea, I look forward to seeing these bullet points turn green Smile
Happy to see that the much awaited DoorsCE is nearing an initial release (given that a lot of these are bug fixes, it means there are things that need fixing Razz)
Super psyched!! Laughing Laughing Laughing Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea
Looks nice! Keep it up, Kerm! Hope that we're not too far from a beta release. Very Happy
Holy cow this looks awesome!!!!

I don't even OWN a CE and I'm still psyched!
Do you have an idea of when it will be released ? Because on Ticalc it says "on early 2016" x)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 12 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours