SM84CE wrote:
Found a few more bugs:
When you do ON+STAT a few times (~2-3), then do ON+PRGM, It says "ERROR: Validation Not authorized to run the App"
EDIT: Also found that this happens if you run a BASIC or ASM program from the home screen and do ON+PRGM after the BASIC or ASM program finishes executing, or if the ON break was used (BASIC only).

Yep I've noticed this as well; I'll do my best to properly fix it.

SM84CE wrote:
Also, If you are in the middle of a program in the editor, then do ON+STAT, when you turn the calc back on, the editor is slightly messed up: Cursor on the new line, but on the left side of the screen, no colon on that line, and the program name seems to be missing. The status bar is displayed correctly though.

The easiest way to fix this would be to just return to the homescreen. I'll implement it that way then. Razz

SM84CE wrote:
This could just be me, but my Apps folder/box isn't there, even though I checked the "List Flash Apps" box in Cesium's settings screen.

It hasn't been released yet; so it's not just you Razz

beckadamtheinventor wrote:
I found a bug!
ICE compiler and Cesium really don't mix!
when I run Cesium it seems to uninstall the ICE commands window and displays junk instead of the tool tip.
Can this be fixed? thanks!

This can be fixed; I'll look into making it work properly Smile

TheLastMillennial wrote:
When the calculator is plugged into the computer and I do [ON]+[Stat] it immediately asks for the passcode. If I get it wrong it turns off the calculator (if I get it right it just quits to the home screen), when I turn it on again, it pauses at the passcode screen but just returns to the home screen after a second.

EDIT: Once I unplug it, it works perfectly.

Yeah the plug kind of breaks stuff Razz I don't think it's worthwhile to try and fix this.

SM84CE wrote:
I saw the App test, Can you run Cesium from Cesium? That should be a thing to implement.

It can; which is what the screenshot shows Razz

SM84CE wrote:
Also, when I defrag with hidden programs, and try to delete the hidden copy, Cesium freezes after you hit [del], forcing you to press the reset button.

Interesting. This may be an OS bug but who knows; I'll see what can be done. Smile

SM84CE wrote:
No problem!
Mateo: Also, what happens if we delete the Cesium App from the Apps box in Cesium??

It will delete Cesium and exit to the homescreen.

SM84CE wrote:
And now that Cesium has folder (read: box, because the icon looks like a box) support, does that mean that we can make our own "boxes"?

No; folder support will never be added.

SM84CE wrote:
One more request: Can you integrate your password lock code (The one I PM'd you about) into the hooks? I tried it myself on CEmu, but got RAM clears (Probably due to my limited knowledge of ASM). I just copied and pasted stuff.

That is what [on]+[stat] will do. But it is currently under works of course Razz

Thanks for the responses all! I'll work on things then Razz
You say there is an apps box? Where?

When you do on+prgm when the cursor is over cesium in the apps section, it will open, but when you quit, and you check your history with the up key, there's a glitch.
jcgter777 wrote:
You say there is an apps box? Where?

When you do on+prgm when the cursor is over cesium in the apps section, it will open, but when you quit, and you check your history with the up key, there's a glitch.

Just for fun I did this glitch, while doing so I accidently launched the CONICS app. Now whenever I do [on]+[prgm] it launches Conics instead of Cesium
Clear your RAM via [2ND][+]..., then relaunch Cesium. Also, hooks don't persist after I do a RAM clear like that.

jcgter777, the Apps box is being developed & isn't on GitHub (yet)(iirc)(If I Remember Correctly)
A RAM reset isn't necessary, I just did the same thing but chose Cesium. It works again. Very Happy
OK, I thought the hook was non-reconfigurable...
I was wrong.

EDIT: I see the glitch!

Mateo: Is it possible to have an option to change the main text color? Changing the Cesium background to white will tell you what I mean.
Sorry for double post, wanted to call this to attention:

I found a few more things:

Using V2.3.9 from GH repo, installed app. Next, ran CellSheet, then exited to the homescreen. When I went to the Mem menu, I noticed that Y4 and Y5 were ~20 kb in size, My Free RAM thing didn't reflect that. When I scrolled to Y4 (after minutes of waiting, Y4 was apparently a bunch of spaces, y5 was some stuff, like ElseZsquare...) It reset my RAM. When I redid the above, except that Cesium was already installed, there was no problem. -- This might be hard to reproduce...

Also, when you delete Cesium from Cesium, it goes to the homescreen after pressing CLEAR, but when you resend the installer and run it, it says that the App already exists, even though it doesn't show up in the mem menu. After Garbage Collecting, the installer executes, but an error: validation occurs. The App installs properly though.

I changed a few Cesium settings, TIConnect CE said "u" and "r1" were 21 kb and 65 kb, respectively (or reveersed...). When I recalled 'u', I got ERROR, SYNTAX, pressed "Goto". After ~2 min. of waiting... RAM clear.

Also, how do you change the password, is it On-Calc, or via .asm file edits/recompiling?

And what is the default password? (tried looking through asm files, I found nothing)

And what about the main text color thing? Smile
SM84CE; please do not take items from the repo. The issue is that you were using an old setting file with a new configuration, which corrupted all your items. Not an issue; but just an issue that only the prereleased versions should be tested Razz

The password is configurable if you read the readme; and the default password is also in the readme under "Shortcuts".

The main color of text will not be configurable as of yet.

Anyway; here's a new pre-release for you all to try Smile It adds a bunch of new and fun support for things; so feel free to give it a try. If there are no major bugs I'll release this as a stable version. (After I add support for running unsquished hex programs). Cesium should also be compatible with ICE now too.

https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/releases/tag/v2.3.9
Oh, sorry, should have used Cesium "fresh" (reinstall config too), I'll do that now. Sorry for the confusion.

EDIT: It works now, no corruption. Guess it was my fault. Now I'll poke around the code to see if I can get some info to show up on the Password screen too.

For this file: https://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1607
Graphics and plot is good, but one thing: I was playing the game, which was in RAM, from Cesium (V2.3.9, Pre-Release), and the calc APD'd. When I pressed [ON], I got an ERROR: MEMORY. I pressed [1] (Quit), but the error came up again, and again. I pressed [2nd][ON], and it turned off, and wouldn't turn on, even when I unplugged and plugged it back in. This forced me to reset the calc, and it turned on, with no other problems, except for the game being deleted.

edited by mod
I don't know if this is just me but On+Stat prompts the Password before the calculator even turns off...
#Tankidaboss wrote:
I don't know if this is just me but On+Stat prompts the Password before the calculator even turns off...

Does it turn off though; before you can enter the password?
No
#Tankidaboss wrote:
No

We have SAX here for a reason Wink
I found a bug where you can press the buttons to hide, lock, hide, and rename Directories and apps. But when you try to save your changes, Cesium quits and gives an Undefined error (in 8bpp mode).
I see that too, and also, the hooks don't work. I have V2.3.9, the one from the link above. This one was a clean install, I deleted the old version and the old setting AppVar. I have the keypad shortcuts box checked, tried un-checking, then re-checking.

I uninstalled Cesium and deleted the settings AppVar, then reinstalled it. That didn't work either.

EDIT: 100th post! Smile Smile
I also have v2.3.9, but it works. I have none of the bugs mentioned above except for the apps and directories things.
Has the OS deleting bug been found and squashed yet? Very Happy Or am I the only one who has run into this problem?
john35588 wrote:
Has the OS deleting bug been found and squashed yet? Very Happy Or am I the only one who has run into this problem?

It has. It was caused by an incorrect app format.

As for the others; I'll squash those as well Smile Any reasonable feature requests?
Thank you for the hard work on Cesium, (and for saving my calculator)! What version of Cesium is the newest that I can help find bugs on? Very Happy
john35588 wrote:
Thank you for the hard work on Cesium, (and for saving my calculator)! What version of Cesium is the newest that I can help find bugs on? Very Happy

https://github.com/mateoconlechuga/cesium/releases/tag/v2.3.9

This one here Smile Best of luck on the bug finding!
Well, password lock could have some additional info on-screen, like that file, how far is it from being implemented?
Also, make it more customizable! (Rainbow theme Smile)

Hope this isn't too much!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 22, 23, 24  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 24
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours