Thanks to the conversation, I am seriously considering ditching the APP- perhaps in favor of a more advanced calling system that uses a bit more memory (less than an APP). Developers/Interested Users can surely read the documentation.

*Still wants functions*
So how are the routines going to be called?
I think a good way to do it would be passing parameters into a listwise Ans and then calling some program (say prgmZZIDIOM) that sets up variables and calls any of a number of subprograms. These routines are going to be BASIC, correct?
"I am seriously considering ditching the APP- perhaps in favor of a more advanced calling system that uses a bit more memory (less than an APP)".

Yeah, that's how I'll do it.... I considered it before but since I had the APP going, I was denying it.
Heh, ok. I think you're better off with it not being an app/.
Maybe the list should have as the first element the number of the routine and the other elements are the parameters for the routine. You said on the other forums that it would be prgmF* where * is the routine number, but the list way is more efficient and requires less programs.
Yeah, I am going to do that way.
That's definitely the better . I think XLib uses a similar schema.
Wait I just thought of something. Wouldn't the way I suggested would slow down the program since it has to look through Basil for the correct routine?
something1990 wrote:
Wait I just thought of something. Wouldn't the way I suggested would slow down the program since it has to look through Basil for the correct routine?
No matter how this is done, it's going to take a toll on speed. Unless you want to make separate programs for each routine (which undermines the purpose of the program), this is the best you are going to do.
Making separate programs for each routine was his original plan. This isn't looking like such a nice idea anymore.
I am planning to test a scanning program, if it is too slow, I will cancel Basil until I come up with something better.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours