In the future, please edit the previous post, instead of making another one. This keeps the post count down while still allowing you to ask your question, while also combining shorter posts and removing clutter Smile
Ok so I've tried out a few ports and stuff of Mario and I've noticed a trend in all of them.

Bad collision mechanics.

So a tip I have for your program is to refine the collision mechanics (if you haven't done this already) or I will have to break a window.

Edit: I actually am considering buying a TI-84 plus CE just for this one program.
FaZe Cheeks wrote:
Edit: I actually am considering buying a TI-84 plus CE just for this one program.

Keep in mind that this program isn't done, and might never be. Mateo is a very busy man.
If he released the current progress and source, I'd be fine. If he finished it, I'd be exploding with happiness. But if this project goes dead and buried like Super Mario 84, I'll host a funeral and cry.
Dudeman313 wrote:
If he released the current progress and source, I'd be fine. If he finished it, I'd be exploding with happiness. But if this project goes dead and buried like Super Mario 84, I'll host a funeral and cry.

There already is an old version of the source? Everything I have is open source Wink
Oh. Well, then I'm fine, but as anxious for progress as I am for Doors CE's release Very Happy .
Is there anything in particular you're working with that's taking awhile, or is this on hold for the time being, like Pac-Man CE?
The last thing I remember was that Mateo was working on his C IDE and libraries, right?

If anything, those tools will make C development much easier, so perhaps he's waiting until those are fully functional before resuming work on other projects? Wink
Where is the source, though?
Confused
Dudeman313 wrote:
Where is the source, though?
Confused
You can find the link in the first post on this thread Smile
Dudeman313 wrote:

Well, lets just hope that doesn't happen...
Thankfully...if it does....somebody can pick it back up with the released source Wink
I don't know anyone with ez80 knowledge that has enough time to work on it. Sad
I don't currently have plans to pick up on this particular project, however I have a couple of different platform game ideas down the track.

There are just never enough hours in the day! Sad
I might do something similar in C (with Mateo's permission) when the tilemapping update for the graphing library comes out. No promises, however Smile

Quote:
the tilemapping engine has already been added to the C library

This was from September... were you working on the libraries all the way back then?
KingInfinity wrote:
I might do something similar in C (with Mateo's permission) when the tilemapping update for the graphing library comes out. No promises, however Smile

Quote:
the tilemapping engine has already been added to the C library

This was from September... were you working on the libraries all the way back then?

I was. I removed it for a bit because I like to make sure I can make everything better Smile
are you guys still working on Mario for the CE? I cant wait!
I think they are not so sure about that but probably
So, anything new, Mateo? I can't wait for mario! Smile
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:

Don't rush Mateo. He's a very busy man. He works on many things that sometimes, he never finishes them. FYI, some people don't like these types of comments inside of their Forum...
tringuyen0924 wrote:
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:

Don't rush Mateo. He's a very busy man. He works on many things that sometimes, he never finishes them. FYI, some people don't like these types of comments inside of their Forum...
I'd say that Mateo finishes projects more than 90% of the people in this community! The C libraries and toolchain are his work, he made the first TI-84 Plus CE shell, and despite his heavy college workload he has focused the majority of his time on the community instead. Smile I know he's been adding tilemapping libraries to the C library set, so perhaps he'll be interested in making a Mario-like demo in C (or inspiring others to do so!).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours