I would like to volunteer as a beta tester also! Smile
I'm just waiting for more progress. This is so cool, and I just really want to play it.
dudeman313 who doesnt want that?
it already looks amazing
If can help beta-testing, feel free to ask!
Two Questions: First, will this work on a ti-84 plus c silver edition?
And when do you think this will be finished?
If it does work in ti-84 pcse then I can help with beta testing.
This is kind of a big request but I really would appreciate it if you could do this: port it to ti-84 pcse if it isn't compatible with it. I really want to play this on my calculator.
FaZe Cheeks wrote:
Two Questions: First, will this work on a ti-84 plus c silver edition?
And when do you think this will be finished?
If it does work in ti-84 pcse then I can help with beta testing.
This is kind of a big request but I really would appreciate it if you could do this: port it to ti-84 pcse if it isn't compatible with it. I really want to play this on my calculator.
Unfortunately it won't be TI-84+CSE compatible in colour form, due to the CSE not having enough processing speed.

However, the original 83+/84+ monochrome versions could be ported to the CSE, albeit with monochrome graphics, with the assistance of another project of Mateo's Smile
His port to the CSE can be downloaded on the page https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11241&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=60, but it is very slow because it was ported.
If you REALLY want to play this on your ti-84 pcse, you can just take the original mario rom file and use Ti-Boy CSE by calc84maniac to emulate a gameboy, in fact, I've done this before so here is censored by censoring admin to save you the hassle of downloading some rom off the internet and stuff. Just send it to your calculator, but be warned, it is horrendously slow. You should take the time to read about it a little to know what the keys are.
EDIT: seems like this is heavily frowned upon, so your're on your own.
note to self: don't share things that are ambiguously illegal XD
mr womp womp wrote:
If you REALLY want to play this on your ti-84 pcse, you can just take the original mario rom file and use Ti-Boy CSE by calc84maniac to emulate a gameboy, in fact, I've done this before so here is censored by censoring admin to save you the hassle of downloading some rom off the internet and stuff. Just send it to your calculator, but be warned, it is horrendously slow. You should take the time to read about it a little to know what the keys are.

That's nice of you and all to put this out there, but isn't that illegal? I'm pretty sure it is illegal to transfer .rom files across the internet. Also, maybe I clicked the wrong link, but when I hit download, nothing happened, then Webroot came up with a malicious file warning. Might not have anything to do with your link, but just as a warning to others.
DWMelon wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

That's nice of you and all to put this out there, but isn't that illegal? I'm pretty sure it is illegal to transfer .rom files across the internet. Also, maybe I clicked the wrong link, but when I hit download, nothing happened, then Webroot came up with a malicious file warning. Might not have anything to do with your link, but just as a warning to others.

It might be illegal (I don't know), but you know... lots of things are hahah Razz I doubt nintendo really cares about people doing this however, since first of all, it's a very old game which probably doesn't bring back much revenue anymore, and they don't have anything available for calculators, so they aren't losing any money from me distributing this. Either way, these are very readily available so nintendo isn't doing a very good job at protecting this particular game if that's what they aim to do.
mr womp womp wrote:
DWMelon wrote:
mr womp womp wrote:

It might be illegal (I don't know), but you know... lots of things are hahah Razz I doubt nintendo really cares about people doing this however, since first of all, it's a very old game which probably doesn't bring back much revenue anymore, and they don't have anything available for calculators, so they aren't losing any money from me distributing this. Either way, these are very readily available so nintendo isn't doing a very good job at protecting this particular game if that's what they aim to do.

That may be true, but it remains illegal. You *can* get in trouble for posting it, and Cemetech can get cited for keeping it up. The only saving grace is posting a copy exclusively for the TI, in which case the market effect clause of Fair Use covers you.
If he does intend to finish it, I'd like to know what the Mario sprites would look like. It'd be nice to see them looking like the ones in the never completed Super Mario 84. The only demo release is on MaxCoderz.
mr womp womp wrote:
I doubt nintendo really cares about people doing this however, since first of all, it's a very old game which probably doesn't bring back much revenue anymore.

Nintendo is especially known to get butthurt over this crap. As evidenced by this link here, which claims all ROMs and emulators are illegal. Since we don't like to discuss illegal activity here, I think this discussion should be tabled.

1. Please don't post ROMs: it's illegal, unless it's a homebrew game whose license permits sharing. Obviously Mario doesn't fall into that category.
  2. If you're (correctly) telling someone else off for posting ROMs, please don't quote the offending link. It just makes the admins' jobs harder when we come through to clean up.
elfprince13 wrote:
If you're (correctly) telling someone else off for posting ROMs, please don't quote the offending link. It just makes the admins' jobs harder when we come through to clean up.

That link is a Nintendo legal page, not a ROM Smile
KingInfinity wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
If you're (correctly) telling someone else off for posting ROMs, please don't quote the offending link. It just makes the admins' jobs harder when we come through to clean up.

That link is a Nintendo legal page, not a ROM.

I think that point was directed to the 3 posts above yours that quoted the original link.
This is getting a bit off topic, isn't it?

When might we see some nice progress, like enemies, pickups, and Mario in the game?

I'm pretty sure all of us CE owners are dying to try this game, finished or not, because I am! Smile
Dudeman313 wrote:

I'm pretty sure all of us CE owners are dying to try this game, finished or not, because I am! Smile

I don't even care if the game is just a blank level by beta; I'll take it!
Alright, thanks to everybody for answering my question, and thank you all for the very prompt responses.
mr womp womp wrote:
EDIT: seems like this is heavily frowned upon, so your're on your own.
note to self: don't share things that are ambiguously illegal XD

And when you emulate, is it full speed or is it kinda laggy?
EDIT: Of course it is Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours