This will not directly work on the CSE from this current codebase, as they run 2 different processors, and the screen on the CSE is not memory mapped like the CE is, so there would be some big changes needed to the way it displays data, I'm sure.
tifreak8x wrote:
This will not directly work on the CSE from this current codebase, as they run 2 different processors, and the screen on the CSE is not memory mapped like the CE is, so there would be some big changes needed to the way it displays data, I'm sure.

so it will be pretty hard to port it?
tristris389 wrote:
will this work on the CSE?
Please read the first post in this topic, which specifies that it's a TI-84 Plus CE program, made possible by the hardware and speed of the CE. Thanks!
When this is complete, will we be able to change tile sprites and stuff?
Eightx84 wrote:
When this is complete, will we be able to change tile sprites and stuff?

Yes, of course. It already can, but I kind of like the default tile set. Smile
I was wondering how you are handling key detection? Has anyone been working on a general getKey routine for the CE? Also which Mario game did you base your tiles off?
Key Detection:

Code:
GetKeys:
 ld hl,DI_Mode
 ld (hl),2
 xor a,a
scan:
 cp a,(hl)
 jr nz,scan

ld a,(kbdg1)
 bit kbit2nd,a
 jp nz,PlaceBlock
 res 4,(iy+LCDFlgs)
 bit kbitDel,a
 jp nz,FullExit
 ld a,(kbdg7)
 ld (keypress),a
 bit kbdDown,a
 call nz,down
 ld a,(keypress)
 bit kbdLeft,a
 call nz,left
 ld a,(keypress)
 bit kbdRight,a
 call nz,right
 ld a,(keypress)
 bit kbdUp,a
 call nz,up
 jr MainLoop

I'm using the tiles from Super Mario 3 Advance 4. Smile

Also, this is how my custom getKey is going:

Code:
GetKeys:
 ld hl,DI_Mode
 ld (hl),2
 xor a,a
scan:
 cp a,(hl)
 jr nz,scan

ld a,(kbdg1)
 bit kbit2nd,a
 jp nz,PlaceBlock
 res 4,(iy+LCDFlgs)
 bit kbitDel,a
 jp nz,FullExit
 bit kbitGraph,a
 jp nz,SelectTileTable
 ld a,(keypress)
 ld e,a
 ld a,(kbdg7)
 or a,a
 jr z,ResetKeys
 cp e
 jr z,incrementkeywait
_:
 ld (keypress),a
 bit kbdLeft,a
 call nz,left
 ld a,(keypress)
 bit kbdRight,a
 call nz,right
 ld a,(keypress)
 bit kbdUp,a
 call nz,up
 jr MainLoop
incrementkeywait:
 bit 5,(iy+LCDFlgs)
 jr nz,-_
 ld a,(keywait)
 inc a
 ld (keywait),a
 cp 0Dh
 jr nz,MainLoop
 set 5,(iy+LCDFlgs)
 xor a
 ld (keywait),a
 jp MainLoop
ResetKeys:
 ld hl,MainLoop
ResetKeys2:
 xor a
 ld (keypress),a
 res 5,(iy+LCDFlgs)
 jp (hl)

keywait:
 .db 0
Wow! I just watched the video and it looks amazing. I like how stuff like the coins and the question marks are actually moving, so there is motion even when the screen isn't being shifted over. I can't wait to download all of this stuff you are making for the TI-84+CE!
Hi Mateo, do you think prizm could be capable to run this if it was ported in C for it please? Many thanks
amazonka wrote:
Hi Mateo, do you think prizm could be capable to run this if it was ported in C for it please? Many thanks

Well, I know next to nothing about the prizm for some reason, and since it supports C I also therefore assume it supports some form of assembly? I do think I might actually just use the assembly routines that I need, and then use C to do all the other work, but I haven't decided yet. That actually isn't a bad idea. At least for the CE, things like drawing sprites and tile engines still need to be written in assembly.
I love these projects Mateo, very inspiring!
This is awesome!
One day I will own a TI84+CE, then I'll help test this out.
Maybe I should start messing around with my NDS (again) while I still don't have one (TI84+CE)..

EDIT: Changed structure of post.
add wrote:
Maybe I should start messing around with my NDS (again) while I still don't have one (TI84+CE)..
Agreed! Guess that means i'll have to brush up on my C, again, heh.

Mateo, your projects are all really great, i'm not really sure how you handle so many things at once, though. TI should really be paying you for all this work you've done and for making so many people want to buy their own CE just to try out your stuff.
hahahahahaha I would ask to be a tester but I suck at games Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SO, how do I sign up to help test this out?
Mateo, you never cease to amaze. Don't give up on a project as awesome as this! The whole Cemetech community is rooting for ya, especially the ones who do have a CE (like me, for example).

It's even better that it's open-source. Is there a github page so that other users can contribute? Very Happy
this looks awesome
cant wait if this is finished... my calculators buttons will be done for
updates?
https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12010

^ Mateo's status, for now.
*necrobump*

Well, since Mateo's back....

Mateo: Will you continue to work on this? I would love to see it finished, and am willing to be a beta tester, since I have a CE.
so happy he's back

I think this has the potential to reach the number one spot of best game ever on a calculator

Also i am willing to beta test aswell

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours