So, I'm looking for some decent video editing software that's free, preferably.

I haven't spent a ton of time looking, found http://www.nchsoftware.com/videopad/ as a first shot. Wondering what else you all might recommend for such work?
What exactly do you want to do with it? That will probably inform the ultimate choice.

Wikipedia has a handy list in the meantime.
Well, for the 1.9 map of Cemetech Minecraft, and for another server I'm working on things, I'd like to make recording of progress of things for builds or just cool things I find. Would like to be able to add some effects, speed up video, or just cut out sections. Mostly basic stuff.
Try out Movie Maker.
It lets you adjust speed and such things, (Fade in/Out effects and so on), you can cut videos and its special power is: You can lay several layers of pictures, videos and sound on top of each other. The result gets then compiled to a datatype of your choice. Personally I used it once at school at a more or less long exercise to add sound to a sound less TV spot. I am not sure about all the effects, but if you have the data (Sounds and so on) you should be able to do nice effects.
Probably there are better choices, this is the only one I tried, but I liked it.
Go here: https://hitfilm.com/express
It is free for a short period and it has all the video editing features you need, and even some advanced compositing. Hope this helped Very Happy
Well, I don't want free for a short period, I plan on long term editing, if I can handle it. I just want some decent options to look through, see what might work the best.
Once you get it, its free forever. Sorry about the wording.
There are lots of awesome free choices such as Pitivi, Lightworks, Cinelerra, KDEnlive. You can also use Blender as a video editor. Also note that this is not an inclusive list. I recommend you google open source video editing software lots of them. It is all free.
For all my YouTube videos, I use:
1) FFSplit if I need to record my computer screen
2) My phone to record AVI video
3) [Windows] Movie Maker to put it all together
4) Audacity where needed for narration.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours