you failed because of the uncorrected code apparently as when i typed what it sayed and it failed, and it does i know but to turn it into a gamne you need to take some out then let them add them back in, then checking it again so that is the checking i plan to do in the added program elements
I didn't make a full game, just a generator. And dude, the fault was with SC2, not the program itself. I didn't type it in by hand.
What does the deltalist command do?

Also it probably is possible to randomly remove about 2-3 characters and then turn a solver into a program to work backwords after that...
i know, and i was going to make a full game from it unless you do not want that
Harq: deltalist takes a list of N elements, then creates a list of N-1 elements of which each Xth element contains the difference between the first list's Xth and X+1th element.
So basically if the input was say

The output would be

-2,6,-3,4

Is this correct?
it works and works Kerm but it never finishes, please help, it is your code but it is not working in like even 10 minutes for me
LOL i have left mine on for atleast 40 minutes and it still is working and working... you code does not quite work all the time, Kerm Surprised

I just turned it off and looked at the matrix that it made, it was about 1/3 - 1/2 all zeroes, even though it had been working so long (it said it was on row 8 and column 7)
i made a working game based on the code, but Kerm forgot the 1-9 in a three by three square rule, i have not fixed that, if anybody wants i can post code soon. one other problem is that it is a somewhat patterned sudoku do to my way of generating random numbers.
Huh, this is why I shouldn't write ten-minute programs without sufficiently testing them. Smile I'll work on a better algorithm
ok then i might weork on one to, it might be a big long algorithem though
Fair enough. I'm thinking of making it create 9 3x3 squares, then checking them and combining them simultaneously.
cool, that should work
That's what I think too. What's your plan?
brute force overnight, make 2 sudokus at a time, though i admit it is unefficiant, i might make it work better later
Brute force? Ugh. Sad I want to make mine as efficient and intelligent as possible, even if it makes it larger.
i know but i am not to expirianced with algorithems for number games, so i will start as brute force then change it as much as possible to a speed optimised program
That may work. I say good luck to you.
Anyway, we should get this contest underway. Who wants to lead it, or should I?
i could help judge things on a TI84+SE, or maybe even collect them by email, or other help. tell me if you need any help.

Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours