Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Plz 2 avoid making me lock this topic until I have another update.

oh cill out, jeez, so uptight Razz
Aren't you the one who gets all annoyed at n00bish/offtopic topics? Laughing
KermMartian wrote:
Aren't you the one who gets all annoyed at n00bish/offtopic topics? Laughing

o.0 no, i'm the one arguing not to lock topics because off-topic threads are fun.... Cool
i kinda agree unless the subject is inopropriate do not get rid of or lock off topic threads just move them to off topic or in the case of inopropriate matters delete them
Aaaanyway, atm I'm working on making the horizontal scrollbar routine. I'm trying a different method than my vertical scrollbar, since I'm trying to get it as optimized for speed & size as possible.
cool.

same gfx Im assuming?
Indeedy. And when I finish that, it's the multiline text input and I'm done. The hard part with multiline text input is that I want to try to reuse existing routines as much as possible without slowing it down too much.
for the scrollbars I am assuming you merely slide all the pixels up/down or left/right and then redraw the portions that were offscreen rather than redrawing the entire thing?
Actually, bitmasking and moving the pixels is slower then just redrawing the dither grid, the rectangle, and the slider sprite.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours