Thanks for that suggestion, Pizzaboy. I did a lot of research, installed Eclipse, tried to build that plugin, found that WorldGuard no longer works with WGCustomFlags, researched the WorldGuard 6.1 API for setting and getting flags, and discovered that plugins still cannot specify their own custom flags. I ended up punting on developing us a custom NerdFlags plugin, instead creating the WorldGuard regions necessary to allow only the buttons for getting on and off the rails to work, with help from Pizzaboy and comicIDIOT. We also put together a new system for choosing whether to go left or right after a station, with a lever instead of the item frames on which we have no way to allow rotation.

It looks like we're nearly ready for that soft launch:
  • After 1.9 launch, whitelist 1.8 world, copy spawn and cities into existing Museum World, terraform as necessary.
  • Get updated MultiVerse and set up Museum World portal
  • Import Museum World into 1.9 server
  • Archive and disable 1.8 server
Comic, I see that the Blaze catch rate is 0%. Did you explicitly disable catching Blazes for some reason, or was that just a default? If the latter, I'm going to turn it on again if you have no objections, because there's no particular extra challenge to having Blazes being the one uncatchable mob. Smile
I did not. Blazes were at a 0% catch rate because (1) the nether was disabled and (2) Blaze Rods were purchasable within the spawn shops on 1.8. I believe it was an oversight when the config file was copied over to 1.9 Smile

KermMartian wrote:
We also put together a new system for choosing whether to go left or right after a station, with a lever instead of the item frames on which we have no way to allow rotation.

I warned you about that early on Razz
You sure did. Sad

*bump* Here's a radical idea. To help build momentum (#FeedTheLoop!) on the server, how do you guys feel about using GAListener and Votifier 1.9 to reward people for voting for the server on places like PlanetMinecraft (which is allowed up to once per day)? I've played on other servers where you got valuable item(s) for each daily vote, and it was a good incentive for voting. Thoughts?
The million dollar question though is do we want to advertise our server on PlanetMinecraft, or should we keep it to a close group of people that we invite as needed? Beyond that, it could be a nice system to have in place if we feel the need to.
My concern is that we didn't want to force users to register on our forum in order to participate but now we're offering incentives for them to register on another site and vote? It may not be "Pay to Win" but it sure feels like it. I think we should reach out to the servers who participate in this and ask if they have seen any increase in misbehavior or trolls.

Since Towny isn't a huge player in the server this time around I'm seeing that it's increasingly hard for users to keep to themselves. There have been mines explored and stripped that another user was working in, but that user happened to be offline during all of that. There have also been stuff from chests that have been taken.

I don't think we have the proper set up to support more people. I could, of course, give mods the ability to use LogBlock in-game but I'm still so-so on that because if they die with that tool in their inventory someone else could pick it up and use it covertly. Maybe we consider making Towny considerably cheaper with no upkeep aside from Nations? This might be something better suited for a mod discussion though.

KermMartian wrote:
I've played on other servers where you got valuable item(s) for each daily vote, and it was a good incentive for voting.

What were those items? I don't want it to be something like if they vote they get a ST book, an ender pearl, lapis ore, etc.
I do have to agree with Comic, it does start to be "Pay to Win", and as well as a bonus for those that have been around longer and those that can log in more often. Add to that 2nd accounts that some people (yes, I know I am one) have advantage wise. I still want to have Hawthe available in game for certain functions (having a 2nd view of builds, especially redstone where I need to watch output from a distance, is extremely helpful), so we would need something definitive about those as well.

Towny needs to be balanced with the rate of income, that is for sure (not implying it isn't). I know the last server it was easy to have it high because the economy item was renewable and farmable. Now, it is not (outside of Abba World/Border Expansion). Could be made cheaper to balance it.

I looked a bit at LogBlock, and it isn't a tool that someone would need on them that often. Couldn't the mods have the ability to get the tool when needed, and then destroy it when they are done checking things? This way, under normal gameplay the tool would not be accessible to other players on a death (and, I don't see a mod keeping it on themselves if they didn't need it at the moment anyways).
indeed, a mod/admin can simply type in the command to get the tool, then toss in lava when finished.
I wasn't aware there was a command, I just always fished it out of the creative inventory since it's just, literally, a piece of bedrock. But Elemental was saying something about "This tool isn't usable" or something. I don't know what he had but maybe those with perms can only use it. In that case, I'd be more open to giving them permissions. Also, once we ever get the player stats working I could always see who picked up Bedrock and then - maybe? - remove it from their inventory.

But gee, it'd be nice to have a web based logger so I could see if bedrock was put in any chests rather than go around and find every chest. :P
comic: https://github.com/LogBlock/LogBlock/wiki/Commands
comic, it's /lb tool, I think? It gives a pickaxe (did for me on 1.8 as an owner) to which I got to see all kinds of data on blocks and chests. That's the tool I've been asking for to be able to use :p
Just saying, GalListener gives a lot of errors on 1.9 and has became a premium plugin on spigot.

That aside, I don't like the idea of voting each day on the server, it just consumes my time (of course highly valuable Very Happy ) that I could spend on playing minecraft in the server. If it stays with 1 site it might be ok but I've seen servers where you need to vote on 7 different sites. And that takes a while!

The influx of players from PMC might not be the players we want. Chests are not protected from non-members (afaik) and no enderchests they can just come on the server and steal our valueable stuff. However, there might also be a small percentage of players who are the people we want but they become difficulter to find in the "mass" of new players.
Tossing this up here, see what the interest from the other users might be:

https://www.spigotmc.org/resources/better-beds.1824/
tifreak8x wrote:

Bumping, as it has been a bit with no replies from anyone. :<
Looks likes a nice plugin to install. I like it! Smile

Alex wrote:
I don't think we have the proper set up to support more people. I could, of course, give mods the ability to use LogBlock in-game but I'm still so-so on that because if they die with that tool in their inventory someone else could pick it up and use it covertly. Maybe we consider making Towny considerably cheaper with no upkeep aside from Nations? This might be something better suited for a mod discussion though.

Maybe you could make it so that only mods can use it. Last I checked, I couldn't use TNT on the 1.8 server, so do the same thing here and make everyone unable to use LogBlock but the mods. Or is it not possible to do this on the 1.9 server?
Different function, things were ironed out.
tifreak8x wrote:

I think this would be a cool plugin to have Smile I love how it calculates the majority online so not everyone has to sleep
Selena wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:

I think this would be a cool plugin to have Smile I love how it calculates the majority online so not everyone has to sleep
I agree that it's cool, but since we don't even let staff set the time to day, I'm not sure it quite fits with the ethos of our server.
Well, it's not a matter of changing the time of day, if just one person is on, they can sleep the night away. If more than one person is on, then everyone has to agree to sleeping. This would allow just a majority of them to do so, and allow people to keep working during the day :p

But, it is of course up to our admins on whether this would be allowed.
tifreak8x wrote:
Well, it's not a matter of changing the time of day, if just one person is on, they can sleep the night away. If more than one person is on, then everyone has to agree to sleeping. This would allow just a majority of them to do so, and allow people to keep working during the day :p

But, it is of course up to our admins on whether this would be allowed.

I think the concept is cool. When in Single Player I almost always sleep the night away when I'm working above ground. But when I'm in the caves and I'm facing mobs regardless of the time I don't bother. I also think you're trying to find a solution to a very minor inconvenience for a very select portion of our player base.

However, we do have the Chairs plugin...

Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours