comicIDIOT wrote:
I'm not going to reply to your post just yet, as I want others to weigh in, but I do want to address the chances of catching a mob which are entirely configurable in the appropriate config.yml with 0% being possible. Not sure if we can do fractions though. Something to test or research I suppose.
You can set any catch probability. I'm inclined to not want to turn the chance down for dispensers, though, because I believe that would just push people who are making machines that automatically catch mobs to create larger chicken->egg farms to compensate for the wasted eggs.
I don't know if the probability is toggle-able between player and a dispenser. I think with a gray listed server we would put some trust in our players to keep a respectable chicken farm.

Elemental wrote:
comicIDIOT wrote:

I realize egg catching is a pivotal part of the server. How would folks feel if I lowered the chance of a catch? To reiterate, I feel like the 100% catch rate we have on 1.8 of allowed mobs is way too generous. Maybe up to a 50% chance for the common mobs and, at most a 1% chance for the rare ones. With 0% for certain mobs like Ghasts, Withers, etc.

Maybe less than 50% to make the ability to change spawners a bit more special? Maybe up to 30%?

10% Zombie
10% Skeleton
05% Creeper
05% Zombie Pigman
05% Guardian
01% Ghast
01% Witch
01% Wither Skeleton

Since the 1.8 server seems to be dead now, I changed Zombies to 10% and Skeletons to 30% chance of capture. Changes will take affect after the daily restart on March 10th. But I can manually reload the config if folks want me to.

These are the values as they stand now:

Code:
CatchChance:
  Pig: 100.0
  Sheep: 100.0
  MushroomCow: 100.0
  Cow: 100.0
  Chicken: 100.0
  Squid: 100.0
  Wolf: 100.0
  Creeper: 0.0
  Skeleton: 30.0
  CaveSpider: 100.0
  Spider: 100.0
  PigZombie: 100.0
  Zombie: 10.0
  MagmaCube: 100.0
  Slime: 100.0
  Ghast: 0.0
  Enderman: 100.0
  Silverfish: 100.0
  Blaze: 0.0
  Villager: 100.0
  Ocelot: 100.0
  Witch: 100.0
  Bat: 100.0
  Horse: 100.0
  Endermite: 100.0
  Guardian: 100.0
  Rabbit: 100.0

Code:
HealthPercentage:
  Pig: 100.0
  Sheep: 100.0
  MushroomCow: 100.0
  Cow: 100.0
  Chicken: 100.0
  Squid: 100.0
  Wolf: 100.0
  Creeper: 100.0
  Skeleton: 100.0
  CaveSpider: 100.0
  Spider: 100.0
  PigZombie: 100.0
  Zombie: 100.0
  MagmaCube: 100.0
  Slime: 100.0
  Ghast: 100.0
  Enderman: 100.0
  Silverfish: 100.0
  Blaze: 100.0
  Villager: 100.0
  Ocelot: 100.0
  Witch: 100.0
  Bat: 100.0
  Horse: 100.0
  Endermite: 100.0
  Guardian: 100.0
  Rabbit: 100.0
I have installed ChestShop, Essentials, GroupManager, EssentialsSpawn, iConomy Recreation, Vault, ChairsReloaded, EggCatcher, and Vault. I haven't really done any configuration yet.
did someone suggest keep inventory?
stickybutton wrote:
To keep the difficulty on the harder side and make people more careful about not dying with valuable items, I'm inclined to not want such a plugin. Other opinions?

Since my previous post, I also installed Statistics and DynMap.
KermMartian wrote:
stickybutton wrote:
To keep the difficulty on the harder side and make people more careful about not dying with valuable items, I'm inclined to not want such a plugin. Other opinions?

Keep inventory is a gamerule, not a plugin.
Ivoah wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
stickybutton wrote:

To keep the difficulty on the harder side and make people more careful about not dying with valuable items, I'm inclined to not want such a gamerule. Other opinions?
I would love to have that gamerule, but it would ruin the survival style of the server, I think.
It removes all risk from playing the game, if you know what I mean. Wink

Maybe if a player dies to another player in a set pvp match they keep their stuff?
Adding such gamerule would make mining too easy, since you wouldn't have to worry about dipping yourself in lava or gravel falling on you. I vote no.
KermMartian wrote:
Ivoah wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
stickybutton wrote:

To keep the difficulty on the harder side and make people more careful about not dying with valuable items, I'm inclined to not want such a gamerule. Other opinions?

While I personally like playing with keepinventory true, I don't think it fits the style of the cemetech server, as it takes the risks out of mining and exploring.
Thanks, everyone. I'm glad we're on the same page. And I hope we'll be seeing you all when we launch the 1.9 server!
*bump* WorldGuard, WorldEdit, and Towny still need to be installed, and all of the installed plugins need to be configured. I believe we're planning to try to finish up much of the remaining spawn work tonight during/after HCWP.
*bump* Installed those plugins, and spent a lot of time configuring most of the plugins. Plenty still to do before and after launch:
  • Test chest shops and understand how they work.
  • Test Towny
  • Build server spawn shop for economy item, test
  • Define /warp newbie; finalize /spawn location
  • Add server chest shop for minecarts at spawn stations?
  • Set WorldGuard flags on spawn, test
  • Set WorldGuard flags on global world, test
  • Check proper functionality and delays (and disability) of /spawn, /tp, /tpa, /town spawn, /home, /sethome.
  • Create nether portal. TODO(Elemental): Make the platform/welcome area in the Nether.
  • Test item rotation in item frames in Spawn -> find a way to allow it in stations, or shrink spawn protection
  • Test lighter usage outside of Spawn.
  • Solve use of ChestShops by Spectators and Members.
  • Find IRC plugin
  • Get updated MultiVerse and set up Museum World portal
  • After 1.9 launch, whitelist 1.8 world, copy spawn and cities into existing Museum World, terraform as necessary.
  • Import Museum World into 1.9 server
  • Archive and disable 1.8 server

Did I miss anything?
Do you have time today to do any of this? I'll be happy to help test things. Also, after we whitelist the 1.8 world, I'm going to give tifreak8x Admin privileges so he can teleport around for videos and stuff.
I tested /spawn, /sethome, and /home and they worked flawlessly.
tifreak8x wrote:
Were you able to test that /tpa did not work?

comic: A little bit tonight, a little bit tomorrow, and I'd appreciate your assistance with the remainder. Smile

Edit: Do you guys have feedback (and suggested prices based on the lapis ore value of 100d) on the minecart shop idea?
KermMartian wrote:
tifreak8x wrote:
Were you able to test that /tpa did not work?

comic: A little bit tonight, a little bit tomorrow, and I'd appreciate your assistance with the remainder. Smile

Edit: Do you guys have feedback (and suggested prices based on the lapis ore value of 100d) on the minecart shop idea?

I can help you test tpa if no one is online, tifreak.

Kerm, text me if I'm not responsive on IRC as I may be out and about or preoccupied elsewhere at home. But I should be free until around 11a Pacific.
Kerm: The only person that was around was pyro, and he was in his secret area and didn't want anyone to tp to him. But tpa accept and decline can be tested in seconds with us being on later to work on things in spawn today.
Here's what's left, thanks to work and testing by Pizza, Monkey, Marudok, tifreak, comic, and others:
  • Test item rotation in item frames in Spawn -> find a way to allow it in stations, or shrink spawn protection
  • Test lighter usage outside of Spawn. Thanks, Monkey!
  • Find IRC plugin Thanks to mbaxter of CraftIRC, got CraftIRC working again.
  • Get updated MultiVerse and set up Museum World portal
  • After 1.9 launch, whitelist 1.8 world, copy spawn and cities into existing Museum World, terraform as necessary.
  • Import Museum World into 1.9 server
  • Archive and disable 1.8 server
Individual use flags for worldguard:

https://github.com/NerdNu/NerdFlags
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/worldguard-custom-flags/

Not sure if they are up to date though. Will keep searching for a solution though.

Page 4 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours