Hi, I bought a ti-84 plus a few months ago and have had this problem a while. Every time I try to turn the calculator off it likes to turn itself back on. Sometimes it doesn't and just stays off but mostly it turns back on constantly until i just take the battery out and put it back in. Is this possibly due to the button being sticky or something? It doesn't feel like it is but do i need to open it up and possibly clean it?

Cheers for any advice
I havent heard about your problem, but sometimes my ti 84 doesnt turn off. 2nd On doenst do anything! I have to do a RAM Clear
tem1nat0r wrote:
Hi, I bought a ti-84 plus a few months ago and have had this problem a while. Every time I try to turn the calculator off it likes to turn itself back on. Sometimes it doesn't and just stays off but mostly it turns back on constantly until i just take the battery out and put it back in. Is this possibly due to the button being sticky or something? It doesn't feel like it is but do i need to open it up and possibly clean it?

Cheers for any advice

I would advise that you take the calculator apart and inspect the keypad area for any shorts, especially around the [On] key location.
I know this is really REALLY late, but it wasn't said that this was solved and this is useful info for others who may encounter this problem. I'd like to point out the the link and USB ports will turn on the calculator when something is plugged in.
Comments2010 wrote:
I know this is really REALLY late, but it wasn't said that this was solved and this is useful info for others who may encounter this problem. I'd like to point out the the link and USB ports will turn on the calculator when something is plugged in.

This is the kind of stuff that I forget about and still worry about today Razz

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours