do you like them or at least the idea
yes
 40%  [ 2 ]
no
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

i have made a new wiki and a new yahoo group the links should be in my sig
I like the idea, but it's not really original. There's already WikiTI, and I think it would be better to try to build up a single wiki than start multiple smaller ones.
yeah true, that would be a better idea. What are you going to do though?
Who, me? I think I may start contributing to WikiTI soon, and perhaps try to expand it to include more stuff about the major programs used.
is a user registration needed mine isnt but can be so it is up to the community to keep it spam free and anyone can despam it so no one person needs to, anyway can you upload files to that one? mine you can, and it is simple no overly extavegant tools just the basics.
I'm not sure about file uploads. My only qualm is that I personally prefer MediaWikis for ease-of-use.
i tried to make it one but i ill be going back as it does not work on my server
Do you have PHP 4 or higher and MySQL? If so, you can use it/.
yes i do but it still does not work so i am trying other software
Are you sure that the problem's not just a configuration issue? That's what it sounds like to me...
i am sure i tried it on my test local server and it worked it is a permissions issue as i share the database host with other subscribers.
Oh, ok, that makes sense. Well, good luck with this then; hope it turns out to be a helpful tool for the community
sharing a database, that is odd though, usually you have to share MYSQL with them, but you usually have your own DB
rivereye wrote:
sharing a database, that is odd though, usually you have to share MYSQL with them, but you usually have your own DB
It does sound weird, but his hosting looks pretty dodgy anyway, which could account for that.
granted, it helps make a little more sense
There _are_ hosts that give you a full database (one db) and php support with a few megs of space that might be better for you...
gscm wrote:
I am sure I tried it on my test local server and it worked it is a permissions issue as I share the database host with other subscribers.

He is sharing a server, NOT a database. Jeez, can't you (Kerm and rivereye) read? Rolling Eyes
Kllrnohj wrote:
gscm wrote:
I am sure I tried it on my test local server and it worked it is a permissions issue as I share the database host with other subscribers.

He is sharing a server, NOT a database. Jeez, can't you (Kerm and rivereye) read? Rolling Eyes
Most standard website hosting is shared, unless you're a moderate-sized company. He said the DATABASE host is shared, not the WEBSITE host. Can you read? Laughing
it caught me off gaurd, I missed that part (databese host sharing is done all the time)
KermMartian wrote:
Most standard website hosting is shared, unless you're a moderate-sized company. He said the DATABASE host is shared, not the WEBSITE host. Can you read? Laughing

Quote:

Rolling Eyes

(All shared hosting plans share both the database server and web server.)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours