Hello everyone,

I was wondering, is DOORS being developed on the TI - 84 CE? A lot of programs and games keep telling me that I need DOORS to run them, but when I try to install DOORS CSE it doesn't work because I have the TI - 84 Plus CE and not the TI - 84 Plus C Silver edition.
Short answer: There is no Doors CS/CSE for the TI-84 Plus CE, but I hope there will be. Long answer: There's a special cryptographic number called a "signing key" necessary to create Apps for each calculator, and TI has not yet released the signing key for the TI-84 Plus CE to the community. It's not clear if they will do so, but we certainly hope so! If and when they do, I'll be able to create a Doors CS/CSE for the TI-84 Plus CE.
Wow, Ok. Thanks for your ongoing support. At least the CE supports running assembly programs natively.
MOAR_CORES wrote:
Wow, Ok. Thanks for your ongoing support. At least the CE supports running assembly programs natively.
Yes, we're very happy about that. If and when I get a chance, I hope to be able to start by porting Tetric A to the TI-84 Plus CE. Cemetechians like MateoConLechuga and DrDnar have already begun porting TI-84+CSE ASM programs like RobotFindsKitten, Portal, and Puzzle Frenzy to the new calculator (see http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/84pce/asm/ ).
KermMartian wrote:
MOAR_CORES wrote:
Yes, we're very happy about that. If and when I get a chance, I hope to be able to start by porting Tetric A to the TI-84 Plus CE. Cemetechians like MateoConLechuga and DrDnar have already begun porting TI-84+CSE ASM programs like RobotFindsKitten, Portal, and Puzzle Frenzy to the new calculator (see http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/84pce/asm/ ).

Haha, I already installed all of those, just to see what this calculator is capable of. Playing this in class is going to be very fun. Very Happy
My problem: I use a for loo, enter a 1 each time to the output line. My program craters when it hits the end of the screen( 1o lines on the 84 CE). Is there a way to have it scroll up and add a new line at the end?
Hermannrupprecht, please post code questions in a new topic in an appropriate subforum (for yours, TI-BASIC).
Just wondering, why don't you just make it so you have to use the asm( command? Are shells somehow different?
KermMartian wrote:
Short answer: There is no Doors CS/CSE for the TI-84 Plus CE, but I hope there will be. Long answer: There's a special cryptographic number called a "signing key" necessary to create Apps for each calculator, and TI has not yet released the signing key for the TI-84 Plus CE to the community. It's not clear if they will do so, but we certainly hope so! If and when they do, I'll be able to create a Doors CS/CSE for the TI-84 Plus CE.

An idea i got (which i hope is posible, even if it will reqire some asm exploits) is to convert the app to a group and send it with an installer program. The installer will convert it back into an app and then delete itself/autorun the app/insert any other arbitrary thing here.
Well, this stinks.
I bought a TI-84+CE, and its being delivered today. I use Doors often on my monochrome calc, and I'm pretty bummed about not being able to use Doors on the CE
You will be able to soon; I haven't had much time to work on my Doors C[S]E port lately.
I am so exited for the port.
KermMartian wrote:
Doors C[S]E

I think you need to come up with a final name for it....
I feel like it should be called
Instead of Doors CS or CSE,
Doors CE! I'm so brilliant. I know
or Doors __ 9
Your welcome Very Happy Very Happy Graphing Calculator
willwac wrote:
Well, this stinks.
I bought a TI-84+CE, and its being delivered today. I use Doors often on my monochrome calc, and I'm pretty bummed about not being able to use Doors on the CE

I ended up also getting a nearly free CSE, so I won't have to wait as long!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours