Photon is a turn-based strategy sci-fi game for the TI-84+CSE only. This game uses Doors CSE to run, and can't run on the 84+CE or any other name referring to that calculator. So far you can fight an enemy, upgrade and repair your ship, and travel to different worlds!

►Download not yet available!

►Screenshot v0.3b:

(v0.2b doesn't exist for reasons)
v0.1b:

►Some of the Todo:
*Visible battle damage
*End goal/substance to game

►Completed Todo:
*More than 1 "Explore" screen
*Populate "Explore" screen
*Ship's damage (HP) affecting functions
*Create readme
*Different enemies (using matrixes to draw, even 1 per area)
*Ship's damage (HP) affecting functions
Wow, this looks really cool! Keep it up!
merthsoft wrote:
Wow, this looks really cool! Keep it up!

Thanks merthsoft! I have a lot of great ideas, and I'll sure to make this the best game I've ever made. But that's usually my goal Wink
Agreed Merth! I love the graphics! I still need to download the rest of your games though. Razz
Wow, this looks amazing. Can't wait for a download!

Am I correct in saying that you can't escape from a battle you haven't finished? Hard to tell exactly what's going on in that screenshot, but I assume that that's what the x is for.
M. I. Wright wrote:
Wow, this looks amazing. Can't wait for a download!

Am I correct in saying that you can't escape from a battle you haven't finished? Hard to tell exactly what's going on in that screenshot, but I assume that that's what the x is for.

The character flashing between the x and delta is your ship being repaired. The asterisk after the battle is over is used to signify defeat. You can run from a battle you haven't finished, though.
Ok then... So this is looking really good! Keep it up!
What does it mean when you are changing from WEAPONS to HULL, but they both shoot green stuff at the other guy? How far away are you from finishing?
readroof2 wrote:
What does it mean when you are changing from WEAPONS to HULL, but they both shoot green stuff at the other guy? How far away are you from finishing?

I'm close to finishing.
The "WEAPONS" and "HULL" thing you were talking about is the targeting system. If you target WEAPONS, there's a chance (50% if I'm not mistaken) that the opponent will not fire, as they are temporarily disabled, but does less damage over all. Targeting HULL will do normal damage with no side effects. Targeting BRIDGE has a 50% chance to do more damage than HULL, but the other 50% will do less damage.
I've updated the post in the OP with a new screenshot showing current progress.
This looks really nice. too bad I have a CE, and can't play this...

Other than battling ships, what else will you be able to do? is there any plotline to follow in this game? And also, would there possibly be "auto-target turrets" you can get to add to your ship, besides the default weapons? these having an AI to target whatev on the enemy ship?
Luxen wrote:
This looks really nice. too bad I have a CE, and can't play this...

Other than battling ships, what else will you be able to do? is there any plotline to follow in this game? And also, would there possibly be "auto-target turrets" you can get to add to your ship, besides the default weapons? these having an AI to target whatev on the enemy ship?

Thanks!
There will be a story. The auto-targeting turrets sounds like a great way to implement auto-battling and I will probably add it. If I do, it could be available from the start. Also, you can explore the deep reaches of space and salvage wreckages for EP, but it doesn't always pay.
This looks really cool! I also have a CE, but maybe it will be compatible on DCE9's release?
It should be. If I'm correct, all DoorsCSE games and programs use the same commands that DoorsCE will.
Good job on the game!
Dudeman313 wrote:
This looks really cool! I also have a CE, but maybe it will be compatible on DCE9's release?

Should be.
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
It should be. If I'm correct, all DoorsCSE games and programs use the same commands that DoorsCE will.
Good job on the game!

Yep, the vast majority of CSE programs that use Doors' libs should be directly compatible with the CE once DoorsCE comes out. The only exceptions are programs that use the half-res commands in full-res, but (at least according to the screenshots) this program seems to fit into the vast majority, and seems to remain in half-res mode Smile There is the use of output (with det(12?) instead of DrawString, but I don't think that will be an issue.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours