Something somehow made its way into the glass, it's like a crumb or something. Confused

How do I take the glass off and remove it?
You have to disassemble the calculator in order to reach the underside of the plastic LCD cover. That requires removing the six Torx 6 screws, two Phillips screws, and spudging open the case latches.
KermMartian wrote:
You have to disassemble the calculator in order to reach the underside of the plastic LCD cover. That requires removing the six Torx 6 screws, two Phillips screws, and spudging open the case latches.

I too seem to have some dust gathering up in there, is this like dangerous if I were to just pop it open, wipe it clean and close it back up carefully? how fragile is it in there xD oh and are the sides clipped together like would I risk breaking lil plastic things to get the two halves to split open?
I have the same thing happening. I actually thought that pixels were going out. Razz
The calculator is assembled on one PCB, so it isn't as fragile as the TI-83 Plus. Cleaning the screen is a pretty straightforward process, just use a lint-free cloth and very little pressure; the undersides of the plastic screen covers scratch easily (at least in my non-84C experience), and you don't want to leave any dust left behind by the cleaning cloth.
okay, well I decided to open it up and give it a shot, I used my cleaner of my glasses ( the towel thingy) it worked great! its all dust free in there now, oh and you know there's like the black thing around all the buttons that you can remove? well one of the little plastic clips from that thing had fallen into one of the holes in the calc, and was rattling around inside, I was also able to get that out as well :3

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours