Im gonna try the Terragen 2 release when I get a chance. that supports vegetation so Ill be able to make more realistic looking landscapes.
What, again, is the point of all this landscape generation? Is its purpose simply to use up idle bandwidth and stretch the forum so I have to scroll to the side to read people's responses?
Meh, I personally think Terragen landscapes are pretty pwnsome..
KermMartian wrote:

dude, i found the best landscape generator ever! its totally free, too, and includes a renderer. To get it, you simply walk outside! ZOMG!!! Razz
Can you use these landscapes in programs with directx or opengl? If so how? Would it be like a giant mesh file?
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

dude, I found the best landscape generator ever! its totally free, too, and includes a renderer. To get it, you simply walk outside! ZOMG!!! Razz
Isn't that RLife? I have 1.5, and I think 1.7 beta is around somewhere...
KermMartian wrote:
Isn't that RLife? I have 1.5, and I think 1.7 beta is around somewhere...

Dang, you are running OLD software man! I'm on version 17.10.18
Ugh, that could explain why things get so fuzzy sometimes. Anyway, anyone else used Terragen or a similar app?
looking into it, need to do some other things first
HOLY *censored*

Am i the only one that thinks this is insane???

http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/tgd/decinfo.shtml

In my opinion, those are real pictures (ok they probably are not but still... thats amazing!!!)
ZOMG, that is insanely insane. They're doing a great job with the vegetation effects, all except for that one tree pic next to the cactus that looks slightly lame.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours