PT_ wrote:
If you want to

Done. http://comicidiot.com/cemetech/scspaces.php

I'll format it and stuff in the near-isa future.
Since nobody mentioned it at the time, this appears to have been fixed with a one-character change to the syntax highlighter. I can't reproduce the problem described in the first post in Chrome anymore, and Firefox never exhibited it.
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

There's still the issue where tabs are replaced by spaces, and Chrome still adds a space. Razz

I believe Runer posted a fix for the later on the previous page.

In addition, SC doesn't like it when a line has extra space at the end of it. Perhaps spaces should be marked rather than empty?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
BUMP BUMP BUMP BUMP

There's still the issue where tabs are replaced by spaces, and Chrome still adds a space. Razz

I believe Runer posted a fix for the later on the previous page.

In addition, SC doesn't like it when a line has extra space at the end of it. Perhaps spaces should be marked rather than empty?

I just encountered this issue and it was really annoying to fix, I wasted about half an hour trying to diagnose the problem before I asked Mateo to help me fix it.
What do you guys mean? The tabs in my code below aren't replaced with spaces. What program are you using when you code and browser are you using to post?

Code:
This()
   if(tab)
      say Hi
   endif
End

I used TextEdit on my Mac and posting this on Safari.
Your post has been replaced with spaces, and there is any extra space added after each line. Chrome, the only browser that matters.
Since you asked:

WHY THIS IS AN ISSUE

1) When you copy code from a code box to SourceCoder, the extra space isn't visible. It will cause random errors to occur which is near impossible to diagnose unless you know it exists, as TheLastMillenial mentioned above.
2) When tabs are replaced with spaces, the alignment for assembly instructions looks like a pile of horse dung.
3) A code box should be essentially a Latex \verbatim{} command. It shouldn't do anything other than taking the raw text input and display the raw text output. The fact that it does preprocessing makes no sense.

Tari literally pushed a fix, however it looked like some other admin pushed over it.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Tari literally pushed a fix, however it looked like some other admin pushed over it.
It's still there. Either it wasn't actually fixed or Chrome found a new and exciting way to break it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours