Ivoah wrote:
Coolio! What kind of GPS module does it require?
Currently, anything that runs over 4800 baud serial (4800, 8n1) and takes a 5V supply should work fine, since most GPS devices emit a pretty standard set of NMEA sentences. The serial library in my GPS program does not send anything over serial, but at least for this module, that's not required.
My To-Do list:
[X] Print out AAA dummies and attach screws, nuts, wires -> All printed; screws and wiring remains
[X] Write up AAA dummy battery project
[X] Create, print, and copy programming handouts. half-page? full page? -> Done, except for 25 more copies -> Done!
[X] Perfect and print 4 TI-83+ battery covers with spaces for wires -> Second test print in progress They're not good enough for publication as-is, but they'll work for the Faire.
[X] Create/update pages of descriptions to put into frames -> Updated, printed, and trimmed; not yet tested in frames. -> All done; also bought two extra maroon frames
[X] Create power adapter for floppy drive and interactive-side calculators -> All done
[X] Add insulation inside AAA dummy power jacks -> All done, including replacing two defective female jacks
[X] Create power adapter for 6 GPS/camera/networking-side calculators
[X] Update Flourish to use constant-sized balls -> Edited and reassembled; not yet tested -> Tested, functioning, transferred to all four calculators for this demo
[ ] Create, print, and assemble large programming tutorial -> printed! Needs to be attached to foam core -> done, except for cutting out the LCD area
[X] Put together and test camera demo -> Resoldered; working on calculator-side software. Need to check if it will fit in the case. -> Resoldered (again), calculator side working, including demo software.
[X] Put together and test GPS demo -> Done, including overhauling the software slightly.
[X] Buy tablecloths -> 3 red tablecloths purchased
[ ] Solder together the Whack-a-Mole multiplexer once the PCBs arrive -> Doneish. I want to redo the headers to look better.
[X] Bring Tim dress shirt to be embroidered
[ ] Annoying but necessary life things for Faire: haircut, laundry, cleaning room for visitors
[ ] Finish the TI-BASIC Whack-a-Mole game
[ ] Build calculator-to-MSP432 cable for Whack-a-Mole that includes the pullup resistors
[X] Use cut-apart USB cable to build power supply for networking shield -> Done.
[X] Get exact LCD dimensions for cutting -> Exactly 9 1/4" x 5 5/8". Need to bring electrical tape to cover LCD edges.
[ ] Fix green TI-83+
[ ] Use wood slats to build lower backing for Arduino
[ ] Use standoffs and screws to make bracket for camera
[ ] Finish soldering LEDs for Whack-a-Mole
[ ] Finish soldering CDS sensors for Whack-a-Mole
[ ] Complete headers for Whack-a-Mole
[ ] Use standoffs and screws to affix 2 PCBs to Whack-a-Mole

Tim:
[X] Drill holes in blackboard material for calculator power (x7 holes)
[ ] Cut Lexan/Plexi for Whack-a-Mole
[ ] Drill sound holes in Lexan above floppy drive
[ ] Update the keyboard controller -> Make it CSE or CE -> Just needs a typo fixed!
[ ] Put together the LEDs and sensors inside the Whack-a-Mole game
[ ] Stain/oil for displays -> I [Kerm] prefer we use some kind of stain, but I bow to the experts -> In progress: spray-poly
[X] Order shirts
[X] Bring shirts to be embroidered
[X] Pick up finished shirts[/strike[
[strike][X] More command strips, if we don't have enough

[ ] Add playlist/continuous play support to mobileTunes and floppyTunes
[X] Solder LVDS connections to LCD -> Done and tested!
[X] Get Windows laptop with HDMI from friend
[X] Get HDMI female-to-female adapter or male-to-female cable
[ ] Set up and test programming demo
[X] Construct floppy drive-to-calculator cable
[ ] Make stands to hold programming display from blackboard material
[X] Print 4x TI-84+ battery covers -> 1/4 printed -> All done
[X] (w/ Kerm) make sure we have necessary connection cables for networking and other demos
[ ] Find and pack time lapse video hardware

Alec:
[ ] Make GoT and Mario floppyTunes songs
[ ] Bring speakers

Thomas/Alec/Tim/Christopher:
[ ] Bring power strips, USB cables (micro and mini), and USB power adapters (specifically, need at least two mini-USB cables and two USB hub.
[ ] Bring extra 2.5mm straight cable(s)
That list is huge...
If I can help in any way, let me know! Also, I'd like to see pictures from setting up the tent, could you put a camera on a mode where it takes a picture every 30 seconds or something like that? It would be interesting to see that.
Nik wrote:
That list is huge...
If I can help in any way, let me know! Also, I'd like to see pictures from setting up the tent, could you put a camera on a mode where it takes a picture every 30 seconds or something like that? It would be interesting to see that.

I second the request for a time lapse! It'd be interesting to watch Smile
Nik wrote:
That list is huge...
If I can help in any way, let me know!
Much appreciated. Smile It's mostly huge because I've been breaking the remaining items into smaller and smaller pieces to make sure I don't miss any (and to get the satisfaction of checking items off the list).
Quote:
Also, I'd like to see pictures from setting up the tent, could you put a camera on a mode where it takes a picture every 30 seconds or something like that? It would be interesting to see that.
That's quite a cool idea. I'll have to deputize elfprince13 or Eeems to do that, because I don't have the spare cycles to see what Apps are available for that.
If I can find my lego webcam we can probably do it at pretty low resolution.

Also, speaking from experience, I suggest we bring a decent quantity of water to drink, and a large-ish stash of cough drops for later in the day.
KermMartian wrote:
It's mostly huge because I've been breaking the remaining items into smaller and smaller pieces to make sure I don't miss any (and to get the satisfaction of checking items off the list).

Another implementation of divide et impera Razz

KermMartian wrote:
I'll have to deputize elfprince13 or Eeems to do that, because I don't have the spare cycles to see what Apps are available for that.

This might be a thing I could help with Smile.
But I thought of using a regular camera (They sometimes have such a mode) or a GoPro (If available), it makes really high quality time lapse videos and might be overall useful at the Faire...
(I mean not only filming on Friday but also on the Weekend, this might also help to analyze what was more popular and what was less)
Quote:
But I thought of using a regular camera (They sometimes have such a mode) or a GoPro (If available), it makes really high quality time lapse videos and might be overall useful at the Faire...

I'm not sure any of us have a camera with a tripod / stable mount that would be suitable for this. I'm also not completely convinced that all of our visitors would necessarily want to be broadcast on the internet.
Nik wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I'll have to deputize elfprince13 or Eeems to do that, because I don't have the spare cycles to see what Apps are available for that.

This might be a thing I could help with Smile.
(I mean not only filming on Friday but also on the Weekend, this might also help to analyze what was more popular and what was less)
I do like this idea, especially for adding time-lapse video in some professional-ish video of our experiences at the Faire (eg, just a few seconds of clip at a time before fading to a video about our individual displays). Elfprince's point is a fair one, obviously. Geekboy has indicated that he has both the software and hardware for this already essentially ready, since he wanted to deploy it last year. I presume he'll post more information when he gets out of work.
Creeper Cam

Although on a more serious basis, you'd need to look at if people entering Maker Faire are already consenting to be videotaped/photographed, or if you want to put up some sort of notice on your own booth about it. This is probably especially relevant if your audience will largely be minors.
Okay, this is seriously a problem... I haven't thought about the people not wanting to be filmed... But if you put a well visible sign, that says that there is video control, this should be fine, shouldn't it?
Cutting out all the already-completed stuff:

My To-Do list:
[X] Create, print, and assemble large programming tutorial -> printed! Needs to be attached to foam core -> done, except for cutting out the LCD area -> Done[/strike]
[X] Solder together the Whack-a-Mole multiplexer once the PCBs arrive -> Doneish. I want to redo the headers to look better.[/strike]
[X] Finish soldering LEDs for Whack-a-Mole -> 2/9
[X] Finish soldering CDS sensors for Whack-a-Mole
[X] Complete headers for Whack-a-Mole
[X] Use standoffs and screws to affix 2 PCBs to Whack-a-Mole
[X] Build calculator-to-MSP432 cable for Whack-a-Mole that includes the pullup resistors
[ ] Annoying but necessary life things for Faire: haircut, laundry, cleaning room for visitors
[ ] Add fullscreen support to jsTIfied.
[ ] Fix green TI-83+

Tim:
[X] Update the keyboard controller -> Make it CSE or CE -> Just needs a typo fixed!
[-] Cut Lexan/Plexi for Whack-a-Mole
[-] Put together the LEDs and sensors inside the Whack-a-Mole game -> To Kerm
[ ] Drill sound holes in Lexan above floppy drive
[ ] Stain/oil for displays -> I [Kerm] prefer we use some kind of stain, but I bow to the experts -> In progress: spray-poly
[ ] Add playlist/continuous play support to mobileTunes and floppyTunes
[ ] Set up and test programming demo
[ ] Make stands to hold programming display from blackboard material
[ ] Find and pack time lapse video hardware

Alec:
[ ] Bring speakers

[ ] Bring power strips, USB cables (micro and mini), and USB power adapters (specifically, need at least two mini-USB cables and two USB hub.
KermMartian wrote:
Cutting out all the already-completed stuff:

My To-Do list:
[X] Create, print, and assemble large programming tutorial -> printed! Needs to be attached to foam core -> done, except for cutting out the LCD area -> Done[/strike]
[X] Solder together the Whack-a-Mole multiplexer once the PCBs arrive -> Doneish. I want to redo the headers to look better.[/strike]
[X] Finish soldering LEDs for Whack-a-Mole -> 2/9
[X] Finish soldering CDS sensors for Whack-a-Mole
[X] Complete headers for Whack-a-Mole
[X] Use standoffs and screws to affix 2 PCBs to Whack-a-Mole
[X] Build calculator-to-MSP432 cable for Whack-a-Mole that includes the pullup resistors
[ ] Add fullscreen support to jsTIfied.
[ ] Fix green TI-83+

Tim:
[X] Update the keyboard controller -> Make it CSE or CE -> Just needs a typo fixed! -> Needs keybindings updated
[-] Cut Lexan/Plexi for Whack-a-Mole -> not certain we need this. Will Figure out during testing time Friday
[X] Drill sound holes in Lexan above floppy drive
[%] Stain/oil for displays -> In progress: spray-poly -> Second Coat Drying
[%] Add playlist/continuous play support to mobileTunes and floppyTunes -> Original test sent to kerm
[%] Set up and test programming demo -> waiting for Justified CSS hacks and keylist
[-] Make stands to hold programming display from blackboard material -> To Kerm -> Using foam core that we will spray paint black
[ ] Find and pack time lapse video hardware -> In use on main PC and on hand
[ ] Pick up Eeems from Airport -> Waiting for flight to arrive
Alec:
[ ] Bring speakers

More of my stuff done. Keep rolling weeeee

KermM I need a keylist for jstified. As the current program does not support all of the keys needed (like clear)
geekboy1011 wrote:
KermM I need a keylist for jstified. As the current program does not support all of the keys needed (like clear)
jsTIfied -> Help has the full list. Smile
Could I ask you to bind the ON key to something as well? Just so we don't open the developer console all the time?
My To-Do list:
[X] Make stands to hold programming display from blackboard material -> Done with foam core; probably fine without spray paint, although it might look nice.
[X] Use wood slats to build lower backing for Arduino
[X] Add F6 = ON support to jsTIfied
[X] Add fullscreen support to jsTIfied -> Just needs the scrollbar removed
[X] Fix LED #5 green element
[X] Finish the TI-BASIC Whack-a-Mole game -> Pure blue makes CDS cells sad, need timeout, need lightshow "demo" mode -> All done!
[X] Fix green TI-83+ (or find another one) -> Tweaked battery contacts to mainboard, seems fine. Packed spare TI-83+SE.
[X] Annoying but necessary life things for Faire: haircut, laundry, cleaning room for visitors

Tim:
[X] Drill sound holes in Lexan above floppy drive
[-] Make stands to hold programming display from blackboard material -> To Kerm -> Using foam core that we will spray paint black
[X] Pick up Eeems from Airport -> Waiting for flight to arrive
[%] Stain/oil for displays -> In progress: spray-poly -> Second Coat Drying
[%] Add playlist/continuous play support to mobileTunes and floppyTunes -> Original test sent to Kerm
[%] Set up and test programming demo -> waiting for Justified CSS hacks and keylist
[X] Update the keyboard controller -> Make it CSE or CE -> Just needs a typo fixed! -> Needs keybindings updated
[-] Cut Lexan/Plexi for Whack-a-Mole -> not certain we need this. Will Figure out during testing time Friday
[ ] Find and pack time lapse video hardware -> In use on main PC and on hand

Alec:
[ ] Bring speakers

[ ] Bring extra 2.5mm straight cable(s)[/quote]
Oh, yes. You should use Mateo's OnBlock on all the demo calcs, so the user doesn't accidentally (or not accidentally) break the demo Smile.

Edit: Okay, I want to wish all of you good luck and have fun at the Faire!
New to do list, now that we have set up at Maker Faire!

[X] Extension cord
[X] Two mini USB cables
[ ] Squid and rest of Thomas's cables
[ ] Add repeat to MT3 and FT3 and send those programs to the calculator
[ ] Thomas: load games on monochrome and color calculators
[ ] scissors, foam tape, Sharpie
[X] keyboard and mouse
[X] limit controls for Whack-a-Mole
[X] Gorilla tape

Hopefully we won't be up too late tonight finishing these up!
Good luck guys! Can't wait to see everything tomorrow!
Gosh I wish I could come see you guys. But it's an 8 hour drive. Wish you luck tonight with the finishing details, and I'm looking forward to the recap next week!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours