ive tried several times but doom wont work. i can get it to open but when i select the difficulty level then hit enter then it shows the controls then it freezes and ti have to reset the calc. my nspire is a ti nspire with touchpad. if you can help me thanks.
Is there a level pack you need to transfer with Doom that you didn't transfer? Hopefully someone who uses Ndless here has an idea what might be going wrong.
KermMartian wrote:
Is there a level pack you need to transfer with Doom that you didn't transfer? Unfortunately, Ndless is an unsupported hack on the TI-Nspires, so unless someone who uses Ndless here has an idea what might be going wrong, you may be out of luck.

Indeed, Ndless is an unsupported hack for the TI-Nspire. As is much of the software that is produced by the community.

What version of nDoom are you using? It might be that the current build has not been updated for 3.9 - although normally that should not be any issue.

If you really want to play the game right now, you could downgrade to 3.6 and use Ndless 3.6. I've asked the author of the game (critor) if he has any idea why it wouldn't work/crash.
Kerm Martian wrote:
Is there a level pack you need to transfer with Doom that you didn't transfer? Unfortunately, Ndless is an unsupported hack on the TI-Nspires, so unless someone who uses Ndless here has an idea what might be going wrong, you may be out of luck.

tristris389: as outlined by the usual underwhelming reply of the site's leader when it comes to Ndless on the Nspire, there are much better community places for Nspire discussion than Cemetech: Omnimaga (though that's no longer highly active for multiple reasons), CodeWalrus or TI-Planet.
OS 3.9 is using much more RAM than previous versions.
On b&w Nspire with 32MB SDRAM it doesn't leave much free RAM, and so even TI did stop releasing OS updates for those models (OS 4.0 was released only for TI-Nspire CX).

I did already update nsNandMgr in order to work under those extreme conditions.
I wouldn't be surprised if some Ndless programs needing a lot of RAM like nDoom or the Game Boy Advance emulator won't work at all because of a malloc fail, and it's not really possible to make them use less RAM.

The best thing to do would be to downgrade to OS 3.6.
Here's a nice how-to, in english of course : https://tiplanet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=15497&lang=en

By the way, here's the latest stable version of nDoom 2 :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=3889

Some other compatible level packs are available there :
https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_list.php?id=Jeux%20Doom%20Nspire
does downgrade fix 3.9 work on ti nspire touchpad?
DowngradeFix 3.9 doesn't work on TI-Nspire TouchPad.
But as far as I know, Ndless 3.9 doesn't either.
when you download ndless 3.9 you have to transfer the classic version to it. when you reset the calculator you have to hook your calc into your pc because it requires a pc to re activate ndless so ndless 3.9 isnt a good as ndless 3.6. i tried downgrade fix 3.9 but i cant get out of the nspire diag menu to delete the os.
tristris389 wrote:
i tried downgrade fix 3.9 but i cant get out of the nspire diag menu to delete the os

Type '0' to go into the "0 Additional function" menu.
Then type 'Enter' to validate the "Go to OS mode" option.
Then press 'reset' on the back.
ok thanks. too bad i left my nspire at school

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours