Is this program correct?

:Menu("SUBJECTS","ALGEBRA",A
:
:Lbl A
:Menu("ALGEBRA","SCIENTIFIC NOTATION",AA,"FACTOR",BB,"ABS",CC,"UND",DD,"MULT",EE,"ADD F",FF,"INEQUALITIES",GG,"SLOPE",HH,"GRAPHS",II,"EXPONENTS",JJ
:
:

If you need the whole program to help I can type it all out.
So far it's correct, yes. Are you having any errors when the program is ran?

An alternative to typing the program out by hand would be to connect the calculator to a computer, retrieving the program with TI-Connect or TILP, then uploading the file to SourceCoder here on Cemetech.
Looks perfectly fine (except for the fact that you have 10 menu items - the limit is 7, like Kerm said). Of course, you should only add the first Menu() if you're going to have more subjects than algebra.

Also, a tip for the forum, it looks better if you surround your code with "[code]" and "[ /code]"
From the little code you've given us so far, it looks like you're on the right track. A few assorted notes:
  • Please put code inside [code] and [ /code] tags (without the space).
  • Unfortunately, menus can have at most 7 items; your "ALGEBRA" menu on the fourth line has ten items.
  • No need to type it out by hand! Use SourceCoder 3 to turn a .8xp into readable source code.
  • If you get a chance, please Introduce Yourself in the topic we have for that purpose.
  • If you're starting out with TI-BASIC, I strongly, strongly recommend my book Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus, which teaches TI-BASIC and includes lots of fun sample programs.
Is there a way for me to make a menu with two sections like:

Menu Title Other Menu Title
1.jsdklflsdf
2. ajsdfjljsd
3.jdslfkjkds

on the CSE?
readroof2 wrote:
Is there a way for me to make a menu with two sections like:

Menu Title Other Menu Title
1.jsdklflsdf
2. ajsdfjljsd
3.jdslfkjkds

on the CSE?

Like, you can switch menus by pressing left/right? No, you can't, not with the classic Menu() command. In order to do what you want, you should learn about <custom menus>. These may seem complicated, but once you learn enough about TI-Basic, they are fairly simple.
Well, there are ways to do this, just that they aren't really real menu ways to do it. Here's a code for a simple one:

Code:
Lbl A
Menu("Basic Menu","Option 1",1,"Option 2",2,"Option 3",3,"Option 4",4,"Next",B,"Quit",Q)
Lbl B
Menu("Basic Menu","Option 5",5,"Option 6",6,"Option 7",7,"Option 8",8,"Back",A,"Quit",Q)

...actual code...
Thanks for the help! I was able to fix the program. 😊

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours