If you're ever planning to go to Norway, please don't. We don't deserve tourists the way our goverment is acting right now.

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/apr/17/norway-approves-mines-controversial-plan-to-dump-waste-into-fjord

A plan to continously dump mining-waste into a fjord for 50 years straight has just been approved by our goverment. This is not only bad in terms of the envronimental damages; it's outright unacceptable.
That's terrible! This summer I'll be visiting Denmark, Sweden, and Iceland, but won't be in Norway at all. Now I'm glad that I won't be going!
elfprince13 wrote:
That's terrible! This summer I'll be visiting Denmark, Sweden, and Iceland, but won't be in Norway at all. Now I'm glad that I won't be going!

Stop following me.
New Zealand has better fjords anyway.

Razz
allynfolksjr wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:

Stop following me.

Checklist: also Germany, Estonia, Russia, Finland.

Tari: and Alaska Smile
That's terrible! Humans should be protecting the Earth, not destroying it...

Btw, I recently found this video online. It's not mine, but I found it amazing and super inspirational Very Happy
I was in norway for two weeks in 2013... I must say it actually IS beautiful. The pictures on advertising cards mostly show the trute landscape. Generally it is a terrible idea to dump things in waters, they want to do it over 50 years. We won't be in Norway over the next few years, this year we are going to Spain!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours