Lately, I've been looking into the possibility of selling my TI-84 + CSE and using the money to buy a TI-84 plus CE, but I have a question regarding the TI-84 plus CE. Is TI-Basic programming exactly the same, and are programs for ti-84 + CSE directly compatible with the CE?
Almost all of them will be. Exceptions are anything that use the three missing tokens (FRAC-APPROX, Get(, and Send(). Additionally. Hybrid programs (those utilizing DCSE/xLIBC) will not work as of yet. I think Kerm and tr1p are still working out the details of how to handle the backwards compatibility with some of the more advanced games on that front.
It depends. pure BASIC programs will be entirely compatible and run faster. Doors CSE-enhanced programs, on the other hand, will not work.
alright thanks, and yeah I figured Hybrid-Basic would be an issue, but then again, I'm sure it's just a matter of time before those become available too Wink. I forgot the I/O was missing, guess sound related programs or well any token utilising this feature would be missing. I'm sure using the USB port instead would be a possibility, not too sure how that would be achieved tho.
There is also a menu bug that TI fixed on the 84 pce but not the 84 pcse, where lines 9 and 10 will not display right in the Menu( function for the 84 pcse

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours