For some reason your sig looks like "WebMustacio" to me... Smile
jpez wrote:
This is a good thing, but I will have to make a little modification forcing people to get rid of IE before viewing the site, or at least warning them that they're morons and won't be able to view the site correctly.

That's awesome. I suggest you make it look professional, too, because IE users are for the most part computer illiterates and will probably obey. I'll have to show this to a few people (just for this feature--not for the blog...I mean WBTBMUBSTACMO...) who think that IE is better than FF (yes, they are retards). These are the same people who were bitching to me when I put Linux on a school computer, by saying that Windows 98 was much better. Rolling Eyes
My semi-friend-who-is-a-girl-and-might-possibly-be-my-girlfriend-ish-hopefully-if-I-play-my-cards-right likes IE better than FF. I've found that far too many people think e is "the internet".
KermMartian wrote:
My semi-friend-who-is-a-girl-and-might-possibly-be-my-girlfriend-ish-hopefully-if-I-play-my-cards-right likes IE better than FF. I've found that far too many people think e is "the internet".

A clan leader for a clan I used to be in was a die-hard IE fan. I kid you not, he said he used FF and Opera and didn't like them, so he went back to IE. I think he's now using FF though, due to a crapload of new IE security holes....

Course, the whole clan rejoiced because it meant the site would finally look decent in something besides IE Wink
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

A clan leader for a clan I used to be in was a die-hard IE fan. I kid you not, he said he used FF and Opera and didn't like them, so he went back to IE. I think he's now using FF though, due to a crapload of new IE security holes....
Wow, crazy. I can't imagine why you would prefer IE to FF; let's compare:

FF: Tabs
IE: Windows

FF: Flexible privacy control
IE: Annoying settings that tend to break webpages

FF: Fast rendering, CSS, HTML, etc standards-compliant
IE: The only standards they follow are their own

FF: Starts out using very little RAM; caching gradually hogs RAM
IE: Just hogs RAM to begin with.
yeah, true

FF: Extensions
IE: None

FF: Can change skin
IE: not at all
IE has plugins that add tab functionality tho, which I *think* he had....
well, IE7 has it nativly.

btw, you know most of IE7 was to draw FF users back to IE?
rivereye wrote:

Meh. I seriously doubt that will work.
It may bring back some of the new users, but a lot of the old ones won't budge
Exactly. Many of the people who use FF are either used to it now and aren't aware of other options, or they're intelligent enoguh to distrust IE; either way, it's doubtful that they would switch back.
I prefer Opera to Firefox anyway. Its the most advanced browser out there that will run on Windows.
rivereye wrote:

well, duh, thats generally what competitiors try to do Rolling Eyes

anyone else notice that IE7 looks alot like a bunch of IE6 windows in a container o.0 (which explains the wierd control layout too....)
Yeah. WTF is up with the random ugly toolbar layout?? Back and forward don't go above File, Edit...
Why do you people care about this? You can't control how other peopel browse the internet, why try? Confused
Kuro wrote:
Why do you people care about this? You can't control how other peopel browse the internet, why try? Confused

i only care when a webmaster just uses IE because then the site ends up looking like crap for all the other, COMPLIANT, browsers
Kuro: because we are interested in making our opinions heard by the world. Hence the whole blog thing we were arguing about in the first place. :/
true, I actually made the mistake the other way around once, did all my testing in FF, and the site had something in it that IE didn't render correctly
I wouldn't call that a mistake. If everybody would do that, than IE would have to become more compliant.
For now, the trick is to try it in as many browsers as you can get your hands on to make sure it's at least functional.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours