After a weekend of tinkering around, I now have a brand spanking new BLOG (click). I have my own custom layout as well as a nifty social bookmarking bar that dynamically changes to the post you are viewing, not to mention amazingly amazing content.
Plz2table that content up or slap it into a div...I don't want to scroll down for that. Bug, I assume?
KermMartian wrote:
Plz2table that content up or slap it into a div...I don't want to scroll down for that. Bug, I assume?

NO! TABLES ARE HORRIBLE!!! (tag soup anyone?) use CSS layout methods instead....

anywho, I am now declaring you my first enemy here, Jpez, because you have a blog. A needless blog that is totally worthless (like your life), and you are therefore considered to be a fucktard. So sad to see you resorting to blogs.... Sad
Exclamation Question whats wrong with blogs?
elfprince13 wrote:
Exclamation Question whats wrong with blogs?

Everything. No one cares about your life. No one wants to read about it.

For a more detailed look at why blogs suck....

http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=banish
*evilgrin*
Notice that that's the Cemetech Blog, for talking about projects, not my random oh-dude-my-life-sux blog (although I could easily make one of those too). Sad

Don't be hating on JPez; I think he made a fairly nice setup in PHP there.
mine is for my projects too....I dont see anything wrong with that.
Heh, indeed. I had no idea Kllrnohj was so antiblog... Confused
KermMartian wrote:
Notice that that's the Cemetech Blog, for talking about projects, not my random oh-dude-my-life-sux blog (although I could easily make one of those too). Sad

Don't be hating on JPez; I think he made a fairly nice setup in PHP there.

definition of a blog:

Quote:
Main Entry: blog
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: an online diary; a personal chronological log of thoughts published on a Web page; also called Weblog, Web log
Example: Typically updated daily, blogs often reflect the personality of the author.
Etymology: shortened form of Weblog

Nothing about announcements, projects, or news there. A blog is only personal stuff that no one cares about. If what you have doesn't fit this discription, stop calling it a blog. Its NOT a blog then. Stop force-using stupid "buzzwords" to make your news section sound cooler than it is.

Both that and Elfs are the age-old announcements/news pages. You don't make it cooler by [incorrectly] calling it a blog - so stop calling it such.
and yet it uses Blogger....
elfprince13 wrote:
and yet it uses Blogger....

So? Blogger is just a CMS system, it doesn't FORCE you to make a blog. It doesn't scan your text and then reject your posts because you aren't really making a blog.

If you don't want a true blog, get a real CMS and go with the good ol' traditional news/announcements page, cause thats what you are making anyway.

If, however, you DO want a true blog, go jump off of a goddamn cliff before you can actually make one and save the world the trouble of having to kill you
Quote:
If, however, you DO want a true blog, go jump off of a goddamn cliff before you can actually make one and save the world the trouble of having to kill you

Agreed.
Laughing I just made mine to post random stuff about projects that weren't quite newsworthy...what should I call it then?
Geez, don't get so upset Kllrnohj. You know I have no personal life and therefore no need to write about it on a blog. Razz If it bothers you that much, I'll call it a WBTBMUBSTACMO (Web-Based Text Broadcasting Module Utilizing Blogger Software To Achieve Content Management Objectives) from now on. Laughing

@Kerm: I am using a CSS-Table Layout. I have the body set to display as a table-row and then the left, center and right column to display as table-cells. Being on a public computer at the moment, I see that it doesn't really render correctly in Internet Explorer. In fact, it's barely readable. This is a good thing, but I will have to make a little modification forcing people to get rid of IE before viewing the site, or at least warning them that they're morons and won't be able to view the site correctly.
jpez wrote:
Geez, don't get so upset Kllrnohj. You know I have no personal life and therefore no need to write about it on a blog. Razz If it bothers you that much, I'll call it a WBTBMUBSTACMO (Web-Based Text Broadcasting Module Utilizing Blogger Software To Achieve Content Management Objectives) from now on. Laughing

i kinda like that, now just get rid of the blogger logo and links....
Oh yeah? Well, mine is a CWBPUBS - Cemetech Web-Based Project Update Broadcast System.
KermMartian wrote:
Oh yeah? Well, mine is a CWBPUBS - Cemetech Web-Based Project Update Broadcast System.

You are missing something about PHPBB in that Wink
But it's not phpBB related - I just use phpBB for my templating and database connection classes.
Kllrnohj wrote:
jpez wrote:

I kinda like that, now just get rid of the blogger logo and links....
Negatory. I am obliged to have them as part of having a Blogger account.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours