Hi all,

For a math class I need a slope field program for my Prizm, all I could find was one for a casio 9850 How can I convert this in the SourceCoder 3. I would appreciate any help, thanks

Here is the program I found:
"SLOPE FIELD"
"STORE \d/dx(Y)=\f6(X,Y)FIRST"
\Cls
(\Ymax-\Ymin)/62\->C
(\Xmax-\Xmin)/126\->D
\For 0\->J \To 15
\Xmin+(8J+3)D\->E
\For 0\->K \To 7
\Ymin+(8K+3)C\->F
E\->X
F\->Y
\f6\->G
2D\->H
\Abs G>C/D\=>2C/\Abs G\->H
\If 2H\>=D
\Then \Green \Graph Y=G(X-E)+F,[E-H,E+H]
\Else \Green \F-Line E,F+2C,E,F-2C
\IfEnd
\Next
\Next
\Green \Graph Y=0
%End
You could copy past what you shared here (looks like you are missing some commands for displaying the quoted text in the first 2 lines?) and simply remove the \'s that are here. We can then go from there on seeing if the program works, and diagnosing why if it does not.

Once you have the code modified, simply tell it to export as a prizm/.g3m file.
Isn't the code from Casio CFX-9850G programs identical on the PRIZM? (other than the fact the resolution is different and that the PRIZM has a Red command instead of Orange)
DJ_O wrote:
Isn't the code from Casio CFX-9850G programs identical on the PRIZM? (other than the fact the resolution is different and that the PRIZM has a Red command instead of Orange)
I wish I had offered to buy the Casio CFX-9850G in my local Staples fifteen years ago when they had an even-then-old display model. Anyway, yes, the programs are pretty much identical, so SourceCoder should be able to render a working copy if you make the changes that tifreak8x suggested.
KermMartian wrote:
I wish I had offered to buy the Casio CFX-9850G in my local Staples fifteen years ago when they had an even-then-old display model.

Just bought one on ebay myself Smile
One question, maybe a little bit offtopic: The 9850 has nothing to do with the FX-9860, correct?
There is a quite promising CAS for the 9860. Has anyone ever tried it out?
I would test it by myself, but since I don't own a 9860 I can't.
Might be interesting to compare it with the awesome Eigenmath port for the Prizm, I'm wondering which one is better.

That's the link by the way (hope it's okay to post it): http://cas.jeuxcasio.com/en/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours