Today I saw that the new TI Connect CE was available so I tried it out. I was pleased to see the program editor -- clean and simple. (No more running TI-GraphLink in a virtual machine. Wink ) But I already came across a bug in the editor.

If you try to use the statistics variable F (not normal real number variable F), the calculator will display "Syntax Error". In the calculator editor, it looks correct, but it isn't. (You have to run 2-SampFTest first, otherwise the variable is undefined.)

Here's a 2 line program that illustrates the problem. In TokenIDE and SourceCoder, the correct code looks like this:

Code:
2-SampFTest 10,20,30,40,0
[|F]

but the code generated by the TI Connect CE editor opens up in TokenIDE and SourceCoder as

Code:
2-SampFTest 10,20,30,40,0
|F

Notice the missing brackets around |F. It appears to be using the character instead of the token, which makes it look right in the calculator's program editor.

Even if you just open the working file and resave it without making any changes, the TI Connect CE editor inserts the incorrect token.

Anybody notice any other token issues?

-wes
When using lowercase, sometimes it doesn't work when compiled on the device.

I had a program where if you typed a lowercase command, it would output lowercase, but after editing using the program editor and sending the program back, it didn't work.
Thanks for catching this, Wes; that certainly sounds like a bug that should be reported to the relevant TI engineering team. I'll try to find out who that is so they have a chance to fix it.

Solar: What do you mean by a lowercase command? Do you mean lowercase letters?
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks for catching this, Wes; that certainly sounds like a bug that should be reported to the relevant TI engineering team. I'll try to find out who that is so they have a chance to fix it.

Well, I have reported that a long time ago on some beta builds of TI-Connect CE (though the more people report it, the more attention it will get) Smile

Here's an example of a fail in the title (two fails combined in fact, with the menu item limit) (Source)
The title should have been "Dat Menu":

Though they appear to have fixed this specific thing at least (but not entirely, as we can see in this topic).
Yes, I meant lowercase letters.

How'd you manage to change the color of the battery logo?
solarsoftware wrote:

Oh, I hadn't even noticed.
Well, I didn't change anything, I guess that's what it looked like in beta builds. It's indeed grey in production ones.
adriweb wrote:
solarsoftware wrote:

Oh, I hadn't even noticed.
Well, I didn't change anything, I guess that's what it looked like in beta builds. It's indeed grey in production ones.

When plugged in, the battery icon changes to an orange border. Wink Unless there is something else you may be discussing? Smile

Also, more on topic: This is somewhat interesting; I wonder if there are any more tokens that are parsed incorrectly? That would be a problem.
TokenIDE has a dump tokens feature that'll dump everything into a program. We could do that and open the program in this and see if everything loads correctly. That'll at least show us if it loads things right.

They've also got their token lost embedded into the program, so we could check against that.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Also, more on topic: This is somewhat interesting; I wonder if there are any more tokens that are parsed incorrectly? That would be a problem.

Not quite an "incorrect parsing," but the subtraction and negation characters seem to be reversed. On the calculator, and every other editor I've seen, the negative is indicated by a short raised mark and subtraction is a longer dash in the middle of the line. So "two minus negative one" is:

Code:
2-⁻1

In TI Connect CE, these characters are reversed. If you open a programs and resave it, it parses correctly, but it is exceedingly confusing. I'm sure this was not the intended behavior.

In the editor, under Char Keypad where you'd expect to find the negative, there is only one such symbol that looks like a negative, but it is actually subtraction. The only way I could figure out how to insert a negative in the editor is to use the Catalog listing and use the character above 10^(

Basically, somebody swapped the two characters in the font.

-wes

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours