So lately, as only Kerm would know, I've been working on a new project whenever I was bored in math. Written in pure CSE Basic, this project is a "defender" game where you defend your side of the screen against evil people or whatever. (Does this even need a story?)

Anyway, it's a shoot-em-up with unique controls: to fire a laser blast, you have to rapidly tap the XTON button, charging it up. Pressing 2nd will fire the laser when it's charged, and pressing Alpha will use a special attack, if ready.

Enemies charge at you in four "lanes". Hitting them with a laser will knock them back to the start. Using the special initially unlocked will knock all four enemies back to the start, but you will have to wait quite a while to use it again. There are 3 difficulty modes: Boring (easy), Normal (medium), and Unforgiving (Hard). As the game progresses, the enemies speed up, based on your difficulty setting. You can also purchase new abilities (passive or ALPHA super abilities) in the Shop, where you can spend Gold and equip new abilities.

►Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?22n5zlf3f3xtdik
This looks like a fun game! I noticed what looked like colored homescreen text: does that mean this requires Doors CSE? Also, you should upload your project to the Archives, if it's ready for public consumption. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
This looks like a fun game! I noticed what looked like colored homescreen text: does that mean this requires Doors CSE? Also, you should upload your project to the Archives, if it's ready for public consumption. Smile

The color text was actually done on the Graphscreen with TextColor(, but it also has a DCSE icon. It could be considered ready, but I wanted to experiment with a few more features before I call it done.
Nice work, 123outerme! I noticed that once again the 'o' becomes an '0' when charging; that is a pretty nifty idea. Smile What have the evil people done to deserve such a fate? Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Nice work, 123outerme! I noticed that once again the 'o' becomes an '0' when charging; that is a pretty nifty idea. Smile What have the evil people done to deserve such a fate? Razz

Thanks! As always, I want to give a visual indicator that things are happening. As for the evil people, they have been eating my cookies again Razz.

Anyway, today I added unlockable powers. Your game score is added on to your "Gold" as I call it (it's a F2P game!!!1!) after you finish a game. Use this gold to purchase new passive abilities or swap out your ALPHA super move! I have only one passive ability and two ALPHA super moves completed in total, but I might add more.
High score is now added, and displayed on the main menu and while playing the game, but it doesn't update while playing the game. After you quit, if your score is a new high score, it is updated. The color text represents the difficulty at which your high score was achieved. Also, the data has been encrypted now. The file in the OP is updated with the new file.
This looks really cool!

The menus in particular-I might make menus like those, kind of.
solarsoftware wrote:
This looks really cool!

The menus in particular-I might make menus like those, kind of.

Thanks! Go ahead and take the menus, they're yours now. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours