Just wanted to share my development tool add-in named Message.

Download

I developed it a couple of months ago when I started working on some other addins (one of which very heavily relies on messages built in the OS - 3,000 lines of code so far excluding sprites and data arrays and still not finished ;( ...). While working on the other add-ins I have discovered better ways of printing messages transparently over the background images and similar things, but have not implemented it here. The source code will be included in the archive once approved by the admins. It currently compiles without issues under Windows on my side - in case someone else wants to play with it or extend it should a new system update come - as I limited the add-in to the currently known range of system messages so that it loops within that range.

This addin was inspired by flyingfisch' add-in PrintXY_2 Reference but made from scratch to show more than one message on each screen and therefore saving time and repetitive key presses when going through the system messages. It also prints the system mesages in the way which makes it easier to see if there any blanks in the message for basically its total length purposes etc.

Chinese had to be handled a bit differently.

Usage:
[Exit] will take you to the start screen with the other instructions: [any key] next page, [Up] previous page, [Right]/[Left] skip +/- 10 pages

In case anyone still doesn't know, the Test Mode allows for the same thing, displaying the messages differently (all languages at once for a given message ID, which is good for comparing languages).
Nice addin, and thanks for the nod! Smile
Hey, nice work!
By the way: Have you designed this alternate Reset-icon or is it a completely different addin?
BBlaze wrote:
Hey, nice work!
By the way: Have you designed this alternate Reset-icon or is it a completely different addin?

Hi, it is a completely different add-in by me and in process of its development I needed to be able to look up multiple system messages - so that was the reason for the Message add-in released here, I don't plan to develop the Message add-in any further but the code for it is quite short and compiles on windows in case someone wants to improve or change it once it in the archive here.
amazonka wrote:
BBlaze wrote:
Hey, nice work!

Hi, it is a completely different add-in by me and in process of its development I needed to be able to look up multiple system messages - so that was the reason for the Message add-in released here, I don't plan to develop the Message add-in any further but the code for it is quite short and compiles on windows in case someone wants to improve or change it once it in the archive here.

I see, thanks. What does this new reset add-in do?
BBlaze wrote:
amazonka wrote:
BBlaze wrote:
Hey, nice work!

I see, thanks. What does this new reset add-in do?

I have not finalized it yet - it is just a personal challenge for myself expanding on my Lock add-in (hence similar colour theme for the icon) and basically restricting what a user sees and is able to do with the calculator - I will not be releasing it publicly as it could cause more trouble than benefit.
Oh I see. But what do you mean by "basically restricting what a user sees and is able to do with the calculator"? Is it about hiding certain elements regarding the calculator?
Yes, it's like security through obscurity. For the same reason I'm keeping it private - if you require any lock related features please leave your suggestions in my lock add-in thread (link in my signature) - thanks in advance.
Just an update that Message is now available for download in Archives and the links in the original post have been updated accordingly.
With the new 2.02 OS the range of message numbers needs adjusting - which is easy and will try to reupload new version of this add-in soon - but I noticed another bug only noticeable on the new OS - the bottom area where the functions keys would normally be does not get cleared anymore under some circumstances - from memory if I were to loop backwards at some point the text keeps being drawn on top of each other in this bottom area - if someone can see from the source code what is the problem please let me know.
Messages number range now extended to show new OS 2.02 messages mainly for the Exam mode now implemented together with clearing the bottom of the title screen on reentry and the new version uploaded to the archives now. Once approved you can download via the links in my signature below or at the top of the first post here.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours