Hurray, no more left behind lines interrupting regular text or blank lines interrupting highlighted text! Here's the code:
Code:
If S and sum(K={24,26  //if second is activated and left or right arrow key pressed
Then
If A>8 and K=24 and not(B:Then
92->B:A-6->A:End
If B=92 and A<54 and K=26
DelVar BA+6->A
If (length(Str7)>23round(A/6-1,0)+B/4+2 and K=26) or (K=24 and (B and A=8) or (B!=92 and A=54) or A>8 and A<54:Then
Line(B,62-A,B,57-A,MK=624  //if M=24 and K=26 or M=26 and K=24, draw a line, otherwise erase a line
For(F,B,B+3(K-25),K-25
For(G,A,A+5
Pxl-Change(G,F   //highlighting stuff
End:End
If not(X:Then   //if you just started highlighting (nothing else is highlighted)
K->M   //store direction of highlighting in M
23round(A/6-1,0)+B/4+2->X   //store the origin (where you started highlighting)
End
B+4(K-25->B
23round(A/6-1,0)+Ans/4+2->V   //moves just the same as B, with your cursor
If V=X   //if you are back at the origin (nothing is highlighted)
DelVar XDelVar M   //get rid of the origin and direction of highlighting
End:End

Now, the only problem with this is that if the user does any action other than highlighting, the program can get "confused". You wouldn't want the user to highlight 2 separate things, right? Otherwise, even if the text is not highlighted in between, all text between the origin (X) and your cursor would be copied into the clipboard when you press [TRACE].

So, what I need now is to make it so that if a user does anything other than highlighting, it converts the highlighted text back to regular text. Which would take a few seconds, depending on how much is highlighted. Suggestions on this are welcome Smile
I just said this on IRC, but I'll put this here just in case.

Now you have plenty of strings! Yay!
Don't use the ones with question marks, it gets screwy if you're moving the cursor backwards in the BASIC editor.
solarsoftware wrote:
UI for OneNote:

Looks good?

This looks really cool. What if something like this were to be made into a shell for the CSE with stuff like PowerPoint and even Calculator, so it could be like an OS, but as a shell so it didn't replace anything. However, my idea is probably never going to be done.
Actually, readroof2, solarsoftware is working on just that! Or something very similar. He is making a Windows 10 clone for the CSE, and this will be one of his features.
Will it be like a shell, or will it totally get rid of the TI-OS. I hope it is a shell because it could get specialized programs for stuff like PowerPoint to run, like how a TI-84 had to have a shell that would translate program to music. How is it coming along?
It is (as far as I know) a hybrid basic program (DCS8). It is coming along well.
Will the program look sharper when run on the calculator? I can't tell if the picture is just fuzzy or if the picture is good but the program looks kind of crude.
Most of it is kind of crude. Further conversation on this can be held here:
[url] https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11355&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0[/url]
This isn't big, but I just realized that
Code:
23round(A/6-1,0
can be
23int(A/6-1

A starts at 8, and the limit is 50. 56 would be too far down the screen, therefore the limit is 50. I believe going farther than 50 would break the pattern of my formula, which goes 1 2 3 4 etc.

[EDIT]
Here's my deletion code so far. Currently it does not deal with highlighted text, and there's also quite a bit of graphical issues with it. The deletion within the string works fine though, besides the graphics.

Code:
If K=23:Then
23int(A/6-1)+B/4+2->theta
If Ans!=length(Str7:Then
If Ans+1<length(Str7
sub(Str7,1,Ans)+sub(Str7,Ans+2,length(Str7)-Ans-1
If theta+1=length(Str7
sub(Str7,1,theta
Ans->Str7
For(G,int(A/6),1+int((length(Str7)-1)/23
23:If length(Str7)<23G:23G-(23G-length(Str7))-23(G-1)
Text(6G+2,1,"             "   //94 spaces. there's probably a better way to do this.
Text(6G+2,1,sub(Str7,23G-22+2,Ans-2
End:End:End

edit 2: I believe I found the main problem, which is that spaces are displayed only as 1 pixel of blank space instead of 3 pixels wide (which my program automatically does when typing a space character). There are still some other graphical issues besides that, which I'm not able to figure out yet.
I think this line could be optimized:

Code:
If length(Str7)<23G:23G-(23G-length(Str7))-23(G-1)

To this:

Code:
If 23G>length(Str7
23(1-G)+length(Str7

EDIT: here's my optimized full code:

Code:
If K=23
Then
  B/4-21+int(A/6->theta
  Str7
  If theta+1<length(Str7
    sub(Str7,1,theta)+sub(Str7,theta+2,length(Str7)-theta-1
  If theta+1=length(Str7
    sub(Str7,1,theta
  Ans->Str7
  If theta!=length(Str7
  Then
      If 23G>length(Str7
        23(1-G)+length(Str7
      Text(6G+2,1,"             "   //94 spaces
      Text(6G+2,1,sub(Str7,23G-20,Ans-2
    End
  End
End
Thanks, PT_.

Spaces now work, and pretty much everything works, except for the fact that when deleting anything out of a string such as "Hey There", it gets graphically updated to "HeHey Thre" (i.e. you deleted the e in "There"). The string is fine, it's just the graphical display. Here's my code, without PT_'s optimizations yet.

[EDIT]
I pretty much fixed it, and updated the code. However, the only problem I still see is that the last 2 characters of each line get ignored somehow. I'm probably going to figure it out in a bit, but if you guys can figure it out before me then great Very Happy

Code:

If Ans+1<length(Str7
If theta+1=length(Str7
sub(Str7,1,theta
Ans->Str7
Text(6G+2,1,"                      " //94 spaces
23:If length(Str7)<23G:23G-(23G-length(Str7))-23(G-1)
For(F,1,int(3.87Ans),4
sub(Str7,23G-22(F<6)-24(F>5)+int((F+8)/4),1
If Ans=" "  //1 space
"    "    //4 spaces
If F>5
Text(6G+2,F-8,Ans
End:End:End:End

The reason I use "-22(F<6)-24(F>5)" is because if I used 24 only, the "c[xhat]" at the beginning of str7 would be displayed (if i was on line 1). If i was on line 2, it would mess up as well, not displaying the c[xhat], but instead the 2 characters on the previous line (or something of the like). If i used 22 only, it has an invalid dim error.
Okay, here's a current screenshot of deleting. [Link]
Oh, and yes, I did the change the top right corner a little bit. The "99/99" is a page indicator. Not functional yet, but will be soon Smile

Anyways, as you can see, deleting something on the last line of the note works perfectly fine. Deleting something that's not on the last line makes it ignore the last 2 characters of each newly displayed line, which is obviously a problem... Inside the string though, it's perfectly fine, it's just the graphical display that's wrong. Help is appreciated, and I have the code for it in my previous post.
I think I have the solution, however, I have not tested it yet, since I here do not have a mono-calc. Here's what I came up:

Code:
If Ans+1<length(Str7
If theta+1=length(Str7
sub(Str7,1,theta
Ans->Str7
// Until this, it is correct
// This is from me:
For(F,int(A/6),1+int((length(Str7)-1)/23
Text(6G+2,1,"                      " //94 spaces
If length(Str7)<23F
length(Str7)-23(F-1
For(G,1,Ans
sub(Str7,23(F-1)+G,1
If Ans=" "  //1 space
"    "    //4 spaces
Text(6F+2,4G,Ans
End
End
End
// Here a Text(-command to draw the last 4 spaces, to overdraw the last string
End

As said, I haven't tested it yet.
I finally got it to work!!! Such a satisfying feeling Razz

Turns out my formulas would return fractions and stuff because of what G and F were, so I was able to fix that. I had to add some checking in order for it to display the last 2 characters of each line, which involved checking if the length of a line was 23 chars long, and if so, display the last 2 chars, otherwise, don't try and display the last 2 chars (because they wouldn't exist). Here's the working code:

Code:

If Ans+1<length(Str7
If theta+1=length(Str7
sub(Str7,1,theta
Ans->Str7
Text(6G+2,1,"          " //94 spaces. If you can improve upon this (while keeping it fast) then go ahead.
23->theta
If length(Str7)<23G:23G-(23G-length(Str7))-23(G-1->theta
For(F,1,8+int(3.87Ans),4
If theta=23 or (theta<23 and length(Str7)>23(G-1)+(F-1)/4
If Ans=" " //1 space
"    " //4 spaces
If F>5 and (theta=23 or (theta<23 and length(Str7)>23(G-1)+(F-1)/4
Text(6G+2,F-8,Ans

This code is a little bit crude, but it works Very Happy

[EDIT]
Okay, now the only problem is is that it is VERY slow. Yes, it is fine for just a single line, but if you have the entire page filled up with text and you delete a single character from the first line, it takes pretty much a full minute (or a bit less) just to re-display the rest of the text on the page. It would be fast if I could display an entire sub() of each line of the note instantly, but unfortunately, I have to check for space characters, in order to space them out by 3 rather than 1, which is their normal pixel width.

Is there anyway to make this a lot faster? Thanks in advance!

[edit 2]
I also just realized that i forgot to add in "w" and "m" checking, so I would need to check for those characters too (because they are 5 pixels in width, I would have to replace them with my 3 pixel versions). Going to need to update my code.
Wow, that is so nice looking Michael! I don't have time to look back, but is there any other new things you haven't implemented yet that are on a todo list?

Code:
//Could be
23int(A/6)+B/4-21->theta

Code:
//Could be
sub(Str7,23G-22-2(F>5)+int(F/4+2),1
//Could be
sub(Str7,23G-20-2(F>5)+int(F/4),1

Code:
23G-(23G-length(Str7))-23(G-1->theta
//Could be
length(Str7)-23(G-1->theta

Code:
If theta=23 or (theta<23 and length(Str7)>23(G-1)+(F-1)/4
//Could be, since theta<=23
If theta=23 or 23(G-1)+(F-1)/4<length(Str7
Michael2_3B wrote:
This isn't big, but I just realized that
Code:
23round(A/6-1,0
can be
23int(A/6-1

well, no... the round( token will round the value to the nearest integer, the int( token will just take the integer part of the number, for example

Code:

int(25.76=25
round(25.76,0=26

That's not the same... (the only time these two statements are indeed the same is when the fractional part of the number is lover than 0.5, in which case the round( token will barf out the lowest integer.)
Since Michael wrote that A starts at 8, and ends at 50, with difference of 6, you can start as follow:

Code:
A=8,  round(8/6,0)=1   int(8/6)=1
A=14, round(14/6,0)=2  int(14/6)=2
A=20, round(20/6,0)=3  int(20/6)=3
A=26, round(26/6,0)=4  int(26/6)=4
etc...

but here, round( has exactly the same result as int(.
Unicorn wrote:
is there any other new things you haven't implemented yet that are on a todo list?

Well, since my last todo list was quite a few posts ago, I'll make one again, here:

Things to Fix/Change
-- Hopefully speed up display of text after deleting/pasting
(Done) -- Finish deletion code
(Done) -- Change highlighting from inverting to just underlining (makes it easier to de-highlight quickly)

Things to Add/Remove
-- An ENTER function maybe... gonna need help with this
(Done) -- Pasting (Inserting)
-- Undo / Redo (requires action list?) (probably not coming in 1st version, if at all)
-- multi-page note support and multi-page notes list support on menu

After I finish the text editor, I have a few small things to finish up on the menu. such as a search bar that searches for text (in titles, in notes, and maybe in clipboard)
Here's my formula for converting length(Str7) to a Y cursor value (anywhere between 8 and 50 with diff of 6):

Code:

2+6(1+int((length(Str7)-1)/23->A

And here's for X:

Code:

4((length(Str7)-2)-23int(length(Str7)/23->B

Current deletion code:

Code:

23int(A/6)+B/4-21->theta
If not(X) and Ans!=length(Str7) or (X:Then
If not(X:Then
If Ans+1<length(Str7
If theta+1=length(Str7
sub(Str7,1,theta
End
If X:Then
If X>V
V+.01X->theta
If V>X
X+.01V->theta
If 100fPart(Ans)<length(Str7
sub(Str7,1,iPart(Ans))+sub(Str7,100fPart(Ans)+1,length(Str7)-100fPart(Ans
If 100fPart(theta)=length(Str7
sub(Str7,1,iPart(theta
DelVar XDelVar M
End
Ans->Str7
Text(6G+2,0,"                  " //94 spaces
If length(Str7)>2:Then
23->theta
If length(Str7)<23G:length(Str7)-23(G-1->theta
For(F,1,8+int(3.87Ans),4
If theta=23 or 23(G-1)+(F-1)/4<length(Str7
sub(Str7,23G-20-2(F>5)+int(F/4)(23G-20-2(F>5)+int(F/4)<=length(Str7)),1
If Ans=" " //1 space
"    " //4 spaces
If F>5 and not(inString("wm",Ans)) and (theta=23 or 23(G-1)+(F-1)/4<length(Str7
Text(6G+2,F-8,Ans
If inString("wm",Ans:Then
Text(6G+2,F-8,sub("WM",inString("wm",Ans),1
Line(F,61-(6G+2),F+2,61-(6G+2),0
Pt-Off(F+1,60-(6G+2
If 23int(A/6)+B/4-21>length(Str7:Then
2+6(1+int((length(Str7)-1)/23->A
4((length(Str7)-2)-23int(length(Str7)/23->B
End:End:End

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 9
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours