Live Tiles, they're.. real!

Windows launches Groove Music to update the tile content, and tiles support any multimedia Doors does, so shapes, sprites, text, and more work.

The only problem is the amount of RAM, it has to launch the app to update the tile content, and it's fine for now because they're small, but larger apps can't support this awesome feature. Sad

Check out the demo below, and remember to give feedback as always!

https://goo.gl/bgvwEf
Maybe have a small subprogram with all the variable names necessary for the tile?
Build 10584.71: http://1drv.ms/1ncaDzy

Reset, transfer everything to the archive, run Doors, and then Settings.

This build includes notable improvements, but Start is broken. Can someone find what I'm/Doors is doing wrong?

ALPHA=START OPTIONS
WINDOW=BACK
ZOOM=START
TRACE=CORTANA
2ND=HAMBURGER MENU

DO NOT CLICK Y=
http://pastebin.com/UVjRw6Z1

Simply put, there's a random 6 outputted on the screen that I can't remove.
This is build 10584.96, including Task View, a new Start experience with Live Tiles, and stability improvements overall. Task View uses some elements of new, greatly optimized OneCore background engine. Examples of OneCore taking place aren't visible at first, but two examples are the new launching mechanism for apps (look closely at the splash screen and how Task View launches) and universal app scaling (Continuum bar, apps can be freely moved now).

As always, feel free to ask questions or submit feedback! A build should be coming soon using a new installation method (think gears).

-n
Looking at some of your code, I've found a few random optimizations you could bring. I haven't looked at every file, but you mentioned that some of these routines come up in other files as well, so hopefully, these will not only help for where I found them but also where you think these optimizations might come in handy. Some are quite meaningless while others are larger. I've listed them all using the same method to make it simple to understand. The first line of each optimization is the file followed by the line at which the code was found. The 2nd line is the original code, the 3rd line is the words "could be", the 4th line is my version, and sometimes, there are little explanations in parenthesis underneath Smile Hopefully these can make your project slightly smaller and faster Very Happy

Code:
groove, 20/21
"-
real(6,0,14,15+D,~B:real(6,0,20,15+D:real(6,0,14,17+D:real(6,0,20,17+D:real(6,0,14,19+D:real(6,0,20,19+D
could be
real(7,9,15,18+D,12,5,-B
real(7,7,14,19+D,14,3,0

(this will display faster and be 47 bytes smaller.)

groove, 181 to 188
~B->Z:If F=0:|LWNDWS(2->Z:"Recent Plays
real(6,0,10,36+D,Z:~B->Z:If F=1:|LWNDWS(2->Z:"Albums
real(6,0,10,46+D,Z:~B->Z:If F=2:|LWNDWS(2->Z:"Artists
real(6,0,10,56+D,Z:~B->Z:If F=3:|LWNDWS(2->Z:"Songs
real(6,0,10,66+D,Z:~B->Z:If F=4:|LWNDWS(2->Z:"Playlists
real(6,0,10,76+D,Z:~B->Z:If F=5:|LWNDWS(2->Z:"Now Playing
real(6,0,10,86+D,Z
could be
For(K,0,5
   sub("Recent PlaysAlbums      Artists     Songs       Playlists   Now Playing ",12K+1,12
   real(6,0,10,36+10K+D,~B+(F=K)(B+|LWNDWS(2
End

(About 150 bytes smaller...)

groove, 195
If K=25 and G>0:G-1->G:If K=34 and G<5:G+1->G
could be
If G and G<5:G+(K=25)/4.5-1->G

wnstart, 82
real(8,1,0:real(7,9,0,0,0,0,0:real(0,1,1:real(8,1,1:real(7,9,0,0,0,0,0:real(0,1,0,0:real(8,1,0:"Loadi
real(6,0,120,55,~1:real(8,1,1:"ng...
real(6,0,0,55,~1
could be
real(0,3,4,0,1:real(0,3,4,0:real(0,1,0,0:"Loadi
real(6,0,120,55,~1,1,1:"ng...
real(6,0,0,55,~1

(making use of the ,1 at the end of commands to switch buffers, and the real(0,3,4... command.)

wnstart,120
If 0!=inString(Str9,"WIN10") and 0!=inString(Str9,"L
could be
If inString(Str9,"WIN10") and inString(Str9,"L

(this one is pretty small, but no need for the 0!=)

wnstart, 122
randInt(0,2:If Ans=0
could be
If not(randInt(0,2

(just a quicker way to write it...)

wnstart, 174/175
real(8,1,0:real(7,9,0,0,0,0,~1
real(8,1,1:real(7,9,0,0,0,0,~1
could be
real(0,3,4,~1,1
real(0,3,4,~1

(real(0,3,4,#color fills the whole active screen with the color)

alarms, 8
real(8,1,0:real(7,9,0,10+D,0,30,E:real(8,1,1:real(7,9,0,10+D,0,30,E
could be
For(K,1,0,~1
   real(7,9,0,10+D,0,30,E,K
End

people, 41
If K=24:DelVar E:If K=26:2->E
could be
K-24->E

people, 65 to 67
"+
real(6,0,70,100,~B:"Add
real(6,0,62,108
could be
" +/Add
real(6,0,62,100,~B,47

(you can use the NewLineChar to display these one under the other)
Battery Saver:

Glance:
Does anyone make universal apps for Windows 10/Mobile?

If so, in which languages?
Your wp10 thing seems cool! Could you port it ti monochrome calcs?
CalcMax wrote:
Your wp10 thing seems cool! Could you port it ti monochrome calcs?

I don't think so.
1) Is is monochrome, so images would not work
2) The screen is much smaller, so you need to modify ALL the graphing stuff
3) The commands of DCS7 are not the same as DCS8
4) The SE does not have all the commands the CSE has.
When solarsoftware will do this, it will take a lot of time, because it's almost the same as making a new Windows 10 for the monochrome calcs.
solarsoftware wrote:
Does anyone make universal apps for Windows 10/Mobile?

If so, in which languages?

I go on and off in C#. Occasionally I uninstall VS because it's either that or an Insider build install.
So, when DCE comes out, would this work on the CE directly, or would it take a long time to rewrite it for CE calcs? I have one, and I just want to know because this project looks awesome. If I seem like a newbie for asking, it's because I am. Razz
Dudeman313 wrote:
So, when DCE comes out, would this work on the CE directly, or would it take a long time to rewrite it for CE calcs? I have one, and I just want to know because this project looks awesome. If I seem like a newbie for asking, it's because I am. Razz

This is not compatible, since the program is not in half-resolution mode. If it were, it could be compatible.
Is the win10 port faster?!
I tried downloading this onto jusTIfied, but kept getting an "INVALID DIMENSION" error. I think it was because the list "TIME" was not there or something. Did I do something wrong? I tried running settings, but had no luck. Also as a suggestion, I think it'd make sense for your builds to be grouped together, so the user can ungroup it on the calculator, instead of moving each file one at a time onto jusTIfied.
Wait...so would this work if I used calc84's LCD tool? It's bundled with DJ O's Sord of Atari.
Long time, no see!

This build includes some major performance, stability, and all-around improvements, with the addition of an on-device Visual Basic AOT compiler (more on that later), and pill switches.

OneCore has also been drastically improved in this build, along with the addition of toggle switches (thanks to PT_).

Dynamic memory allocation has also been finalized, and is the method in which resources are manipulated in the background without disturbing on-screen content (real-time multi-tasking). Simply put, the current app gets suspended with a hook, gets replaces with on-the-fly applets, and is restored after. Here is a diagram of how pill switches are currently displayed:

This contributes to a slight delay, which will be fixed in the future. Here are the on-screen results of what the toggle switches look like (all properties can be customized, whether it be if the switch is active, background and foreground colors, and if it is enabled):

Who knows, maybe a build is on the horizon? (:

Dudeman313 wrote:
Wait...so would this work if I used calc84's LCD tool? It's bundled with DJ O's Sord of Atari.

?

Third-party apps and programs are still supported.
This thing here, under "Stuff nobody reads."

But this is pretty cool! Is it a program that uses xLIBC?
Dudeman313 wrote:
This thing here, under "Stuff nobody reads."

But this is pretty cool! Is it a program that uses xLIBC?

Yeah, this will run.

This isn't a program, it's a shell (OS-ish).
Alright, I'll run LCDtool and try your latest build.

And by Shell-ish, do you mean a program shell that runs within the OS(Doors, Celsium,Ion,etc), something that runs somewhat outside the OS(like TI-Boy), an actual Operating System, or something entirely different?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 20 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours